IACV suggestions...

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by mosho93, Sep 15, 2011.

1. mosho93

mosho93 Active Member

My car has started idling higher, threw a cel, and led me to a faulty IACV. I took it off, cleaned it, replaced the gasket, took it for a drive and the same symptoms. I can't get the star screws off (and don't want to strip them) to separate the valve from the housing to clean the valve itself. I'm really not fond of blowing $300+ on a new iacv, any suggestions? Anybody have a spare one they could ship me to try/buy? Get the 5 point star bit to take off the valve? Use a hacksaw like this guy and use a flat head screw driver to get it off...? http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1704762&highlight=P1507

2. mosho93

mosho93 Active Member

I tore it apart again, separated the valve and body like in the link above. I let WD-40 sit in the valve for 10-20 minutes and then used cue-tips to clean and dry it. Put it together and it fired right up. I also followed the proper heat cycle method for the new seal that I found in a different thread. Everything is good as new for right now. Hopefully it is good for a while...

3. easyfix

easyfix Guest

Advertisement removed by Readymix, and replaced by a delightful and relevant song, by an artist who also is unable to see these forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2018