Looking to get into an STI

Discussion in 'Want To Buy : Cars/Parts' started by Zaisaroni, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Zaisaroni

Zaisaroni New Member

My names Jason, and I have a problem! I've got a 2006 GTI, and my heart is set on an STI for a few reasons.

As far as I can tell so far, the STI is damn near impossible to find used, even a good WRX is pretty rare. I'm ideally looking for an 04-06 STI to keep it around an even trade or sell/buy. Been reading around online on models, what to look for, what not to.

I have found a kid in Milwaukee on craigslist who is interested in a straight trade on an 04 STI, stock with a muffler swap or cat back, and some OZ ultraleggeras I see in the pictures. But If I can find something that's not 5 hours away and a reputable member, i'd be all over that.

I've been autocrossing with MAC for two years now in the GTI, probably have met a few of you there...

2. retreif

retreif Well-Known Member

Welcome! Check out (via pm) a gentleman here by the name of Goalie. He has a '05 for sale.

3. racecarcolin

racecarcolin New Member

I am looking to do the same thing!

-Colin

4. putz

putz Well-Known Member

It is a good idea to make sure you are getting what you want.

You should allways make a check list, and make sure not to buy on impulse.

Be patiant and get what you want, do research and make sure you know what you want.

5. Zaisaroni

Zaisaroni New Member

I'd be good for a WRX too if it was in good condition. Just seems like they're as common as a unicorn around MN... :(

6. racecarcolin

racecarcolin New Member

right now I have a 2004 S60R and looking to get into a subaru. I love the sound of the motors.

-Colin

7. putz

putz Well-Known Member

http://www.mnsubaru.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34571

you may need to make a few more posts before you can view this.:biggrin:

the 06' and up wrx has a 2.5l block and the 06 has 4 pot calipers up front and 2 pots in the rear, not a bad set up.

8. TickTack

TickTack Well-Known Member

Hey man, stick with it. I just gave up my MKIV GTI for an '06 STi. I stumbled across it on the inventory lot (not cleaned/up for sale) at westside VW just last week. Before that, I had been furiously hunting for one; I was nearly set to drive to chicago. There was one at "Pursuit Auto Sales" that I liked (may still be there).

I made sure I knew exactly what I wanted and what I was looking for so that if something 'popped up', like it did, I could 'jump on it'.

Good luck! Don't settle for something you're not absolutely thrilled with!

(are you on eurowerks?)

9. goodbye

goodbye New Member

I'd be willing to look at some sort of trade with your Volvo and my '05 STi. We can take that offline if you're interested though, sorry about muddying up this thread.