I got a TICKET!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by tux121, May 6, 2007.

1. tux121

tux121 Well-Known Member

Out of all the tickets you can get; I get a ticket for backing out of the driveway! Now how fawkin gay is that???!
    I supposively almost hit him he said quote" I didnt see him" and he was coming fast(I can't tell! Our human eyes arent made to have that ability to judge speed) and he didnt even have his lights flashing and he was following another COP....Piss me off too cuz he asked me am i from bp and i said yeah and he told me to stay away from st.paul..i take that as a threat!! he said I was RACING HIM when all i was doing was accelerating to the appropriate SPEED..

2. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

What else were you doing?

3. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

you sir are batting a thousand in the "smarts" category

4. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

Me?:biggrin:

5. s7udmuffin

s7udmuffin New Member

wth...how did that happen?

6. TchainT

TchainT Well-Known Member

yeah, i feel ya... a tree just fell on my car..... so. yeah man, this isnt a great night for Subarus. :emo:

7. masube81

masube81 Well-Known Member

wow crazy thing happened to you both tonight. i guess it not a great night for you guys to go out so stay in.

8. TchainT

TchainT Well-Known Member

too late. my baby is already hurt :emo:

9. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

POST OF THE WEEK!

Yeah, tux, you were obviously not doing anything wrong. Just some angry cop.:roll: It doesn't work that way, fill us in on the real details.

10. tux121

tux121 Well-Known Member

****t. they tried to find anything that was wrong with my car..they wanted to check if my muffler was leaking?! wtf is that all about huh! they asked me to turn on my car haha. gay! as i was sitting there waiting 4 my ticket i see cops driving on sidewalks, speeding for no apparent reason with their lights not even flashing how dangerous is that compared to me BACKING OUT OF A FREAKIN DRIVEWAY man.....

11. tux121

tux121 Well-Known Member

swear to god thats it. besides this my first time with a citation so uhhh i have no idea how to take care of this...

12. Taras

Taras BANNED

appeal it! go to the court and appeal it. I did that once and it worked. Its free and only takes an hour or so. It least you can try. Sorry to hear that you got a stupid ticket.

13. Skarecrow

Skarecrow Well-Known Member

not every cop is a good cop. 50% of oldschool cops do things how they want to do things as long as they don't get into trouble for it.

I've been arrested for BS reasons... and let go hours later because someone wanted to inconvience me.

grant you, i've had my fair share of trouble making... but long since over that life... and the only thing i've learned through all that. some cops are really good, and some deserve to be stripped of there badges on the street.

14. Jeremy969

Jeremy969 Well-Known Member

wow I just got done changing the title over to my car they didnt tell me at the dmv up here in duluth that there was a I.R red flag on the title. Insurance Revocation I got pulled over and the cop was going to pull the plates and impound. Even though I had new plates and tabs sitting in the passenger seat. So all in all some cops are alright others can be just a bunch of? you fill in the blank.

15. TRUBLU

TRUBLU New Member

that cop would've jsut been doing his job.

16. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

This thread confuses me. On the internets, please use punctuation correctly!

17. nightracerwrx

nightracerwrx New Member

^^ thank you, I also don't know whats going on in his first post.

18. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

Definately fight it.

even if you just see the court officer its better than nothing. they may let you off or cut the fine. other wise you can file a court date and go head to head with the cop.

19. Taras

Taras BANNED

Sue Him, Sue Him, Sue, Sue:jumpy: :mad:

20. Natural2JZ

Natural2JZ Well-Known Member

PICS??

21. esperunit

esperunit Well-Known Member

so you got a ticket for pulling out into a road?

What was the citation for? statute?

that will tell you what youre dealing with.

22. AWDimprezaL

another classic tux thread leaving us confused with no answers.

23. pksublime

pksublime Well-Known Member

yeah let us know what the ticket cites you for
    call the hearing officer and set up an appointment
    meet with him/her dressed nicely but not dressed up, take a shower, comb your hair
    ask what he/she is able to do since this is a first offense - what you want is called a "continuance until dismissal" which means you pay the ticket and if you don't get a same or similar ticket within 1 year it never goes on your record (sometimes you pay more for the ticket, but it's worth it for the insurance costs)
    ONLY if it's going nowhere bring up the hassling way the cop treated you (inappropriate search request, the bp comment etc)
    if you get nothing, set up your court appearance

here's the rub, if you plain pay the ticket you'll never be able to have another continued unless you get your record cleared out from time (7 years) so fight it hard

24. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

I think it's already been proven that you are one of the last people that should be giving advice. This post is a prime example. What exactly could he sue the officer for? What legal basis does he have? Give me a good solid answer, please, I'm dying to hear this one.

25. ShortytheFirefighter

What are you trying to say? You can't tell if an oncoming vehicle is coming up quickly or not?

26. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Well, it's official...

27. ShortytheFirefighter

Jason, that is just beautiful :laugh:

28. Tmex

Tmex New Member

and plus if you go to court and the officer doesnt show up in the first how ever long they drop all charges

29. ShortytheFirefighter

You do realize that they get subpoenaed and are allowed to take time to go to court, right? It's rare indeed that they don't show up.

30. pksublime

they always show, but sometimes they just aren't prepared and get the case thrown out that way too

31. AWDimprezaL

Oh I See

32. 6MTizzle

6MTizzle 2SLO

This is not true. I can tell you first-hand. Your first court appearance is just a pre-trial hearing or something like that and the cop is not required at all to show up.

33. pksublime

you can talk to the hearing officer first and if you want a real court appearance it will be the one with the officer

34. esperunit

this is HIGHLY dependent on which county. Most counties do not allow you to speak to a hearing officer until your scheduled court date.

If you fight this one they're going to screw you. believe that. I was in court once and 50 people wanted to talk to the hearing officer about minor crap like this, they didnt have the time or energy to even bother with stuff like this when they had a full docket of more serious cases. You're wasting their time and they know it.

Untrue about the CFD too. as soon as your CFD is up its completely off your record entirely and you can get a CFD in any other county. It does not go on your driving record at all once it is cleared by the issuing county. who knows if that county keeps it in their records but under the terms of a CFD once the continuance is over, it is as if the incident never occurred. Nothing goes on your record at all.

If this is the rinky dink little ticket you describe it as you will be better off paying it and living with it then getting a CFD and then later violating that. CFD means NO SPEEDING, NO MOVING VIOLATIONS, NO NOTHING for 12 months. If you violate that you will be in an entirely new arena of pain that this doesn't even compare to.

35. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Maybe you should quit backing out of driveways. Just because you did it for x amount of years without being caught doesn't make it ok. I say you got what ya had coming.;)

36. tux121

tux121 Well-Known Member

na. i think that cop was discriminating or just jealous of my car becuz its fast.....i just cant believe this! out of all the tickets in the world this has got to be the dummest!

37. esperunit

*sigh*

go get a CFD. I'm sure you'll have nooooo problems whatsoever not violating that and doing a weekend in county then :roll:

all of life's problems can be self deluded into saying 'he was hatin' on me!"

you still havent said what the ticket was for. Pulling out of a driveway isnt a ticketable offense.

38. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

quoted for irony

39. tux121

tux121 Well-Known Member

didnt i say at the begining? he said i was close to hitting him!! when the truth is he was close to hitting me! then he said i was trying to race with him! and then he tried checking my muffler for leaks!?? wtf!!

40. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

:laugh: hahahaha, LMAO!-Tom, w/t3hfUnN4y once again!hahahaha:bowrofl:

And tux, sorry about the bs ticket! I'd chalk it up in the life lessons under the category-"wrong place, at the wrong time!" Just pay the ticket. :)

41. beanflickr

beanflickr New Member

Minnesota Statute 169.20 RIGHT-OF-WAY.

Subd. 4. Vehicle entering roadway. The driver of a vehicle about to enter or cross a roadway
    from any place other than a roadway shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles approaching on
    the roadway to be entered or crossed.

42. austinpike

austinpike Well-Known Member

Whaaat are you talking about?

The worst that can happen if you violate the CFD, is the original ticket goes on your record, same as it would have in the first place if you had just paid it. The penalty does not increase if you get a second one. There is NO downside to to going that route. Maybe if you got a ticket for 50 over, and somehow wrangled a CFD, then broke it, you would have to do a weekend if that was the original penalty for the violation.

That is why they are typically pretty quick to give you the CFD. To get you out of the system so you don't schedule a court date and come back to waste even more time.

No, if he pays the ticket, it goes on his record, for years, visible to every county. That is why you always fight the first one, because once your record is tainted, your chances of getting a CFD in the future are pretty much nil.

Everything pksublime said is good advice, except I thought the 7 years was only like 3-4.

43. pksublime

The cops can continue seeing it for 7 years, insurance companies stop looking at the 3-5 year range. I also believe that at 5 you can have it removed but not sure on that one.

44. esperunit

well, it goes on your record, you already paid a fine, and you pay again. What I was trying to say is he certainly seems like his attitude shows he'll probably end up violating it. For cavalier drivers they're better off not violating the CFD and just taking the charge.

And when the judge gives a CFD most of the time they are assessing the maximum penalty for breaking it, whereas a non CFD deal would be much less. I saw people getting CFD deals for non insured driving that if violated would carry jail time. If that person is a habitual casual speeder, he's worse off with the CFD than getting another deal that would have never had the word "jail" anywhere near it.

All depends. I have seen some days lots of CFD given, other days they just offer fine based deals.

its 3 years on your record. And it was good advice, but not applicable in this situation as i think the OP is a bit of a retard. If he seriously thingks that he got pulled over because a cop was jealous of his car then it doesn't indicate that he understands how not to do whatever it was he was doing again, and then violating the CFD, paying more money on top of what he paid in court and facing max penalty charges.

45. ShortytheFirefighter

They won't grant a CFD for anything 20+ over the limit. Ask me how I know...