How many subarus got stuck in this weekends storm

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Zehyani, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Zehyani

Zehyani Active Member

Post up here.

2. Navar Hren

Navar Hren Active Member

Not stuck but I did see 1 '10 Outback and 2 '14+ Foresters stuck today in Uptown. Damn kids.

3. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

Had one close call yesterday but made it ok. Dang ground clearance.

4. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

Mine was stuck in the garage yesterday! Didn't try to go anywhere.
    :(

5. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

+1.

6. klutz

klutz Well-Known Member

I tried to stay in, but I had to leave to get snowblower gas 'cause the neighborhood and I needed it! I made sure to go out only where the plow had been. The WRX can haul, but it just doesn't have ground clearance and I didn't want to shovel it out!

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  7. MrBlue

MrBlue Well-Known Member

My car is the plow for the neighborhood... 03wrx lowered 2" with Blizzak LM60's. I can have snow coming over the hood from buildup in front and still make it out to where the plow has run (Usually they don't get to us until afternoon)

8. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Stuck? Pfft. I was laying frame the entire time I was out yesterday. Didn't even hesitate.

MidnightImpreza and MrBlue like this.
  9. Stormtrooper1

Stormtrooper1 Well-Known Member

Didn’t get stuck here with the outback, we even went to a state park that was unplowed because their plow truck was stuck in the ditch. We saw a crosstrek their as well.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  10. Niz

Niz Well-Known Member

I went around the neighborhood to see how the saabaru would do and it just plowed through everything. It actually surprised me because it has all seasons and the snow was coming over the hood but it still chugged along like it was nothing

11. pcwerk

pcwerk Well-Known Member

didn't get stuck but hit a patch of deep snow where i was thankful
    to finally have 16" wheels ;)

12. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

Went to Target yesterday then to Toys R Us, which was closed. Saw about 40 cars on the side streets trying to get over where the plows went (unsuccessfully). Was sketchy a few times since I just have all seasons on, but made it home alright. Love the ground clearance, traction control was being a little biatch the whole time screaming at me. Think there was only about 50 feet of visibility yesterday while I was out. Was thinking the entire time, "this is a dumb thing you're doing"...all for a hammerhead shark toy or stuffed animal for junior.

13. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

Went through the 3' snow drift that accumulated behind the car as well as the plow berm at the end of my driveway when I moved it around the driveway. Other then that I didn't go anywhere this weekend but have no doubt I would of had 0 issues unless I wanted to have one.

14. SomeGuy

SomeGuy Member

I didn't get stuck, but I only went out on Saturday. I was back from Minnebar 2018 at approximately 6:30 pm. Good snow tires + subaru FTW.

I saw several Jeep Wranglers that I think were just driving around Shakopee to run through the snow.

15. MNcrew952

MNcrew952 Member

Didn't get stuck, but sure managed to spin the tires a lot. I switched to my summers 2 weeks ago since I thought I would be safe going out of town until last Friday and temps were already consistant in the 40s+

I was wrong.

16. drac77

drac77 Well-Known Member

My wife got sent home on Saturday as Wells Fargo closed early, picked her up and we felt like wings. Couldn't see jack, but never had an issue. Glad I sized down to 17's for my winter setup though. I got the "shimmies" from the snow packed up there yesterday going to church.. IMG_20180414_144751_124.jpg

17. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

The plow guy hadn't shown up at my parents' house (Maple Plain, officially 18.5") yesterday, so my mom tried to send it in her '12 Impreza. Sounds like she made it about 20 feet from the garage before she was high centered. Plow guy came several hours later with a bobcat....

18. Kneel Weiß

Kneel Weiß FUMP BDI Staff Member

Drove across the cities and into Wabasha for training. Not one problem. Slow driving, but it was a cake walk. Granted, not in the Toyobaru, but it was still an eventful drive. Saw tons of people stuck or in ditches. More so in the bluffs of Lake City. Only times i spun or wagged the rear was when i was trying to.

19. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Saw a few stuck subarus and several stuck fwd sedans.

4runner made it through several feet of waist high plow berms. Suprised I didn't get high sided despite my best efforts.

Aegis and tangledupinblu like this.
  20. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I knew that you got that thing for a reason.

21. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

I didn't get stuck, but there were quite a few cars stuck on on/off ramps on 212 Saturday when it was a white out.

Kinda surprised the FXT managed to make it down our street and into the driveway, since it was completely unplowed and my tires are getting pretty damn bald.

22. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

We only got like 6" of snow down here - child's play for the OBS. Looks like another 4" tomorrow. Fvck you, mother nature. :shifty:

23. Todd

Todd The Originator Staff Member

Stuck?
    I took my kids out hooning in each of there cars. The Forester bashing the plow drifts and spinning about nicely with no voltage to the AWD solenoid in the 4EAT (hard lock AWD). The daughter whipped the white RS like a spinning top laughing hysterically.

24. derp

derp Well-Known Member

CR-V on all-seasons did great. Never got stuck once.

25. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten stuck in snow since I got my Blizzaks.