Manual wagon, Impreza or outback sport.

Discussion in 'Want To Buy : Cars/Parts' started by Orbit, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Orbit

Orbit Member

Hey everyone this is my first post on MNSubaru and I am looking for a manual Subie wagon, preferably an Impreza or Outback Sport. I live in the city so I want the easy to park factor along with enough room for camping gear and the ability to make some road trips this summer with my girlfriend. Right now we have a 97 saturn sl manual on it's last leg. I hate to be the new guy that says "I dont know much about cars" but I am learning. I don't need a crazy racecar but I do want the ****er to pull and I have the money to buy myself something nice. I wouldn't mind putting in, or having some parts in it that would get me better gas mileage and make the car run more smoothly (or a little faster). I have a buddy who just bought a 95 Legacy GT from MNSubaru that is gonna help me pick something that suits me but I gotta see whats out there first!

I have 6-8k to spend but could go higher or lower if the right vehicle presented itself.

-Thanks for reading folks!

-Brian

2. bubba_crx

bubba_crx Well-Known Member

If I can find the right Forester XT or WRX wagon i'd be willing to sell my 99 OBS. Might not be for a bit though

Orbit likes this.
  3. Orbit

Orbit Member

How much do you want for it? Im thinking I want a car by May, June at the latest and it needs to be going for all summer at least, don't want to deal with maintenance issues as I am planning a few road trips already. If you could give me the rundown on your outback sport I will add it to my list at #1 since I literally just began looking for cars today.

4. KA-T_240

KA-T_240 Well-Known Member

I have an 05 Impreza Outback Sport that will be for sale soon, but it's an automatic. If you ever change your mind on that let me know.

Orbit likes this.
  5. Orbit

Orbit Member

Im open to suggestion! I'd like a manual but I really just want a strong car that will last me a while and make some road trips in the next few years, camping, festivals etc. and just a daily driver that I don't have to worry to much about breaking down. If you can give me some more specs and asking price I will certainly look into it.

6. bubba_crx

99 OBS, 5spd, 165k miles as of next week. Tein coilovers (pretty sure japanese market only ones, can not find any info on the model, came off my 99 STi wagon) great shape, rides and handles great. RS 5 spoke goldies with like new Potenza G009s, 02-04 Wrx wheels painted bright yellow (could easily be stripped off) with like new Nokian hakkapelita winter tires, wrx front seats, clarion 7" dual din, 2 way lcd compustar, newerish clutch. Runs/drives great, i take really good care of it. Will be getting an oil change (full synthetic) in the next week or two, will be getting tune up and new rear o2 when it warms up. Will be getting new tint when it warms up (professional, just waiting for the garage to be warm to scrape the old off before i bring it in). It's been my most favorite daily i've had, wintertime it has enough power but not too much. I just really have my eyes set on a 04 XT if i can find one i want.

7. Orbit

Orbit Member

Oh man this sounds really cool but it has many things that I dont need or want. DO NOT want tinted windows. Just not a fan and I don't want to get pulled over constantly on "suspicion" charges. Gold rims are a little too flashy for me as well. It seems like it has mant after market parts and I'm just wary of that because getting it fixed could cost more because of that, right? The wrx seats sound like racecar seats to me but The pictures I looked up could be different than what you have. I have never actually bought a car before so sorry if I'm being hella picky but I am still interested. How much do you think your gonna want for it? Ballpark me.

8. BroCo

BroCo Moderator Staff Member

So you don't like gold rims, tinted windows or race car seats. I think you should look for a nice used Toyota Camry.

9. thakrazymule

thakrazymule Active Member

You've NEVER bought a car? :confused:

10. Orbit

Orbit Member

I ride a bike. I lived out west and hitch hiked to work at a resort for a year. I lived in Portland and in Minneapolis and I use public transportation. My girlfriend has a car and we havent driven it for at least 3 days. I don't need a car, I want a car and I don't want a Camry I want a Subie. I dont need gold rims or tinted windows or race car seats so I don't want your car I guess, thanks for the reply though!

11. bubba_crx

I'd like $4k for it..

12. WRXCarl

WRXCarl Well-Known Member

Wheels can be painted, seats can be swapped, tint can be removed. Your buying a used car you'll never find one that is 100% what your looking for. So you pick one close then do a little work on it and make it yours.

Orbit likes this.
  13. euro

euro Well-Known Member

I just recently bought a 05 Impreza OBS bone stock and I’m loving it so far. It had an auto but with only 75k on it I couldn't pass it up. As people mentioned above just gut the parts you don't want in it (racing seats, etc) and sell them back here (or if your lucky) trade straight up for OEM gear.

14. WLGT

WLGT Well-Known Member

8k, you should have no problem finding a great used car. A lot of cars to choose from with 8k

Good Luck

Orbit likes this.
  15. Orbit

Orbit Member

Thats true. It is a manual and thats one of the main things I want. Thanks!

16. Orbit

Orbit Member

OEM?

17. Orbit

Orbit Member

Can I come check it out with my buddy sometime?

18. BroCo

Orbit likes this.
  19. Orbit

Orbit Member

20. BroCo

21. BroCo

22. turbotalon1g

turbotalon1g Well-Known Member

any pics bubba?

23. euro

euro Well-Known Member

original equipment manufacturer, it means the factory seats, exhaust, etc.

Orbit likes this.
  24. Orbit

Orbit Member

25. bubba_crx

I live in Fargo, ND

I do on my phone

26. Orbit

Orbit Member

How much you get that one for? I'm trying to feel out the market ya know?

27. Orbit

Orbit Member

Damn. My bike doesn't go that far. I'll let you know if I have a chance to get up there. My mom is in grand forks so maybe it's time for a visit.

28. euro

euro Well-Known Member

I bought mine for $11k in immaculate shape, the only issues I’ve had with it is the cat heat shield rattles and the driver seat side bolster is slightly deflated from someone repeatedly sitting on. I spent the better part of 2 years looking for one in this nice of condition for less than $14k

29. Orbit

Orbit Member

Im looking at an impreza wagon tomorrow but I want to keeping my options open. Are you closer to actually selling the OBS yet? How much are you looking to get for it?

30. SubieDave

SubieDave Well-Known Member

31. Orbit

Orbit Member

32. mke723

mke723 Well-Known Member

i have a 99 forester, manual, green, very clean. would sell for $3500.