MNSubaru Gran Turismo 5 League Schedule

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by readymix, Nov 30, 2010.

1. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

MNSubaru GranTurismo League

Every week a new automobile setup will be announced, you will have till Sunday to get your car and prep it. Then we all gather up on the virtual track to duke it out to see who is the better racer.

How to get into the race:
    Go to your main GT page, where your garage and a-spec, etc is.
    Make sure you added readymix_wrx as a friend on PSNetwork.
    Make sure you are IN the car required for the race
    Click on Community
    Find readymix_wrx on the list there and click it
    On the left you'll see an icon on readymix's profile that says "Lounge" click on that and Join it.
    Once you are in the lobby, you can sit and chat with people if you wish, or you can hit the track to do practice laps.
    Durring the practice lapping sessions, best lap gets pole position. Grid positions are determined by lap time during practice. You don't have to participate, but it does help you get to the front earlier if you can nail a hot lap.

Readymix's lounge is always open, so, you are more than welcome to be in there long before the time alloted to meet up, talk smack, discuss setups, or just hit the track for free lapping sessions.

Rules:
    You must bring a car to the race that fits the specifications set forth for that race. There will be limits to power and weight settings, so make sure you don't go doing mods you can't reverse (such as weight reductions or engine stages).
    Bumping is racing. We not only allow it, but we in fact encourage it to an extent. But don't be a dick about it. Let's keep this from getting mean spirited, remember...it's just a game. But rubbin and pushing is part of the fun, and adds an element of strategy to the race.
    Once the race has started, there are NO do-overs. If you forgot to put your racing tires on, too bad. Once the numbers tick down to "GO", it's on, and that's it.
    9PM is when the race is tentatively scheduled to start, but that isn't set in stone. But do try to be there at 9pm. The reason we don't start exactly at 9pm is because free lapping and dicking around is part of the fun, and we will likely lose track of time.
    Events will now be one make requirements. We will try to keep the need for purchasing cars to a minimum so that you aren't breaking the bank to enter. Keeping it "one make" will keep things like Week 2 from happening again.

Below are the race details for each week that is currently setup. Instead of working out details on the payouts, we may just have to look into a cheap trophy. I'm sure someone with a welder can collect some scrap engine parts together and make something nice, and then we can spray paint it gold. More on that later.

EVENT SCHEDULE

Week 1: Vitz Exhibition Race
    Sunday, December 5th 2010. Time: 9PM CST
    Car: Toyota Vitz EuroSport Edition '00 (won in the Sunday Cup)
    Modification: Sport Soft tires allowed. Car must be otherwise stock.
    Winner: readymix
    Close second (by half a second) AWDImprezaL
    Everyone else....bring your race tires next time, knuckleheads.

Week 2: Super Dori Dori Number One
    Sunday December 12th 2010. Time: 9PM CST
    Car: Japanese RWD Production Cars. 200hp limit. Must be a standard car with mods, no race cars. (i.e. Mugen Civic Type R Cup or whatever)
    Mods: Race Tires allowed. No weight reductions, engine stages are allowed, but remember it has to be under 200hp. No prepped race cars allowed.
    Winner: AWDImprezaL

Week 3: 'Murican Muscle (Derp)

Sunday December 19th 2010. Time: 9PM CST
    Car: 69 Camaro (Chevy Dealership)
    Mods: No lightweight, Engine mods allowed, 400HP cap. NO RACE MODIFICATIONS (in the GT Auto area.) Aero parts ARE allowed (wings and body kits)
    Winner: Shibbs

Week 4: Godzilla Attacks Tokyo
    Sunday December 26th 2010. Time 9PM CST
    Car: R32/33/34 GT-R Skyline. NO RACE CARS. Must be a standard street model (Gran Turismo Pace Car is acceptable)
    Mods: No lightweight, No Engine Mods. Everything else Goes.
    Location: Somewhere in Tokyo...havne't decided the track yet. Expect rain.
    Winner: AWDImprezaL

Week 5: One in the Pink
    Sunday January 2nd, 2011 Time: 9PM CST
    Car: Any model Subaru Impreza STi. NO RACE CARS. Must be standard street model
    Mods: No lightweight mods allowed. 450hp limit
    Winner: Fancyfootwork15

Week 6: I'm Only Here To Get Wasted In the Infield. USA! USA! USA!
    Sunday January 9th, 2011 Time: 9PM CST
    Car: NASCAR from the garage. (You must use the NASCAR car from the online garage.)
    Mods: N/A
    Winner: readymix

Week 7: Open Class Race
    Sunday January 16th, 2011 Time: 9PM CST
    Car: Any Car
    Mods: Any Mods
    Winner:

Week 8: TBD
    Sunday January 23th, 2011 Time: 9PM CST
    Car: TBD
    Mods: TBD
    Winner:

Racers:
    readymix
    subytek
    badbennyb
    shibbs
    surlyoldman
    idget
    wrc10
    pillboy
    Shreiner.Photo
    emericaskate
    shane86
    TMF
    FlossedOut
    AWDImprezaL

2. subytek

subytek Well-Known Member

I approve except for one thing, sport soft tires should be allowed.

3. readymix

Good call, I'll ammend the post.

4. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Sounds good, depending on time and whatnot I'll plan on being a guinea pig for the multiplayer thing.

5. readymix

Right on. And yes, that is the correct attitude for this. While there will be a winner recorded for this event. There is no monetary or material loss for not winning this event. It's simply an exhibition race to see how things work. The more the merrier. The reason for stock cars is to emphasize the driving aspect over "who has the most mods." And while we will definitely do races that focus on brutally modded cars, I'd rather showcase driving skill through equally or similarly matched vehicles.

6. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

the later we can make it on sunday the better, i have to work at the viks game on sunday, so if its a little after the game im in otherwise next time

7. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

might have to hang with Eli that night and "participate"

8. readymix

This is a door to door racing event, not a time trial lap event. Just so you know. If Eli is racing, I don't think you'll be racing at the same time, unless Eli has two PS3s.

9. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Pfft. I'm not letting Chris race. Buy your own system.

I'm an 88% on this for Sunday night. The later the better.

10. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

. .

11. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

3rded... or is it fourthededed?

12. readymix

How does Sunday night at 9pm sound?

13. tksti

tksti New Member

I might be down for this not sure yet.. will know a lot more later this week.. but I will try

14. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

good for me

15. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

I might try to get in on this since I have the required POS car and I am usually doing nothing important at 9:00 pm on Sundays. I just have to figure out what to do on my end. I undoubtedly don't have as much seat time as most of you, but someone has to be a back marker...might as well be me.

16. readymix

Updated first post with current race roster. 8 racers so far.

17. Schreiner.Photo

Schreiner.Photo New Member

18. Schreiner.Photo

Schreiner.Photo New Member

Hope its a tight cornered track.

19. pillboy

Did we all win the same color Vitz? I think mine is black.

20. thunderdan1313

thunderdan1313 New Member

would damage be on??

21. idget

I hope it's Daytona so everyone can draft and I can spend the entire race trying to run you (and only you) off the track.

I think I sold mine lol. I'll buy another.

Out of curiosity, who is using a controller and who is using a wheel?

I'm using the controller and dinking around with button configuration. Still haven't found anything to help me unwind the wheel smoothly enough with high hp cars or enter steering inputs smoothly enough on nascar events. I'm tempted to go pick up a logitech wheel.

22. fancyfootwork15

fancyfootwork15 Well-Known Member

I'm like 90% positive i'm in on this too. 9pm sounds like a good time. I'm assuming everyone would be home then?.. PSN: emericaskate8325

I'm wondering about the controller and wheel thing also, i'm stuck with a controller. Luckily I'm working 55 or so hours this week so maybe I can buy a wheel ha.

23. fancyfootwork15

fancyfootwork15 Well-Known Member

Oh btw, everyone should add me on PSN I need more friends.

24. readymix

Agreed. This game needs a wheel. I think I'm going to forego the G27 for now as I don't really like fussing with the gear shifting in this anyway. I would really prefer to just have a wheel, brake, gas pedal and go. I think the Logitech Driving Force GT or whatever covers the bases. And yeah, those Nascar challenges, I've gotten to within 5 hundreths of a second of gold on them, and I feel like I can't possibly do better because the steering is just too jerky to maintain smooth motion through the turns.

Also, I too will need a new Vitz, lol.

Remember, and I'll post this again up in the OP, it has to be the Vitz euro '00 or whatever. The one you win for completing the Sunday Cup I believe.

25. readymix

NVM, just uninstalled all the parts on it. Then painted it orange.

26. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Everyone keep in mind lightening CANNOT BE UN-INSTALLED.

27. pillboy

I'm still using my old Logitech Driving Force Pro. The first one that came out with 900 degrees lock-to-lock.

From the chatter on GT Planet, it appears the GT franchise has severed ties with Logitech and Thrustmaster will be the newest GT branded wheel when it comes out. Supposedly at $500. From what I can gather, the G25 and G27 don't have 100% functionality with GT5 (note that they do not appear in the set-up options in the game).

28. readymix

Why the hell would you waste your money on lightening a Vitz?

29. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

better power to weight ratio?

30. readymix

Do you really need that for a Vitz? For one race?

Also, my biggest gripe so far with GT5 and the PS3 in general is inviting or getting the attention of someone on your friends list. What is the point of seeing who is currently online on your friends list if there is no way to contact them and tell them to come drive with you? The "best" way so far that I've found by searching online is to "give your room number to your friends on MSN chat." Um, no.

31. readymix

Seriously, this boils my blood. You sold this piece of equipement for nearly 600 dollars at one point. Steam has been around since 2003 and has had a coherent and useful messaging system since around 2006. You mean to tell me that you developed this system for multiplayer online gaming, and the only way to interact with your friends is to shoot random ****ing emails into space and hope that someone reads them in time to play with you? Am I missing something here? The very second that they make a decent emulator for the PC for PS3 games, I'm going to be playing GT5 there where I can at least interact with people in a manner that makes sense.

32. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

I just started playing, so that would explain why my shifter was acting up.

33. pillboy

At the risk of showing my ignorance, how do we all show up at the correct place at the appointed hour? I am the noobiest at online play...sorry. Is there like a "street corner" I need to go hang out on and wait?

34. idget

I think the easiest way is to friend readymix on PSN then under the "community" tab in the game, find his name then enter his lounge.

Online play is still pretty bare bones and at times laggy. So we'll have to see how it goes this first time around.

35. pillboy

Thanks. Hope to see everyone there without too much trouble on my part.

36. readymix

Yeah, all you need to do is simply add me on your PSN as a friend. Then in GT5, go to Community, and find my name in the list. Under my name, you'll see a button for "Lounge." Make sure it says you are joining "t3hw00t d0t c0m GT." Once you are in the lounge area, you can chat with anyone that is in there already, and you can also go free driving on the track with anyone currently out there until the race officially starts.

37. Shane86

Shane86 Well-Known Member

I'm in, if for no other reason than to be part of this experiment in getting people together in GT5 for other events...

i too may have to buy another vitz... after i finished that race series i was pretty well determined i never wanted to drive that bastard again. :p

PSN ID again is: TheStig827

38. thunderdan1313

thunderdan1313 New Member

car is a 00vitz?
    the only mod is tyres?
    can u lighten it?
    would there be 2 classes like steering wheel and controlers
    would damage be on so that you dont have people raming cars at full speed during turns just to gain spots
    how long would the race be?

39. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

You're not alone. I'm glad you asked, now I know whats going on.

40. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

I am most definitely in!

I will be using a regular controller as well...can't justify blowing a bunch of money on a wheel.

Also, how are we going to prevent ppl from modding their cars? Can you set a restriction on the race setup? We could also force ppl to select one car from the garage that has all stock cars...

Note - there are a variety of mods that can't be removed beyond weight reduction, like the 3 stages of engine tuning, etc.

regardless, this should be neat.

41. Shane86

Shane86 Well-Known Member

Okay, you're right in the fact that the Eurosport model is a win car from the Sunday cup... but those of use who have already sold it are... screwed. You can't re-win prize cars in GT5.

Can we open it up a little? allow the use of the Eurosport or the Vitz 1.5L RS 07 which is purchasable in the dealership for 16, 380?

i can't find what the specs of the Eurosport model are, but the RS is 108hp @ 6k and 104.15lbft @ 4400rpm. Weight clocks in at 1070kg.

42. pillboy

You're welcome. ;<)

43. readymix

You can re-win it again in B-Spec mode on the same race. Just take your driver to the Sunday Cup, he'll get you another one. If you already sold that one, well, I'll have to go check the specs on that one at the dealership.

44. readymix

Yes, the only mod you can do is tires.
    That's it. No other mods. Just tires.
    No, everyone races together, the wheel gives a little bit of advantage in certain situations, but I'm planning the races around cars and setups that don't require that level of precision. I.E. Nascar. I'm also planning around cars that are everyday cars. Not everyone plays the same, so some people might not have some big level car that you get in an expert level race because they aren't that serious about finishing A-spec. I know my GT4 save is about 60% done, and that is as far as I cared to go.
    As far as damage goes, with the number of people on the course, possibly up to 12 by last count, if a little bumper magic isn't allowed, then we're going to have some serious pileups. While damage will deter people from actively ramming, what it wont do is help someone who started at the back of the pack and can't seem to fight a line around a slower driver without making contact. I don't want to penalize those that got a ****ty position on the grid since they will have to be somewhat aggressive to make it to the front. Especially if the cars are evenly matched. It'll come down alot to who can nail a corner the best, and if they start at the rear, it's going to be difficult for them to nail that corner if someone slower is in front of them playing brake check. So, that means, no, there will not be damage turned on. Rubbin is racing.
    I'm thinking around 5 laps would suffice, keep the tracks medium length and make sure there are enough laps for everyone to have a chance to pass. I'm going to try for a certain distance traveled.

Alot of the decisions about further matchups will be based on the findings from Sunday's race. Don't get too hung up on winning or losing or placing in this one. It is merely for 'proof of concept.' I want to make sure that the game is playable with 12 people, that everyone can get into the game ok, that we can set rules and regulations for the race, etc...what we learn from this race will determine how we proceed with the rest of the race season.

45. readymix

Also updated first post with more info.