HEADWATERS Club Rally

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by afmoa, May 3, 2005.

1. afmoa

afmoa Guest

Those of you that follow rally in the US probably know that the Sports Car Club of America is no longer sanctioning rally in the United States.

That role has been taken up by an organization called Rally America. They are based here in town (Eden Prarie to be exact.)

The Headwaters ClubRally is an event scheduled for May 14th in Park Rapids, MN. This will be a one day clubrally event with about 20-40 cars from the central US. Some Subarus will be entered along with an assortment of other two and four wheel entries.

Volunteer workers are needed to work at start and finish controls and marshall at roads that intersect the course to alert people of the closures. These positions make great spectator points as well. I plan volunteering and will be working at a start and finish control. If you have any questions about rally drop me an e-mail. It's a cool sport and they need volunteers to make it happen. It would be cool if we had a bunch of club guys come up for it. There is hotel information available at the event website.

This is NOT the national event that runs here every year. That event is in August in Bemidji. Check the attached links below for more information. They are looking for volunteers also.

Brett

Related links:
    http://www.rally-america.com/
    http://www.scca-lol.org/rally/headwaters/

2. rallywrx

rallywrx New Member

Hi Brett, I'll be there. Be sure to say hello. I'll be driving the Saturn #628,
    Dan

3. snbrd4evr

snbrd4evr Well-Known Member

I'm coming, but I'll be spectating. I'd love to help work it but I have a bunch of friends that are coming along that don't know too much about rally and I can't ditch them. Hope to see a bunch of people there! It's always a good time :D

4. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Brett thanks for the info! ;)

5. Korsch_RS

Korsch_RS New Member

My friend Pete and I might be volunteering there. If you see a white GC being followed by an Explorer with sidepipes, wave. Should be a blast.

6. ps13drifter

ps13drifter Well-Known Member

eden prarie? try agian:p

i'll be there (it will already be my 4th rally of the year:cool:)

7. snbrd4evr

snbrd4evr Well-Known Member

I'm going to help tape off some roads saturday morning but I think we should all get together during the race and have some fun. Look for a stock silver 2.5RS and just honk at me, I'll stop :D