Maperformance 4-1 Equal Length Headers... *JR BARRIOS APPROVED*

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Leo@Maperformance, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Leo@Maperformance

Leo@Maperformance Vendor

2. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

To quote "MAP HEADER vs AP EL( not the best, and AP may suck in general, but its a decent header )

As much as I dislike some of MAPs business practices, I can honestly say the header is a good piece.

While the gains are not as drastic as the original ****ty comparison made, the GAINS are still there. We sent a bore scope down the runners to check the collector and where very surprised to see its a nice design. Overall the header is a good sound design.

This was a direct swap of the header on the same car, on the dyno with the same start and stop AIT/COOLANT temp and 0 changes to the tuning. Boost error was on point, so boost was within .15-.25psi . We made the comparison as equal as humanly possible. It picks up power EVERYWHERE.

Id say its a good value for the money. I also want to thank MAP for having trust in my honesty lol.. They pretty much set themselves up for a huge fail if this thing did not preform. My assumptions where wrong."

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If its significantly cheaper than the Killer B header it seems like a good deal

joebush44 and tangledupinblu like this.
  3. derp

derp Well-Known Member

What astounding efforts by Map to advertise.

Pasting a whole link to another forum. Don't strain yourselves now...

Mnelson and jubella2 like this.
  4. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

Yea, I hate when people just assume I can follow a link and read things for myself. Jerks.

5. derp

derp Well-Known Member

As a customer, are you more likely to be interested in a company that takes the time to actually paste the full review/article/advertisement/announcement, or one that pastes nothing but a link? It's the same amount of effort, but the appearances are so much better when they spend the literal seconds needed to drag mouse that much further to paste the whole thing.

While you're right that it's not that hard to click the link and go read it myself, IMO it makes the company look bad since they hired such a lazy person to maintain their forum presence.

Nhibbs and joebush44 like this.
  6. grizbone

I get your point. I guess I'm less discriminatory. If they have what I want, at a good price, I'll buy. If they are local and employ locally, all the better. I don't need special graphics or attention.

If it was a link to an ad, or graphics or release info I would agree. However with it being a link to a results / discussion thread that started with negativity from a well known entity in the community and turned around to a positive review, I find the link pasting appropriate. Let's me get all the info, where most places will just cut out when they don't like and distract with flashy graphics. They have a release post in the vendor section already, I just see this as sharing public opinion without sugar coating

joebush44 likes this.
  7. belalegosi

belalegosi Well-Known Member

FYI am I the only one who can't see the images?
    The only graph I can see if the one JR posted on Nasioc?

8. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

That was a pretty entertaining read actually and I was on the edge of me seat to see the Prime/Jr testing results, but none of the images are working for me. :(

belalegosi likes this.
  9. grizbone

Weird, they show up fine for me

10. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Dunno, why I cant see the pics in the Nasioc thread or this one anymore...

11. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Another high quality adventure courtesy of MAP.

MinnesotaFTW likes this.