login

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Front Office' started by 02blubru, Aug 30, 2008.

1. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

maybe I am dumb but I just logged out so I could log in as gearhead graphics and there was no sign in at the top of the forum page? any ideas why?

I am running firefox 3

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere BANNED

Sorry been out of the loop while on vacation.

3. prezawagon

prezawagon Well-Known Member

There seems to be some issues with firefox 3, the login is off the top of the page. On my machine I can just barely see the bottom of it. You can try clicking a link that requires you to log in, like posting a reply.

4. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

^^ thats what I have been doing. just kinda a pain. I was guessing it was firefox 3 but was not sure. thanks joel

5. Hallywood

Hallywood Well-Known Member

6. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Google Chrome has this same problem. Its annoying. Basically, its more than "JUST" Firefox.

7. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

I still have firefox 2. I won't be upgrading to the new one until a few revisions of it come out. I never ever EVER use 1st-gen software. Since ffox has upgraded to version 3, it's not better, it's still first gen of version 3.

Always wait a couple of months after software companies announce that they have new versions. You'll see less bugs that way (and if your old one is working fine and is just the way you like it, why bother to upgrade right away?)

8. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Security fixes.

9. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

:roll: alright. You can still afford to wait until the bugs are fixed, though.
    I'm not THAT terrified of the stupid script kiddies - you know, the only people who would give a damn about breaking into one's PC.

Oh, and whatever, that doesn't even matter, if you have NoScript for ffox, you don't get ads - at all, and you don't even get those dumb pop-ups that say "YOUR PC IS INFECTED" and then make you install spyware. I'd think that I'm safe to wait for my upgrade to ffox 3.

10. RallyImp05

RallyImp05 Well-Known Member

i am using google chrome. it worked for me.

11. Vector

Vector Rally Organizer

This probably isn't very tough to fix.

There is code in the HTML that positions the login, etc code at -8 pixels, absolute from the top. So it goes to -8 pixels. There's a bit of code to insert a 90pixel tall spacer, but only for IE. If the "If" statement was removed around that it might just fix it entirely. But I can't tell for sure, since I can't access the code directly.