Head Gasket Repair

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Ben Premack, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Ben Premack

Ben Premack New Member

Hello I have my late cousins 2008 Outback with about 112,000 miles. It needs the heads done!
    They were replaced about 24,000 miles ago, but found out the shop used the same bolts and or did not torque them right, so I am wondering if anyone knows a place to get this done cheaper than the normal 2500-3500 range. I already have the parts.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank You

Ben Premack
    612-432-2349

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Hey Ben! Check with JM Automotive for pricing. I’m not sure if they are cheaper than that or not, but they do awesome work!

https://www.jmautomn.com/

-Josh

minnesotanice and silver03 like this.
  3. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Well-Known Member

You will find most people around here will use JMA, and for good reason. Jesse and his crew are very knowledgeable and walk you through the work. Very customer friendly and have the reputation to back up their work!

06LGT, silver03 and tangledupinblu like this.
  4. OneGlanceMan

OneGlanceMan Member

I got a quote from JMA before and Jesse quoted me around $3000 for a 2002 Subaru WRX, so I don't think JMA will do the price range you're asking for below $2500 - $3500 range. Jesse also said to me they'll charge more if you're using your own parts.

5. Niz

Niz Well-Known Member

Had mine done by a member here out of his garage. I believe he worked at a subaru dealership, not sure if he's still doing stuff on his own time. Feel free to PM if you want and I can give you his username