June bug rallyX June 16

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Tim the Plumber, May 30, 2013.

1. Tim the Plumber

Tim the Plumber Well-Known Member

Are you ready to get down and dirty? It's been two years, but we're heading back to the Isanti County Fairgrounds! Located in Cambridge, this site has been good to us in the past, with a nice tacky clay surface, on-site bathrooms, grandstand bleachers, and even an announcer's booth to keep you informed on who's racing and what's happening (and who's taking extra laps by mistake ***cough**Brent**cough**). The best thing is that they have flattened out the middle section where there use to be a moto-x park, which will allow us much more area to plan an awesome course!
    WHAT IS RALLYCROSS?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCCA_RallyCross

Here's more info (from an old thread by Amy Springer - ScandiaWRX) in case you're new to the sport:

If you want to be the next Travis Pastrana, but didn't happen to find his wallet or car keys at the X-Games, RallyCross is a much less expensive, fun and fairly safe, way to build your car control skills in the dirt. I enjoy the low key nature of our local events and I love watching other drivers display their driving skills. I'm often left wondering, "How did he do that?"

A RallyCross is similar to an AutoCross or Solo event, cars are timed through a twisty course made up of cones. But instead of being run on asphalt, in RallyCross we do it in the dirt! One at a time . Courses are designed so that speeds should not exceed 40 mph. Another difference is in most Solo events your fastest time of the day is your score. In RallyCross competitors are scored on the total of multiple runs. RallyCross classes are tailored according to number of driven wheels, engine capability and the style of tires mounted.

Fully caged ice racers, and of course, Subarus. Many events are run in farm fields, and most RallyCross is fairly safe for your car, with an occassional popped tire bead. But, as with all racing, if you can't afford to break it, don't race it.

Uh, you'll probably need a car wash when your done. But its only dirt!

Come check out RallyCross. You won't be disappointed!

WHO CAN COMPETE?

Most people use their daily drivers with snow tires, but all-season tires work too and have gotten people on the podium. Cars range from a stock Ford Focus to a heavily modified Subaru Impreza ready for stage rally and everything in between.

SCHEDULE:
    9:00AM – REGISTRATION AND TECH OPEN
    10:00AM- REGISTRATION CLOSES
    10:15AM- DRIVERS MEETING
    10:30AM- RUNS START
    We will break for lunch around noon
    ~5:00PM - Awards

3101 Minnesota 95
    Cambridge, MN 55008

FROM Highway 65

GO PAST THE FAIRGROUNDS and take a left onto County Road 2 (Stark Road NE).

Head north on County Road 2 less than 1/4 mile and you will see a newly paved road on the left. There should be a sign at the corner "FAIRGROUNDS PIT ENTRANCE"

FROM Highway 35

Take North Branch Exit. Head West on Highway 95.

Drive approximately 10 miles until you see County Road 2 (Stark Road NE) on your right.

Head north on County Road 2 less than 1/4 mile and you will see a newly paved road on the left. There should be a sign at the corner "FAIRGROUNDS PIT ENTRANCE"

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GET THROUGH THE MAIN FAIRGROUND GATES. YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET TO THE PIT AREA.

All competitors are urged to register and pre-pay no later than 5PM on the Friday leading to the event. There must be a minimum of 15 PAID registrants before the registration deadline or the event will be cancelled. Payment transactions will not take place until the event is confirmed on Friday so if the event gets canceled, you keep your money.

Fees:
    Online Entry Fee: $45.00
    Day of Entry Fee: $55.00
    Weekend SCCA Membership: $15.00
    (The weekend membership can be used as a $15 discount on a full SCCA membership)

Driver must have either a full SCCA membership or weekend SCCA membership to compete.

To register and Pay:
    http://msreg.us/JuneBugRallyX2013

RULES:
    All competitors and spectators must sign the official SCCA Waiver of Liability.
    All minors present must have a minor waiver filled out. Form can be downloaded, printed in color and filled here: http://www.scca-lol.org/rally/rallyx/rxinfo.php
    All competitors MUST work the course as a condition of event entry.
    All competitors must have an FRS Radio, radios cannot be shared between competitors.
    All competitors must have a Snell/M2000 or newer helmet. Loaner helmets are available but the quantity is limited.
    Passengers will be allowed if waivered and wearing an approved helmet.
    See official rules here: http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/assets/2012 RallyCross Rules-revised.pdf

Cars will be checked for the following items, please make sure your car passes all the listed items before the event.
    ·All loose items, inside and outside the car (including the trunk and storage areas) removed
    ·Snap‐on hub caps and other detachable accessories (e.g. fender skirts, trim rings) removed
    ·Convertible, targa or t‐top vehicles must have their factory hard top panels securely in place
    ·Lug nuts tight, correctly installed, none missing
    ·Tires in good condition (no cords or belts showing, no cracks, etc.)
    ·Seat belt(s) present and properly attached
    ·Positive throttle return
    ·No excessive leaks (engine running)
    ·No “spinner knobs”
    ·Brakes in proper working order
    ·Wheel bearings, steering and suspension in good working order
    ·Battery tightly secured, positive terminal insulated
    ·Helmet rated Snell SA2000/M2000 (or newer), BS 6658‐85 type AF/R or SFI 31.1
    ·Passed sound
    ·FRS Radio (Channel 8-0)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  2. glen

glen Well-Known Member

Did this get rescheduled, I thought it was on the 22nd?

Your motorsportreg link is for the May event, and I don't see a June event on their site.

3. Tim the Plumber

That's my fault I copied and pasted this from the last one I need to update the link. Check back in a bit should get it updated.

4. glen

glen Well-Known Member

Damn, I wanted to do some RallyX this year, schedule has been tough.

March - Cancelled
    April - Too close to PDX
    May - Mother's Day
    June - Father's Day
    July - Too close to PDX
    August - ?
    September - ?
    October - Too close to PDX
    November - ?

5. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

two days before my birthday! woopah! cant wait!

6. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

7. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

8. Tim the Plumber

thanks for opening the link jesse, I updated the original post with the correct link

9. Tim the Plumber

10. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

Bump for being only a week away! Let's get signed up so you can try to beat those pesky fwd cars again.

11. Nevorally

Nevorally Member

Is there anyone who could share their car with me for this event? I wasn't able to buy a car in time.

12. Ctracey218

Ctracey218 Playpen Wrangler Staff Member

Shoot a PM to ylime on the forums! There is still time!!!!!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  13. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

haha there is still time thanks Chris! I wont be there sunday as its my birthday party the night before and I am pretty sure I will be sleeping in.

14. Ctracey218

Ctracey218 Playpen Wrangler Staff Member

I was trying to get that guy to buy your car!!!

Send him a PM so you can get extra money for extra partying!!!

Ylime likes this.
  15. Ylime

Ylime Well-Known Member

I got a line on someone else but if that falls though I will send dustin a message.

16. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

9 entries so far. 6 more by 5:00 PM tomorrow and it's on! We know it's on Father's Day (due to scheduling conflicts with the site), but what else would be a better present then to give him the gift of pure adrenaline!

17. J.Rex

J.Rex Well-Known Member

Need 5 more people in the next 2 and a half hours, don't make Brian have to bring all the cones back to the trailer while they're still clean.

18. Tim the Plumber

and its official the event has been canceled due to to few entries. Everyone have a great fathers day weekend and see you in July for the 2 DAY national !!!