Hello Everybody!

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by mixed_menace, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixed_menace

mixed_menace Guest

Greetings from the north =D

Some familar faces from nasioc here, just saying hello to the club. Grandmasterchan and I will be in Bemiji for the rally, I hear that some MN clubbers will be there as well..I also hear about a dinner meet at the rally. Just getting to know some people before we head out Friday afternoon.

BTW if any of you guys want to come out, I have organzed a ginormous meet at our new Frontier Subaru location in winnipeg (the old building is trash compared to this..it was based on an asian theme complete w/ meditation room and internet access for waiting customers) So if anybody wants to make the 8hr drive hehe come on out =D

Hope to meet some of you at the rally!

Shaun
    www.zucru.ca

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Shaun Welcome :D

3. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Ey shaun....8 hr drive?...........:(

4. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Hello, Shaun. You driving down from Canada? I won't see your car this time unless you make it out to the Autovations show this Saturday in Minneapolis! 5pm-11pm.

5. mixed_menace

mixed_menace Guest

hmmm how far is this place from bemiji? hehe i would love to come down, but i might not have enough time =(.

anybody from this board coming down to the ojibway rally?

thanks for the welcomes!

6. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I will be there. I posted before about going out and getting some lunch/dinner one of the nights. Lets try to get something together. Are you guys working the rally, or just going to watch?

Russ

7. mixed_menace

mixed_menace Guest

allan and i (/ our GF's) are coming to watch, are the marshalling points a better viewing place hehe.

is it similar to autox marshalling..radios..if something goes bad..radio it in? ("1 cone on the flying impreza..over..make that 1 cone and 1 deer.")

i am meeting up w/ allan (hes going to minneapolis..than to the rally..i am heading down from winnipeg..across the border..than to the rally friday afternoon.

i am down for dinner..any other members going? any decent places to eat out at the rally?

8. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I guess it depends on what you want to do. Usally you work 2-3 stages per night (corner marshal), and you just guard cross roads so that nobody gets into the race. After last year they set up spectator stages, so they were just packed. Marshalling is a cake job, just sit at some corner/cross road and take some pictures and watch for some glowing rotors. I think everyone has to be up there Friday by noon-1pm to be a worker, and the rally starts at 5pm.

As for going out for lunch, there is applebee's and stuff like that around. I am heading up Friday morning (3.5 hour drive), and we are staying at the hotel right next door to rally hq.

Russ

9. android

android Guest

I will be up on Saturday. We are not staying the night this time around. I would be willing to meet up for lunch or dinner. The best place to meet would probably by at the Farmers Field or on Sunday at the Service Area.

10. mixed_menace

mixed_menace Guest

awesome, we're still deciding what time to come on down, definetly being there friday evening..and staying until sunday. i hope to meet some members there.

11. imported_n/a

imported_n/a Guest

WRX1: are you staying at the comfort inn? That's where Mixed_Menace and I are staying. Just look for the GD and GC from Manitoba.

12. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ya, I will be staying at the comfort inn. I will be driving my red chev truck. I will keep a eye out for everyone. Is there a certain time/place we want to try for?? We are definitly going to have to do something before the rally.

Russ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.