Let me re-introduce myself...

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by drac77, Jul 11, 2017.

1. drac77

drac77 Well-Known Member

side.jpg front.jpg Well the honeymoon is over. Made a decision and leased 2018 WRX Premium on 6/30 and traded in the STI. The STI was fun and what not but I know I will be buying the new one when it comes out in 3 years and I was at the halfway point in my payments. I figured why payoff a car I was not going to keep. My lease payment is almost 200 lower than my payment the difference which I will put in a new car down payment piggy bank. My insurance went down 300 a year too, so I got that going for me and that's nice. I was trying to get away from WR Blue but this car had all the right options checked off (STI short throw shifter with STI knob, Armrest extension, Cargo mat and all weather mats).
    So far I am loving the FA engine, a tad bit too revvy but since I am breaking it in I was able to achieve 31 mpg on a run to St. Paul the other day. The new clutch and revised syncros for 1st and 2nd gears have the car feeling very un-WRX like. Smooth as butter, like driving a different car altogether. The sound insulation is noticeable as I can carry a very normal conversation in the car. My STI catback will be transferred over when my plates come in and we'll see if that is still the case. My wife was very quick to comment on how well she could hear me on the phone while I'm driving. I added a OEM vortex generator and ordered mud flaps and already changed out all halogen lights for LED. Since it's a lease went with the cheaper Rokblokz even though they make me think of MNSubiez. Not much of a photo taker but will post a couple.

2. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

good call and congrats!

drac77 likes this.
  3. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

If it was MnSuBieZ you'd be cutting up a semi truck mudflap to make 4.