Left rear window to fit 1999 BG Legacy Outback

Discussion in 'Want To Buy : Cars/Parts' started by JonO, May 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. JonO

JonO Member

Hey all,

I'm looking for driver's side rear passenger door GLASS for my 1999 Legacy Outback Wagon. I'd very much prefer it to have the original blue "Subaru security system" sticker (or whatever that sticker says) on it, as I feel the OEM glass is better quality than what's available aftermarket.

If I had to buy a whole door just to get the glass I am certainly willing to, but would prefer bare glass.

Can pick up in MPLS/StP, meet or come to you. I'm available at Saint Paul College M-Th, if that's convenient.

- Jon

2. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

Check Upull inventory?

3. JonO

JonO Member

Certainly, just exploring all of my options. There are some CL parts cars too. I have the trans out of my car right now so I can't just head over to Upull; would love to find someone to meet me at school in Saint Paul

4. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

I think I have one, but I need to check.

tangledupinblu and JonO like this.
  5. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

95-99 Legacy/Outback wagon will fit (FYI, sedan doors will fit, but the roof line is different to the glass is shaped differently). Don't get too hung up on that security system sticker, only the cars that got the accessory security system upgrade have it.

JonO likes this.
  6. JonO

JonO Member

Ooo, thanks for the clarification. I was thinking they were the same, but I guess that was wishful. And thanks again — that makes sense. So is there actually any way to ascertain whether the glass is OEM or not? And is my thinking of OEM = better even correct?

7. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Just make sure you get it from a year other than 99, as that was the bad year that was known to have weak rear window glass. So bad it was rumored to spontaneously destroy itself.

pillboy, JonO and tangledupinblu like this.
  8. JonO

JonO Member

Ok whew

9. TheCocaColaMan

TheCocaColaMan Well-Known Member

Car-parts.com will have what your looking for.

silver03 likes this.
  10. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen aftermarket side glass. If it were me, I wouldn't worry about it. I'd go to Upull, and grab the first one that I saw....

silver03 and tangledupinblu like this.
  11. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Unless it has the "Subaru Security System" sticker...that glass was the system itself...bulletproof.

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  12. Terry Ammerman

Terry Ammerman Well-Known Member

tangledupinblu likes this.
  13. Das Ninjabot

Das Ninjabot Well-Known Member

I believe that I have the glass you're looking for. I bought a rear door for my sedan but it was off of a wagon. I believe it was a '97 but I'm not 100% sure. I'll be tearing into it later this week/this weekend. I'll let you know what I figure out.

14. MinnesotaFTW

MinnesotaFTW Well-Known Member

I have a full set of silver '99 Legacy Outback doors. I plan on using them incase my current doors get messed up somehow but If you want to offer me PM me. I might cave if the offer (cash/parts) is right.