lifted 97 legacy 2.2 5spd $1900 OBO

Discussion in 'FS: Cars, Motorcycles, Boats' started by Squiggly, Feb 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

Selling my winter beater of the last couple years. I just picked up a new Impreza so it's time to let this go. The link below has pictures

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/5983489624.html

1997 Subaru Legacy 5 Spd 160k

This has been my winter car for the last two years. It's started every day and never let me down. In the two years I've owned it I have updated some parts and kept it up to date with service. The reason for sale is I'm updating to a new Impreza.

The good:

Great running ultra reliable 2.2 5spd Subaru. 15" aluminum Subaru wheels with Nokian winter tires that have a ton of rubber left. + 2 extra tires

-New Exedy clutch and flywheel installed at Morries Subaru. At the same time they did the rear main seal and a couple other oil seals that had little leaks. Fall 2016
    -New motor mounts installed by Subaru fall of 2016
    -New ball joints and tie rod ends installed by me fall of 2016, after installation Morries performed a 4 wheel alignment. Steering wheel is off center
    -New stoptech front brakes (pads and rotors) installed by me summer of 2016. Back brakes still have some good meat on the pads
    -2 new front axels installed by Morries Subaru fall of 2015
    -New vale cover gaskets installed by me summer 2015
    -New plugs and wires installed by me summer 2015
    -The timing belt isn't new but Subaru inspected it and said it looks great and was replaced by the PO at some point
    - Has an old aftermarket head unit, am/fm and cd. I replaced the two front door speakers, sounds ok..

The meh...

- As you can see the paint job isn't super professional. I did this in my garage ultimately to combat rust. The drivers side 1/4 had a 1" rust bubble starting so I sanded it down, created a hole and brought it to bare metal so it could be treated. I used por15 to fight the rust and then some por15 filler compound the fill the hole. It's not bondo but a really strong compound that bonds and creates a rock hard surface. After that the car was cleaned and the painted area was sanded before applying the rustoleum truck bed liner. The body has some dents, bruises and isn't in the best shape but it looks decent for what it is.
    - It's an old car, some of the bushings are worn out, the car is a little soft.
    - The shifter bushings are old, the shifter moves side to side a bit but it shifts good, goes in to gear and has no issues other than feeling sloppy
    - I swapped in forester suspension, springs and struts to lift it an extra 1.5" for snow clearance. The struts at this point all seem to be shot. It rides ok but can get a little springy on bumpy roads.
    -Minor exhaust leak from header flange
    -CEL, the o2 sensor is bad but it doesn't seem to matter. Runs great and gets 20+mpg
    -Rear wiper doesn't work, it's never bothered me

Ultimately this is a great running reliable car as is. I wouldn't hesitate to take it anywhere

$1900 obo hoping for a quick sale, need to free up space

Mike

tangledupinblu likes this.
  2. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

Someone make an offer, I need to buy a house!

3. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

1600 OBO

4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

GLWS ~! Looks like a solid wagon!

5. Squiggly

Squiggly Squiggly

SOLD

derp and tangledupinblu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.