ISO running vehicle $3000 budget

Discussion in 'Want To Buy : Cars/Parts' started by Butthau5, May 11, 2021.

1. Butthau5

Butthau5 Well-Known Member

This post is for my cousin. His car's transmission bit the dust and he doesn't have time to let me fix it. (Nor do I want to, it's a POS kia optima)
    He's looking for a decent running vehicle, his budget is $3000. He would be thrilled to have a Subaru but is not necessary. He's not what you call a car guy but he can drive stick. Show me what you got. Preferably near the twin cities but if you got something decent I won't mind driving for it.
    Also if flipping cars is your thing this kia is worth something if it gets the attention it needs. Which according to the shop he brought it to is just a new trans. I offered to help him fix it but he wasn't interested. I also thought about buying it and flipping it myself but I can hardly find the time to fix my own cars so that's probably not a good idea for me.

2. euro

euro Well-Known Member

Not going to find much right now for $3000. Even the 2012 veloster i originally sold to my brother-in-law before he somehow blew the engine was around $5000-7500.

I would honestly tell him to start calling dealerships for their trade-ins. Chip shortage hasn't been helping.

Butthau5 likes this.
  3. Butthau5

Butthau5 Well-Known Member

It doesn't have to be pretty either lol

euro likes this.