Home Renovation Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by pocketrocket, Nov 20, 2015.

1. pocketrocket

pocketrocket Well-Known Member

I know there are a lot of homeowners on here that post work they've done in their house. Thought we should have a place for renovation, upgrades and repairs we are working on.

I bought my first house last year that was a foreclosure so I've been in for a wild ride so far. Some of the stuff I'm working on now that's got me scratching my head: image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Wow, there's a ton of things going on in those pics that shouldn't be!

phi11 likes this.
  3. pocketrocket

Yeah, the fact there are no header structures for anything in a load bearing wall is going to make this project a riot. I was hoping to just replace the doors, Sheetrock, paint, carpet and some tile work. Now I've got major framing, electric, plumbing, and insulation to add to it. Gotta love what you find behind walls.

4. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

DIY work by the uneducated general populace is scary. Looks like you already punched a hole in the drywall with your fist out of frustration.

5. pocketrocket

Nope, foreclosure house...this place was stripped when I bought it lol. Lots of random damage. Got a killer deal on the home though. At this point I've got about 30k in equity at least. I've been really considering doing a HELOC and just having a contractor do the complete exterior next year, but I have a tough time wanting to strip any of that equity.