Ingress

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WRX1, Jan 19, 2013.

1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Is anyone playing Ingress?? I finally got my invite and I need to select a side. This could be a cool way to get out and about in the cities taking over portals. Let me know if you play and what side you are on.

Russ

2. Jerf

Jerf Well-Known Member

I had to google this and I must say it looks interesting and possibly fun, however It seems time consuming and I'm an Iphone guy.

3. ejholmgren

ejholmgren Member

I played for a couple of days, and then I got too weirded out by pulling into empty parking lots to hack portals (public libraries, etc).

4. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

I signed up for an invite. Not exactly sure what it is though. Looks interesting.

5. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

No invite yet. This would be a ton of fun if you are a delivery driver or something like that. I plan to play a lot this summer (assuming I ever get an invite code).

6. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

I chose to be part of the Resistance

7. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

I've heard about this, and with my constant travelling, I may have to join in. Especially for the long distance odd location type stuff.

8. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Hmmmm...

9. readymix

Waiting on my invite. But yeah, if this works how I think it does, there are a **** ton of landmarks in the UP and north shore Wisconsin that I can tag.

10. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Any excuse to hit the roads around the UP is ok in my book.

LawnMaster likes this.
  11. Ryan

Ryan Sled drifting master

I'm enlightened. I've played a lot for the first 2 weeks, now I've stopped. I'm waiting till spring. I was wasting way to much gas driving around. I'm going to make it a biking adventure game come spring.

12. pksublime

pksublime Well-Known Member

I finally activated my invite, but haven't chosen a faction yet.

13. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I am going to do enlightened. I just need to have some extra time to actually get playing. There is a pretty good resistance clan working through St. Paul, so you know you will always have some competition. I have read that people are changing over because their group dominates so much that you can not level up. So I figure that I can join the enlightened and will have a pretty good faction to compete against without working myself into a hole. Hopefully this weekend I will get a chance to start moving forward.

Russ

14. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Ok, I chose Enlightened. There is actually a good number of portals in my area, so I have a nice place to work. There is also some larger resistance areas around me, so I know I will always have competition. I have already have met a enemy at the oakdale post office portal. I have even found a couple of newb portals that I need to go take over tomorrow.

So if anyone is on the enlightened side and wants to go out and mess around, let me know.

Russ

15. pksublime

well i'm game, and when we get keys to some high level portals we can trade and link champlin to oakdale - just need to find a lakeville guy and we'll have a huge control field

16. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Looks like this is going to be a WHOLE BUNCH of work. It looks like everyone decided the east side was a easy target to level up, so all my out of the way places that were not getting hit are all level 2 &3 portals now. About all I can do now is go out and hack portals on my way home for a while and gain some AP. We might want to try and get a couple 2-3-4 people together to go out for a afternoon and do some portal hacking and some small damage to some of the weaker portals. I think going this whole thing alone is going to be a tough road.

Russ

Aegis likes this.
  17. pksublime

yep, the point of the game is to combine forces. unfortunately everyone i know that plays is really spread out

hmm, we could do a lot of damage on the LAX cruise though.....

18. readymix

I got my code. I haven't had a chance to really start yet, but today I have to drive to Appleton, Wi. And Thursday I'll be up in the U.P. And I know that next week I'll be in OshKosh, WI and Appleton again at a different location.

19. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

This looks tempting. I put around 150-200 miles on my company vehicle each day around the north side of the cities. Not available on Iphone though? Guess I'm going to have to wait.

20. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Yep. I have 5-6 portals that I hack every day on my way home since that is really all I can currently do. Since it takes 5 min before you can hack a portal again, I basically drive up, hack the portal, then drive away. Hopefully I get some portal keys and a few other items. Otherwise I just gain the AP. Now in a group, we can spend a bit more time while everyone hack away and maybe get 2-3-4 shots at a portal before we move on.

Like I posted above, you are really only going to be able to hack portals on the trip. If you can find some weak portals or something really off the beaten path, you might be able to claim the portal. Main problem is that if you are not going past them very often, all you really gain out of them is the AP and the goodies received for trying to hack them. But if you go past 10-20-30 ports in a trip, and 100AP each, it will definitely help you level up.

Russ

21. FFE

FFE Member

Just want to say thanks alot

Took about a month or so to get my invite. And now I'm hooked.
    I took the side of the Resistance in Mankato, mainly due to a over run of enlightened.
    Little did I know I would run in to a L8 in Mankato and I would be level 5 in 3 weeks without really leaving town.....

LawnMaster likes this.
  22. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Back to the top with this.

I have started getting back into playing again. So we might have to try and get a small group together to go out and hack some portals. I also have a few invites to dish out if someone wants to give it a try.

Russ

23. FFE

FFE Member

Well you picked a heck of a return date. If your looking for some quick ap, and meeting other players look up the anomaly that is happening in the cities this weekend :)

24. pksublime

damn i've been playing a bunch, but did see anything on that - darn

25. FFE

FFE Member

Yah I wasn't able to make it this time :-\

Oh well so whats everyones game name and level?
    Name:Jupitor
    Level: L8

26. pksublime

pksulbime L1 - but close to 2

27. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Look at me, being a thread digger.

So, because some people around here got me to play Pokemon Go, I joined a local community for that game and one of the guys there convinced me to play Ingress (because of the Aegis shield)

I'm an Enl lvl 8, almost 9, playing St Paul and and other eastern suburbs, also downtown mpls. Would be cool if anyone else is still playing nearby and we can join forces. What do you say, hmmm maybe @WRX1 ? :p