Lake Cynthia event Feb. 6th

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by AWD 101, Jan 28, 2005.

1. AWD 101

AWD 101 Well-Known Member

For those that missed out on the 23rd, registration opened earlier this week for the 6th. The last one filled up within a week, so don't put it off if you're interested... :)
    http://www.glacierlakesqclub.com/
    Assuming I get a confirmation, I'll be there again with the WRX, hopefully spending less time in the snow banks this time out...
    Happy scoobing!

2. Scidmark

Scidmark New Member

aww mannnn.... i have to work all day on the sixth that sucks... Is there more later on? Can you just use the skid pad/ and would it be cheaper? Can I use my Proxes tires there or will I end up in the snow banks?

3. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

}:) must beat evo with beater!

4. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

is this event free for spectators to watch??

5. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Bah, I need that radiator...looks like I am going to miss out on all the fun this year :(

6. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

its free to watch. I went last year but dunno about this year.

7. rallywrx

rallywrx New Member

I'll be there, if there is any openings. I'll be driving either a nx2000 or a Saturn rally car. Hope to see you there AWD101.

8. rallywrx

rallywrx New Member

Is this event still on, I haven't seen anything official.

9. AWD 101

received 9:44pm:
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">ICE DRIVING EVENT- CANCELED

Following a personal inspection of the conditions at Lake Cynthia this afternoon, I came to the conclusion that it was not possible to have the Ice Driving Event tomorrow. Hopefully we will have better conditions in two weeks for the next event.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    So looks like we'll have to wait for another cold snap... :( Much as I've loved the warm weather, it would've been nice to see ya out there rallywrx and everyone else.
    AspitFire - yeah, just show up... they usually have loaner helmets if you want to ride along, though I'm not 100% sure on their policy on riders, but they usually just charge drivers. You might have to sign a waiver though.
    rallywrx - maybe see ya at the next one? I'm looking forward to seeing the Nissan show off a bit, or the rally car for that matter :cool:

10. rallywrx

rallywrx New Member

Next event is the rallyx on the 13th if the conditions are good. I haven't decided what car or class I'm going to run this year.

11. Gspot

Gspot New Member

Can you let me know the details on the next couple rallyxs. When and where? I'd like to do a snow event.

12. AWD 101

First LOL SCCA rallycross of the season next weekend, Feb. 13th in Rochester:
    http://specialstage.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=241&topic_id=3148&mesg_id=3148&page=
    (probably on the SCCA pages too) [edit: just noticed this on the specialstage forum post i linked to: "because of the weather please be aware that I MIGHT cancel the Rally Cross, do to poor ground conditions, I will keep everyone updated . I and matt want to put on a great rally cross and to do so we want the best ground conditions we can give you. like i said i will keep everyone informed." so watch that forum if you're considering it.]

check this thread: http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1453
    BMWCCA Winter Driving school, also Feb 13th. I really put off registering for this one so I'm not sure if I'll be there or at the rallyx. It's in Rosemount, here's a map: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=Rosemount&state=MN&address=1300+145th+Street+East&zoom=6

next (last?) quattro club ice event, assuming there's enough ice, is the 20th of February on lake Cynthia, a lazy hour drive south of the twin cities. http://www.glacierlakesqclub.com/ [edit: make sure to get a good map to the lake. I got lost last time down so it took a little longer.]

That's all I know of off hand. who knows what the weather will bring :)