ISO 04/05 blob eye bumper headlights interior stuff

Discussion in 'Want To Buy : Cars/Parts' started by Butthau5, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Butthau5

Butthau5 Well-Known Member

Car I just bought has a hole smashed in the front bumper from someone backing into it.needs new. Also looking for clean blob eye front headlights these ones are pretty foggy. And I still need to research it but with the 5mt swap I probably need some trim pieces for the shifter, maybe a cluster I dunno. Don't think it matters but it's a sedan.

2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Post a pic of the headlights. Foggy how so? Inside? Outside?

Butthau5 likes this.
  3. Butthau5

It's on the outside. I guess cloudy would be a better word. I know I could clean it up and get decent results. Feeling lazy about it though haha.
    I'll grab some pics tomorrow when I can move some cars around for a photo op lol.

4. Butthau5

I'll save the photo op for later. Herenitnis Screenshot_20210323-141059_Gallery.jpg

5. euro

euro Well-Known Member

Those could polish out. My 05 obs ones were that bad until i polished and had them clearcoated

6. Butthau5

Yeah I did that to my bugeye and it worked pretty well I guess I better try before I buy some lol.

tangledupinblu and euro like this.
  7. tangledupinblu

That will definitely buff out for $20 on a kit and three beers worth of time. When I did my bugeye headlights it took me 5 hours....but I went all ocd on them. I strongly recommend clear bra material over them after you do. Mine looked just as good 6 years later! For $60 for both headlights, it was well worth it! Chris at FlawlessFrontEnds did mine.

euro and Butthau5 like this.
  8. Butthau5

What did you use to polish em? In the past I just sanded the old clear coat off and put on a new coat. It worked okay, the first time I did I got a little too trigger happy and there was really bad crazing but after i got it all off and tried again it turned out pretty good.

9. tangledupinblu

The Mothers or Meguiers headlight restoration kits work really well fwiw

10. Butthau5

I heard the kits don't last I'm guessing that's because people who say that don't put a new clear coat on?

euro and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  11. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Correct. If I take the time to clean mine up again I'm definitely gonna have them protected in some fashion.

12. euro

euro Well-Known Member

I used the 3m kit and 3m clearcoat afterward. The kits technically weren't designed with clearcoat in mind

Butthau5 likes this.
  13. pleiades

pleiades Well-Known Member

Sanding and/or buffing the lenses out should work fine, and usually does unless the plastic has stress cracks in it. There's a UV-protective coating on the lens that you'd have to reapply (like the 3M clear coat) if you want it to last, otherwise you'll end up having to polish them out again every few months or so.

Butthau5 likes this.