JM Automotive- reintroduction

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by jmyhre05, Jan 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. jmyhre05

jmyhre05 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    many of you may know me, or our company, JM Automotive. We specialize in Subaru repair, diagnostic, modifications, tuning, parts sales, engine building... pretty much anything you can name with Subaru. We used to do some used car sales but have since kind of gotten away from that and began focusing on everything else. We still offer inspections for people looking at purchasing from a dealer or private party.

You can see some of our work as well as a lot of good Subaru information on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/jmautomn
    we keep our customers work private unless given permission, so a lot of our work is kept in house but you get a good idea from our Facebook page!

That is also one of the easiest ways to get a hold of us with the Facebook messenger. You can learn a little more about us by also visiting our website at www.jmautomn.com

If anybody has any questions/needs feel free to give us a shout or stop in during business hours!

We are typically by appointment unless a vehicle is getting dropped off, and sometimes a day or 2 booked out. But one thing we specialize in is convenience. By appointment we have clutch jobs, timing belt services, and other larger services done same day. We also keep different stages of blue print assembled built shortblocks in stock ready and assembled along with rebuilt heads (b25, d25, v25, s20, plus sohc) on the shelf ready to go so no wait on machine shop turn around time.

Here is some more information on a couple of our staged builds, though we can customize an engine build of your choice as well!
    http://www.jmautomn.com/engine-builds/

We also have our brand new Dyno Dynamics dynotech dyno on order and will be here and set up/running in about a months time.

We have 3 full time techs and a service writer, if there is anything we can do for you please contact us and we will give our full effort.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  2. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

JMA is an awesome place to get work done on any Subaru! Always a great experience working with Jesse and the guys! If you haven't been, give them a shot. :)

A couple of pics of the refreshed motor and 2.5ybrid swap at JMA awhile back!
    IMG_4897.JPG IMG_4898.JPG

jmyhre05 likes this.
  3. jmyhre05

I like seeing old pictures, it's amazing how much the shop has grown over time. Thanks for the kind words Josh! I need to try to be more active on this forum, there are so many great members here! Just have been too busy with everything.

4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

I'm sure that it looks alot different since i've been there too! I need to chat with you about some stuff sometime soon, :).

jmyhre05 likes this.
  5. Navar Hren

Navar Hren Active Member

+1 For solid service and a great deal on my new (to me) OBXT!

jmyhre05 and tangledupinblu like this.
  6. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

Did I miss a post with pics somewhere about new to you OBXT? And the requisite follow up thread-"Parts wanted for OBXT" ;)

7. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Yes, but only because you're not on Facebook. Haha.

8. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Dyno day?

9. SlowSC

SlowSC Well-Known Member

+1 for honesty and great service at JM Auto! They saved my STI when I thought it was toast and I also picked up a nice Forester from there that is my solid DD. Awesome to hear that you guys are getting a dyno!

10. jmyhre05

Yes Sheen, once everything calms down we will have to do a customer appreciation day/dyno day!

11. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Sweet! Def wasn't thinking Winter/Spring. Too busy hiber-bating.

tehfuzz, jmyhre05 and tangledupinblu like this.
  12. jmyhre05

A LITTLE UPDATE AT THE SHOP:

DYNO:

This week we are proud to announce that our dyno has arrived and is up and running! We have kept it under wraps as we got fluent with strapping cars down and using the software. Though a couple customers have heard it when they stopped by, there was no hiding that noise!

We are now strictly doing dyno tunes and have some availability as early as next week. Call, message, or email to schedule a dyno tune. Our tune times are 8am and 1pm every weekday.

SHOP CAR:

We had a tuning session today on our shop car and had some positive results with our first session. We know we have plenty more to gain but with a dyno dynamics dyno (heartbreaker) we are happy with our first session. Results pictured below, these are 4TH GEAR pulls with 35 psi. Next session we plan to gain a little bit more at 35psi before we finalize her at 40 psi for the race season! We also supplied the shoot out numbers to compare with the commonly used dyno jet numbers out there.
    IMG_3421.png Jesse 674.jpg jesse 602.jpg
    SUMMARY:

First of all like our Facebook page and follow some of our builds, then if you need anything related to Subaru give us a call, message on Facebook or email through our website. From simple diagnostic, oil change/inspection, maintenance to full engine builds and performance/race car builds!

www.jmautomn.com
    www.facebook.com/jmautomn

We also have experience with other imports like Evolutions, Mazdaspeeds, and others!

We are not yet Cobb tuners, but are in talks and hopefully in the coming weeks will become Cobb tuners.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2017
    idget, ocie, minnesotanice and 3 others like this.
  13. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

You're not a Cobb tuner yet, but are a Cobb seller, correct? Possibly looking to snag an AP for my SJ FXT.

14. jmyhre05

Correct, we have V3s in stock if you need one let us know

15. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

I may do that, I am assuming list price is the same as every other Cobb dealer in the universe?

16. jmyhre05

Yep, that is correct. We price match any advertised price online for all the parts we sell, and are vendor's of nearly every company out there as well.

17. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Congrats on the dyno setup. Bummed to have missed out on an affordable street tune, tho.

18. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

Congrats! Glad to see you finally got it after waiting so long!! Keep up the great work guys!

19. jmyhre05

2.6 stroker JM built closed deck
    Precision gen 2 6466
    Fobia fab rotated kit (FTW)
    670 whp dyno dynamics
    675 torque
    750 whp shoot out (dyno jet)
    39 lbs of boost
    IMG_5920.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2017
  20. derp

derp Well-Known Member

How does the pricing for a dyno tune compare with your old street tune pricing?

klutz likes this.
  21. jmyhre05

Street tunes used to be 200 for most cars, now we are at 300 for most cars

22. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Thanks

23. jmyhre05

We are pleased to announce our approval by COBB Tuning on our Cobb Pro Tuner application! We are now able to tune accessports on Subaru's and Mazdaspeed 3/6's. We are currently 2 days out on having the software so are starting to book mid to late next week for accessport tunes. Message us on our page or call us to schedule your dyno tune today!

Thanks to all of our customers for supporting us through this time and being patient on this process of becoming pro tuners, without you we wouldn't be who we are today.

THANKS!
    -JM CREW

24. ocie

ocie Well-Known Member

Awesome news guys, congrats!

klutz likes this.
  25. 92x Aero AT

92x Aero AT Active Member

Well done!