Hi, i'm a newbie.

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by TjDunklee, Apr 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TjDunklee

TjDunklee Well-Known Member

Hey everybody I just joined the club so I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Tim and I'm 20 years old and I'm currently in my second year of Auto Body Collision and Painting at Century College. For my final project I purchased a Rebuildable 2002 Wrx Wagon that had been hit in the front end. I'm currently in the process of redoing it but it's taking a long time. I will have it out to play i n the early summer. I might need help putting the engine back in. Anybody up for a engine party? I can't wait to join you guys on your meets. I will be a very active member once I get my ride going. I will update you with the progress. Nice to be a part of the group. Here are some current pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Welcome Tim, that looks like a fun project:D

3. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Welcome TIM :D. Good luck on that project. Sorry can't help you much because I'm no mechanic :I. Todd and Russ are the mechanics here. See you at the meets and firestone lot soon!

Yia

4. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Welcome Tim... do keep us informs on the project and hope to catch you on the road.

5. balatroWRX

balatroWRX Guest

Hey Tim, that looks like quite a project. I'm very new to this forum too and I am also looking forward to getting together for some meets. I'm no master mechanic but I know how to turn a wrench pretty good. If you could get a couple guys that really know what they are doing I would definatly help out. I would realy like to learn a little more about the process of putting the engine back in. It also would be a good time see the EJ20 from a differnt angle. Let me know if you get a couple more guys and hey, maybe when it is all said and done you could french my door handles for me.;) j/k

You should try to go to the Damon's thing that's kinda close to Century College and it might be a good time to meet and get a few more guys interrested.

6. imported_n/a

imported_n/a Guest

Sup Tim, and welcome to MnSubaru forums. That looks like a fun project, keep us inform, :cool: ,sms.

7. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Welcome aboard Tim. Just let me know if you need any help. I have done a bunch of engine swaps (just no Subarus yet), so I have some backround.

Russ

8. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

Welcome! I am the club's post-whore. :X You can rent me for ten dollars a word. ;)

9. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Welcome, Tim! Glad to see some new faces in here! :) Hope to see your ride at the next meet!

10. TjDunklee

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm trying to get off work for the Damon's meet as we speak. I'll let you know if it's possible.

11. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

Welcome, Tim :cool:

PJ

12. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Welcome Tim!

I think I was looking at that car as well, where did you get it from? I am always willing to give a hand, so if you need help give me a shout. I think I have some experience. LOL }:)

Matt

13. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

Welcome Tim! I've done a clutch swap in my car with the help of some friends, anything could be done with helping hands.

14. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by FuJi K

Welcome Tim! I've done a clutch swap in my car with the help of some friends, anything could be done with helping hands.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks for the info, Fue! LOL. You do RS clutches for pizza?

15. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

Fong, if you want to give pizza, that'll be great! Then again, I'm going to let you do some wrenching as well so you know what's up!

16. EchoWrx

EchoWrx New Member

Welcome Mnbodyman,
    I'm EL if ya need wrenchers I'm at your service.:cool:

17. TjDunklee

Bikerbody,
    I got the car from Southside-auto last fall.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.