Looking for some suspension work to be done

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by LASERBLUE135, Sep 7, 2020.

1. LASERBLUE135

LASERBLUE135 Well-Known Member

2006 wrx wagon (Saabaru version). On Raceland coil overs, everything else stock suspension wise as far as I know. Looking for someone to diagnose an odd noise and do suspension work based on recommendations. 75k miles, excellent condition Southern car. Makes a snapping (like a large rubber band) noise about 5 times when turning lock to lock when not moving. You can feel it through the steering wheel.
    After the noise I’d like to add some support to the coils. I’m thinking the full front and rear Whiteline kit.
    https://www.rallysportdirect.com/part/sway-bars/bsk007m-whiteline-front-and-rear-24mm-sway-bar-kit
    I’m looking to have any loose/warn items replaced to just tighten up the car.
    I’m ok as an errand man, but I’m 99% incapable of doing work myself. I’m happy to pay cash and help with what I can, trying to avoid $100+ hour labor costs. Thank you for your help and knowledge!!!

2. sneefy

sneefy Well-Known Member

lol

GrawvyRobber and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  3. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Textbook seized strut mount bearing

yep, that's why.

4. LASERBLUE135

I know they have a terrible reputation. They came with the car, so that’s what I’ve got.

5. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Sounds like it may be time to acquire some new struts and RCE lowering springs. ;)

Krazylegz1485 and LASERBLUE135 like this.
  6. LASERBLUE135

Are RCE rated better than others? I show they are discontinued for the wagon :(. Suspension has so many choices/options!

7. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

I know Swift makes some wagon specific springs. Pretty tame amount of drop as well.

LASERBLUE135 likes this.
  8. LASERBLUE135

So, if anyone is willing to do 4 corners spring/strut install plus front and rear Whiteline install PM me a price. Car is available 24/7. Thanks!