How long did you wait?

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by skubi1, Aug 13, 2018.

1. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

Did a thing yesterday. Couple of friends came over and helped me tackle a project I've been slacking on for a LONG time. 1.png 2.png
    We brain farted and forgot to mark the camber bolts.
    Probably going to get a fresh alignment done on Wed. if i can get squeezed in. Other forums it's a huge debate on either immediately or around 500 miles before an alignment, but since the camber wasn't marked, I really don't want to shred my tires. More pics will follow once the springs settle in. These things are awesome, no real noticeable decrease in ride quality, corners a lot better and think so far they've settled about an inch and a half. NO MORE LAND BOAT! Next on the menu is new endlinks for my STi rear sway, the locking allen bolts were fused and hole is shredded, so can't get them off (thread started for need of new endlinks). More to follow once everything settles down!

2. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Uh, before and after pics of car...

Please.

MidnightImpreza likes this.
  3. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

I'll jump in and recommend that alignment needs to be done as soon as possible. Needs to be done any way. Sooner than later.

Springs look nice. Pics please.

4. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Depends how much you like your tires...Camber thrown off takes a while to do much damage, but if you've got sweet new tires, you might want to do it quicker.

If I'm on summer tires (I mostly run used All-seasons in the summer), I don't worry about it. But if I've got my snows out, I'm much more careful.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  5. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

This was after a day, so they still have a way to settle before. When we took the struts apart, noticed that they had the saggy butt spacers on the rears (common mod for these), so rear may have a slight raked look to it after it settles, who knows. I was worried that the flaps were going to rub or get torn off, no problems yet. Might invest in some of the Grimmspeed Gold for the wheels. Eventually, I will go with 18's for the summer and just use the stockers for winter. Totally forgot to take before pics...sorry.

IMG_0239.jpeg IMG_0241.jpeg IMG_0240.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018