Indy recommendations in the metro area

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by SpacePirate, Aug 26, 2020.

1. SpacePirate

SpacePirate Member

hey all,

New to subarus, came from bmw and had a great indy for all the time that car spent in the shop. Looking for indy recommendations for general maintenance and/or repairs. '19 sti

Thanks in advance

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Welcome!

JM Automotive in Osseo! They are Subaru specific, have a great team of guys, and have a dyno for in house tuning.
    https://www.jmautomn.com/

-Josh

Nic Wiederhold, SpacePirate and euro like this.
  3. minnesotanice

minnesotanice Well-Known Member

^^Agreed. You'll find that most people in here are pretty partial to JM Auto and for good reason. They are well worth the drive if you don't live near. Otherwise I have heard a number of good things about RS Motors, although they are a little more popular and a bit more difficult to get in with.

SpacePirate likes this.
  4. SpacePirate

SpacePirate Member

I spoke with JM actually on the phone regarding tuning and they were super helpful and professional. I guess I just assumed they were more of a specialty/ performance shop. Not for everyday maintenance things like breaks, oil exc.

5. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

David Wray Automotive out in Buffalo, too.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  6. tangledupinblu

I’ve had brakes and trans/diff fluids done there. I’ve also had a motor swap and tune done there as well. Jesse and the fellas are great to work with!

If you are even remotely close to Buffalo, MN. I would second Chux with David Wray Auto. You can get anything done there! Mike Wray rebuilt my transmission for me in my WRX. They do a ton of general maintenance items as well.

SpacePirate likes this.
  7. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Woody's Garage in Ham Lake/Blaine as well. Super nice guy and loves working on Subaru's.

SpacePirate likes this.
  8. SpacePirate

SpacePirate Member

Nice. I'm in the S. Minneapolis/Richfield area but don't mind driving. I went about 20/30min out for my last shop. If the work is good and honest the trip(s) are definitely worth it imo.

9. tangledupinblu

It is both of those things:thumbup: