Launching....

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by TeamMNS, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeamMNS

TeamMNS New Member

I need know what you guys think about this. What rpm do you all think is the best for launching a wrx?

I have heard 4000rpm is best and I have also heard 5500 rpm. Let me know how you feel about this.

2. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

What I've tried is get the RPM to 3k-4k range and slowly ease it off as I give it gas. Others whose into Drag racing will be able to give you a better account.

3. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

5500 with the slip of the clutch. no clutch dumping eigther. thats a no no. you have to let the turbo kind of spool a little before you let loose. once you feel the car slow move then lightly let of the cluth into full open throttle. if you do it rite, your car will pull to the left or right then launch foward. or if you let me show you then its alot easier. then agian, wrx trannies arent made to to have that much beating on it. i did pull off 1.7 60' though.

4. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

redline, dump clutch and have some money prepared.....:D j/k. I've done 4k launch on fuji's L wagon, slip it to get going then just dump it.

5. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LVT

redline, dump clutch and have some money prepared.....:D j/k. I've done 4k launch on fuji's L wagon, slip it to get going then just dump it.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No wonder his clutch ran out so fast... that's why he was all pissy about you driving his car LOL.

6. 1SIKWRX

1SIKWRX New Member

of all the posts i read on all the suby forums, launch with slipping involved. i always let it slips. its not like no hondas/acuras where u can just dump the clutch.

7. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

Actually I have dumped the clutch at 5500 before (It was too tempting!.) From then on it was 5500 slip only. :cool:

8. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

dumping the clutch lags the car then it goes. and no. dumping clutch on honda's are bad too. you must controll how much tire spin or you lose time. then again if you have slicks then its sort of a different story.

9. TeamMNS

TeamMNS New Member

I have notice if you dump the clutch on a wrx at 4500rpm there is a hugh lag before the car gets going.

10. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

I slip at 4k. Slipping too high will burn the clutch and you lose some clutch grip. That's due to the clutch heating up and getting too hot. Hot clutch has no grip. Too cold has no grip. It must be warm. I've noticed that it doesn't jump forward as hard when I get TOO much slip about 5k because the clutch burned hot.

11. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by LVT

No wonder his clutch ran out so fast... that's why he was all pissy about you driving his car LOL.

LoL, he does the same thing so it's not all on me. :p

12. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Basically, I will put my car in netral and rev it up to about 5000 rpm or some and press on the brake pedal as hard as I can to vac lock that brakes. Then I put it in drive and mash the gas. I can usually get about 16-18psi before I start to overpower the brakes, them I release the brake pedal and smoke all 4 tires. Of course, this only works on some cars.;)

Russ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.