It's been fun MN, but I'm moving out...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TMF, Apr 2, 2018.

1. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

I've been back in Minnesota for almost 8 years (I grew up in southeast MN but went to college in Illinois), and when I moved back in 2010, one of the first ways that I met new people in the twin cities was by going to Tuesday night meets at Lake Calhoun. Since then, via MNSubaru, I've met lots of great new people (virtually and in the flesh), been on some epic cruises, created a huge network of car people, and made some life-long friends. It's been fun and entertaining to say the least!

However, my wife recently took a promotion with her company at their corporate office, which requires a relocation to Columbus, Ohio. Fortunately, Ohio is still in my territory for work, and I can work from home...therefore we're making the jump and moving to Ohio.

Although Ohio wouldn't be my first choice of places to live, it's definitely not the last. Fortunately there are a ton of autox events there, and Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course is only an hour away. The NASA time trial dates are already on my calendar :) We're also buying a house, and I finally get the 3 car garage that I've been wanting :D

That said, I will definitely miss my Minnesota peeps! I'm sure I'll still be around on the forum, but obviously very unlikely that I'll be attending any events or seeing ya'll around. I'm also not looking forward to finding a new tint guy, a new detailer, a new Subaru dealer with a great discount, the great local Subaru repair shop, etc, etc, but the Central Ohio Subaru group has been fairly welcoming already.

Should you ever find yourself in Columbus, Ohio, hit me up...I'm always down to grab a beer and talk cars!

-Jordan

jubella2, Aegis, Jerf and 5 others like this.
  2. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

Safe travels and best of luck in your new state!

3. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Hey, I'm from Come-blow-us Ohio. Where abouts are you moving to in the metro?

4. 02subbieRS

02subbieRS Well-Known Member

Sad to see you go but safe travels and good luck on your journey!

5. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Ha, no kidding. You'll probably judge, but we found a house in New Albany. It's right off of Morse road and basically right in between New Albany and Gahanna. It's close to my wife's office, close to the airport, and the house checked all of the boxes.

6. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Congratulations Jordan! Good luck to you out there and make sure to post pictures of the garage!!(and the house too if you want)lol

TMF likes this.
  7. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Nope, wont judge. Because I was over off of Livingston Ave and Hamilton Rd area, by Walnut Ridge HS. And that area became a total ****hole. Gahanna is relatively nice, to be honest.

8. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Bye Felicia.

tehfuzz likes this.
  9. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Grats on the new situation though!

tehfuzz and TMF like this.
  10. glen

glen Well-Known Member

See you at Mid-Ohio in September? (or Road America in May?)

TMF likes this.
  11. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Thanks! And I have to do some work to get the garage where I want it, but I will post pics :)
    Yea, from what I'm gathering, New Albany is kind of the Edina/Minnetonka/nameyoursnobbysuburb of Columbus. But we love the house, the neighborhood is nice, and the location works well. We already found an awesome brewery in Gahanna - Pigskin Brewing. Great beer list and food...I have a feeling we will be frequenting that place.
    That's the plan! I'm trying to convince the team to come down for Mid-Ohio, but if they don't come down, I'll be looking for a seat to rent. Ahem, if you need a driver, let me know. I'd be open to offering up housing as part of the deal since we'll have 2 guest bedrooms (3 if you count our "bonus room") and we're only an hour from the track.

As for Road America in May, that one is off the list unfortunately. The new chassis isn't done yet (although we're close) and there's only 1 track day at BIR prior to the event. We're looking at adding other events during the year at BIR or Road America though.

12. glen

glen Well-Known Member

I didn't think you'd be making RA, new car looks like it's going to be awesome though.
    We're going to try to do BIR and Mid-O with only a two week turnaround so I might need a driver.

TMF likes this.