How Not To Act: Bonus Round - T-shirt’s T-shirt’s T-shirt’s

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Everett, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Everett

Everett Member

It must be winter time, as the gutter slime is clogging up the pipes again. In the wake of the recent new member ban-a-thon speed run blitz, we have this charming gem from a perennial failure @Everett who likes to come in with scummy business ideas and sale threads, and then exit in a smoke cloud of his own shame and ignorance. This is his third attempt, and after breaking a few rules, he exited stage left with his ball and is now likely selling fake Ray Bans on MNSubiez.

Merry Christmas,

-Readymix

Hey guys, I’ve developed an original design that represents my MN origins. I then had that design screen printed on T-shirt’s and would like to see if there’s anyone interested.

612 is the OG area code of MN. So if you’re an OG Minnesotan then it’s time to represent.

Comes in white or gray with black logo.

Small through XL. These shirts are kind of an athletic fit, so a bit compressed and stretch, sizes don’t run small though.

$15 each or 2 for $25, shipped to your door.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2018
  2. derp

derp Well-Known Member

no 651 no care.

also, good luck with that non-vendor account.

3. MN_XV_712

MN_XV_712 Well-Known Member

giphy.gif

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  4. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Not sure what makes it 'OG'. More of MN historically was (and still is) 218.

I do recall when the east side became 651. I was mildly annoyed, having grown up with it being 612.

In time I got over it. So I have no need for a t-shirt with my childhood zip code. Unless it comes with a Nintendo Switch.

5. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Also, why is the title of this thread possessive? (Thrice)

Krazylegz1485 and Aegis like this.
  6. derp

derp Well-Known Member

i read it as 't-shirt is t-shirt is t-shirt is'

I figured out that the 't-shirt is' in the thread.

Krazylegz1485, Aegis and sneefy like this.
  7. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Lol. That's one way to read it. I was waiting to hear what the t-shirt had.

8. derp

derp Well-Known Member

no business being in this thread since it's posted by a non-vendor?

Fienix and sneefy like this.
  9. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Nicely played! Also correct.

derp likes this.
  10. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

What makes an area code gangster?

11. Everett

Everett Member

OG has transitioned to simply meaning “original”.

The title is possessive because of Autocorrect and I didn’t catch it.

If this thread is only for vendors then how are people selling XBoxs, headphones, and entertainment stands?

I’m simply trying to sell something and if you don’t want to buy then please keep your rude comments to yourself. There’s WAY too much negativity on this site. What happened to supporting our fellow Subaru enthusiasts? This endeavor is a starting point for me and a potential clothing brand so I’m just testing the waters to gauge interest. I’m making exactly $1 on every shirt sold at this price so I am absolutely not ripping anyone off, just trying to get a cool design on a shirt out to the public. If you guys want to see someone fail at trying to be an entrepreneur then keep knocking my design or spelling, or terminology.

12. mctenold

mctenold Well-Known Member

Private classifieds are different than a business selling products, and your venture is a business.

My honest advice is that I commend you for taking this first step into entrenuership, but a t-shirt business is the "Hello World!" of becoming an entrepreneur. As an entrepreneur myself who lives in NYC, I would advise you to think of something more original. There a probably a million different t-shirts that have the number 612 on it. There are also a billion t-shirt businesses. How can you make yours stand out and be different?

idget and sneefy like this.
  13. Fienix

Fienix Well-Known Member

If you want to be an entrepreneur spelling and terminology are really important. If you want to sell clothes - I'm no fashionista, but - you should take all of your design criticism constructively. I didn't see anyone rip your design at all, just questioning why you consider 612 to be the "OG" area code. So I'd probably file that in under-developed marketing skills. As for the vendor comments, the rules don't explicitly state (from what I can tell) that you can't post items for sale from your business, but it should be pretty obvious that this forum acts as classifieds for pre-owned items people are looking to get rid of, not as billboards for businesses.

idget, Aegis, sneefy and 1 other person like this.
  14. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

*backs away slowly*

phi11 likes this.
  15. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

Well, if you would like some unsolicited, (but hopefully objective) feedback, I'm glad to offer it, adding to what has already been said above.

As stated, 612 isn't the 'original area code' of MN. There were two, 218 being larger by area, if not population at the time. Nobody that (I'm assuming) you're actually marketing towards was alive when 612 was at it's largest area. 612 is now the smallest area code in the state by area. So you're really just marketing to Minneapolis, or perhaps the small market that actually has positive feelings about Minneapolis. '612' is not, (and never was) synonymous with 'Minnesota'. Those outside Minneapolis that take pride in their area may even be slightly insulted that you consider it so. (though I might be reaching on that one...) So, if you may be thinking of making the logo on this shirt and its premise your 'brand' it very likely won't work.

Aside from understanding their own product and knowing to whom they are marketing, it's also the responsibility of an entrepreneur to go above and beyond when trying to sell something via someone else's platform. In this case, contacting the forum staff about whether a vendor account was even necessary or not. Perhaps haven't been active enough on the forum to know that vendor accounts exist here? Since you don't seem to grasp the difference between someone selling a used Xbox and a line of t-shirt's [sic] that makes it even worse.

Lastly, in my opinion, you will probably not do well selling on MNSubaru given your past attempts and now this one. This has been discussed in previous threads that you understandably don't like the reputation you have developed here. With a small community and a long collective memory, it's unlikely you'll live down that reputation enough to have any success selling here. So, posting something like this also speaks to a lack of understanding of your audience, which is critical for an entrepreneur.

16. curly2k3

I can only imagine what I would look like if I was laying down on my side.

What a shame.

sneefy likes this.
  17. Fienix

Fienix Well-Known Member

OP, it's like you didn't even read this post. @blackozone already tried explaining this to you...

sneefy and MN_XV_712 like this.
  18. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

This is the difference:

That is no longer a private sale.

You know what's crucial to making an entrepreneur successful? Marketing. Having a crappy product, crappy listing, and crappy grammar (your spelling is fine, btw), is crappy marketing. You have no-one to blame but yourself.

19. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Those are personal items that aren't retail or contributing to a business. The same thing applies to the real world. If you hold a garage sale and sell a bunch of used stuff or stuff you don't want, you don't need any sort of commercial licensing from the state. If you are producing t-shirts in your basement as a for-profit business, you're going to need to register and pay taxes.
    Same goes on MNSubaru. You can sell your used junk, or even new stuff you don't need. But if you intend to act as a business, you need to be an approved vendor. We hold vendors to a higher standard, and part of that includes registration and contact information, and working with our vendor management staff.
    So much to unpack here. You want us to support you and your business, but you don't want to follow the rules set forth for businesses doing business on our forum. And the mere suggestion to follow those rules means we want you to fail at business. And any criticism of your product, instead of showering you in money for a product that people don't actually want, is also dooming you to failure.
    It isn't MNSubaru that is causing you to fail at being an entrepreneur, it is your not following the rules and your crap product that is causing you to fail.
    Nobody is under obligation to pay you for stuff they don't want to ensure you succeed. And we also are under no obligation to provide you with a free market place and store front to peddle your wares.

And a side note, taking you at your word of "I'm not trying to scam anyone" falls on its face when your last sale thread involved you trying to rip people off on a Nintendo switch.

derp and sneefy like this.
  20. curly2k3

Was the switch or the Forester more recent?

21. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

Forester.

22. MN_XV_712

il_570xN.1159505384_20e5.jpg

Aegis and readymix like this.
  23. readymix

And under the graphic:
    "$600. I'm totally not trying to scam anyone. I'm a business man."

Aegis and MN_XV_712 like this.
  24. MN_XV_712

Have to pay for the Nintendo trademark somehow.

25. readymix

Are you trying to make a local entrepreneur fail? Why do you let people sell used Subaru parts on here? You don't care about them violating Subarus trademarks! This place is so hostile to people selling things!

MN_XV_712 likes this.
  26. readymix

@Everett ^^ This is how dumb you sound.

27. pillboy

Since I am from southern Minnesota OGly, I'm left wondering why there is no love for the 507?

joebush44 and sneefy like this.
  28. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

I was born and raised here, but sadly I am not OG apparently.

Shout out to the 3-tweezy!

sneefy likes this.
  29. powdered toast man

powdered toast man Member

If there is going to be a 507 shirt, it needs to have SEMN on it somewhere.

30. derp

derp Well-Known Member

He'll take care of that once he gets the shirt ;)

sneefy and pillboy like this.
  31. pillboy

LOL...maybe should have SEMN socks too.

sneefy likes this.
  32. Everett

Everett Member

This was my last hope for this site but I guess everyone on here has no positivity left in their life. Sorry for ever stepping foot in this forum. Admin please remove this thread. Deleting my account. I’m donzo. **** you all.

33. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Pq

sneefy likes this.
  34. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

35. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Still wish this forum had a "laugh" reaction instead of just "like."

OP, feel free to take your ball and go home. What this thread was providing you was actually useful, constructive criticism, even though we all saw the last couple of threads where, as it has been mentioned, your prices were ludicrous and we told you that we were not interested in what you were selling then.
    So, instead of taking this criticism like an actual adult, you decide "hey, these people are saying things I don't like, they're all negative, you're all so negative!"

There are plenty of places where you will be able to sell your shirts and I'm sure will have people who tell you exactly what you want to hear. Facebook is a good place to start.

Chux and sneefy like this.
  36. curly2k3

Wait, before you go... I've got a business idea I wanted to get you in on.

We each find investors in some phone cards (they sell themselves!), they get investors as well, then those investors get additional investors and before you know it, we're swimming in cash!

Don't worry, we'll keep this on the DL so it isn't a "business", tax free!

37. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

pillboy and Aegis like this.
  38. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

Two "Off the rails threads" in one month! It must be getting close to Christmas!!

minnesotanice and readymix like this.
  39. idget

His design isn't half bad. Could use some better spacing and contrast. And yeah, branding really puts paints him into a small corner. But, state fair worthy imo... wait, what am I doing... that wasn't nearly negative enough of a response for this site. Gonna go fux myself now.

40. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

MN_XV_712 and Aegis like this.
  41. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

560.jpg

Aegis likes this.
  42. idget

@pillboy needs to make "OGly" shirts. I'd pay at least $17 for one and $30 for 2.

jubella2 and sneefy like this.
  43. readymix

Nope, I will be leaving this thread open so the peanut gallery can continue micturating on its tragic corpse.

You can, however, take your bucket full of troll tears with you, along with your misguided martyr complex, and shove both of them just right back up your ass where you found them. Preferably on someone else's website. Maybe your own website, like most business people do. Then at least you can focus your business failure analysis squarely where it belongs, on yourself.

44. powdered toast man

powdered toast man Member

What the **** is a donzo?

Aegis and klutz like this.
  45. Fienix

Fienix Well-Known Member