Honda accord ignition stuck

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by G_2.5rs, Sep 14, 2011.

1. G_2.5rs

G_2.5rs Well-Known Member

My dad's ignition have recently become stuck and its impossible to turn. would take a million turns before it turns. wheels arent locked, everything is fine, and my dad wants to replace the ignition switch. jw what it may be because there is no returns on electrical stuff if it turns out that wasnt the problem. no cel, but there is an occasional transmission check light that comes on.

2. Ntxhuav_Khang

Ntxhuav_Khang Well-Known Member

you sure the key isn't dulled down? try a fresh cut key - just a thought

3. Bnuts01

Bnuts01 Well-Known Member

push button start?

4. G_2.5rs

i would try a fresh cut key, but then i would have to get the special chipped ones at the dealership and those prob be around $20 or more. this morning it worked after like a minute of wiggling it and the steering wheel at the same time.

5. Ntxhuav_Khang

Ntxhuav_Khang Well-Known Member

No Valet key? It's prob just the key.

6. G_2.5rs

but then, wouldnt i still have the same trouble opening the door? the key opens the door and trunk with no hesitation at all.

7. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Is it a heavy-ass set of keys? You know, with a key to every lock your dad has come into contact with his entire life, a bottle opener, a wheelbarrow, and an anvil attached to it? Heavy keys hanging from the ignition will eventually damage the cylinder. The keys don't hang for long periods in the door or trunk locks.

8. G_2.5rs

so we tried the unchipped spared key we found(got it a long time ago) and the ignition turns! so will be throwing out about $100 for a damn key. or so ive read around the honda forums.