Help Me Please

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by cowboybebop, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

OK here's the deal I drive a 2001 Impreza 2.5rs. Now from a dead stop in first gear it revs to like 4500 rpm before moving. WTF is the deal? clutch? Please help Thanks Gabe

2. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

let the clutch out before 4500 rpm. ;-)

If the clutch was that bad, you'd be getting slip in every gear. It is a manual, right?

3. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

lol i do. i haven't been driving a manual that long i'll see what i can do. thanks for the advice it's probally my inability to drive

4. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

You might be glazing your clutch a little by letting out the clutch at higher RPMs. Try getting your foot all the way off the clutch by 3000 RPMs and see what that does.

-Jordan

5. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

Allrighty then thanks again i'll try it soon as i get out of class.

6. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Maybe your car has a weightless flywheel? A clutch that's worn doesn't engage as it normally would. You feel like it takes a lot more effort to make the car start moving. Does it feel like there's no more friction material on the clutch disk?

7. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

It does feel like it takes alot of energy to get moving. but i just noticed it recently

8. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Can I test drive it for you :D Seriously, just to test your clutch and gearing for ya.

9. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Can I be next in line :cool:.

10. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

I call third!:D

11. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

Sure. I'm pretty sure it's the clutch. here's what happens put clutch in shift to first as soon as i hit the gas i let the clutch out as i push the gas it revs to about 4000 to 4500 rpm smells like it's burning (bad i know) and i'm not gassing it that much.Ahhhhh it's frustrating. :(!

12. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

You're pushing the gas too much, or letting the clutch out too slow.. but you say it's only started doing it recently? Let Vic try. :) I can try too, if you're on the west side of the city (near Eden Prairie)

13. yosmiley

Why not do this... slowly let the clutch off slowly until you get the clutch to engage, then give it gas once the car starts moving... try this and see if we get a positive result... let us know.

14. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

I'll be in Richfield tonight at my parents house but if any one wants to test drive post on here and i'll give you directions.

15. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by cowboybebop

I'll be in Richfield tonight at my parents house but if any one wants to test drive post on here and i'll give you directions.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What time will you be at your parent's house? I work at 494 & Penn and could stop by on my way home.

-Jordan

16. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

I'll be there about 5:00. It's at 75th and Portland. The drive-way looks like an alley. You'll see the Black subaru in the drive-way.

17. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Want to shoot me an e-mail with the address so I don't get lost? ;-) (maybe also phone so I can call when I arrive?)

It's nice and close to my work! :)

-Jordan

18. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

Email sent see ya when you get there :D

19. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by cowboybebop

Email sent see ya when you get there :D

Hmm.. no e-mail received :-o

[email protected] Forgot to give you the address.. heh :)

-Jordan

20. yosmiley

Jordan, thanks for doing this... help the fellow subie out. Let us know what happen... it would be intersting to find out what the cause is.

21. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Nevermind.. I got the e-mail.. had outlook open at home and it was snatching message off the server before I got them at work.. lol. :)

See ya soon!
    -Jordan

22. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

Jordan, thanks for doing this... help the fellow subie out. Let us know what happen... it would be intersting to find out what the cause is.

I haven't introduced my shop yet to mnsubie boards.. but MNAudi folks have been happy with "Midnight Tuning, Inc." services.

We can swap wheels, fill windshield wiper fluid, recommend tires, wash cars, change wiper blades.. basically all those really complicated things. ;-) :-p

23. yosmiley

Foshizzle, Jordan's gotts a Midnight Tuning, Inc. dayehmmm... tis I gotts ta see.

Okay Dogg, tonite, I'm ma roll on by. Can you hook a brotha's wheels up with some of dem Dubs... and I mean dem 26" Sprewell Bling Bling that shines and go BING! when the sun hit it up.

That would be tite... dayehmmm dogg, why we be trying to rush homeboys thread... Dis is called HI-JACK'ING... U JUST GOT SERVED!!!

Ok guys, I sux at street trash so ya can laugh all yall want LOL.

24. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Vic.. I think you'll need a lift kit first before the 26" will fit. Want me to order it?

25. yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jprice

Vic.. I think you'll need a lift kit first before the 26" will fit. Want me to order it?

Dogg, please do... make sure dem are Gold Plated... cause us Ghetto folks can't afford real Gold mang!!! LOL

26. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

GABE: check your clutch fluid, it may be low. Add more if you need, its the same as brake fluid.

Jordan: does your shop have a wheel mount/balancer. I may be interested :cool:

27. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

I took the car to the dealer it barely made it. I took it to bloomington subaru/acura. I got it on the lot and had to walk all the way across it. It's sucks. so friday i'll bring my other car to uni.thanks for everyones help. thanks to jordan for confirming my fear. :D

28. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Good luck on your car. I guess we can be the "Super Maintenance Brothers!!!" (or lack of; whichever fits better)

...at least you don't have to pay for towing. Darn! :(

29. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

Yep.. the clutch was barely grabbing with the pedal all the way out.. almost free revving in every gear! I can't believe you made it to the dealership.. must be some crazy driving skillz! (How'd you make it up the hills?)

Gabe's exhaust is NICE! :)

30. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

Most of the way is down hill plus maybe i just "didn't see that stop sign officer" lol. i was driving fast. so tonite i'll be driving the wifes car to uni. also they called me today they got the clutch done but now something else is wrong wiht the transmission. so i won't get it back till next week. which sucks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.