MNSUBARU's Newest BRZ

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by AspitFire, Jul 27, 2012.

1. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

My girl just picked up a 2013 BRZ 6speed manual last night. We were looking for white, but we had no luck finding any locally. She fell in love with a lightning red one last night and we made the purchase. I think she will be registering here shortly.

Attached Files:

• BRZ.JPG
      BRZ.JPG
      File size:
      347.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Terry Ammerman

Terry Ammerman Well-Known Member

One cool ride. I want to go drive one.

3. Tou

Tou Member

congrats on the new BRZ pickup, hope to see some pictures soon.

4. GiMp

GiMp Well-Known Member

Pics of gf

Slopestyle1 and Ctracey218 like this.
  5. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

Love it! I can't wait to see the inevitable monsters that some of the BRZ/FRS will become...

6. AspitFire

Ha ha, the car is incredibly fun to drive. Has less than 100 miles on it so we havent had the chance to really get on it, but this car in the corners...its amazing, the steering, the response, the lack of body roll. Hopefully we will be able to make it out one of these weekends for a meet.

7. Tim the Plumber

Tim the Plumber Well-Known Member

Very nice I'm liking the red good choice!

ofspunk7 likes this.
  8. WLGT

WLGT Well-Known Member

Red looks great, maybe its a good thing there wasn't a white one cuz red it shines when waxed. Me want one too but will never happen

9. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

Red is the best choice ;) I used to think red was tacky, then I went looking for cars and ended up buying a red car. They look great in the sun.

pksublime and 02subbieRS like this.
  10. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Hot! Easier to pick up chics with it if that's her/your thing.

11. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

Woot! Looking forward to some of these beasts showing up at meets.

12. delsovue

delsovue Member

Wow looks sexy

13. AspitFire

This now makes 4 subarus in the driveway/garage...time to get rid of atleast one

14. Ctracey218

Ctracey218 Playpen Wrangler Staff Member

Josh, you say that like it is a bad thing? :)

Congrats on the purchase!

15. assasain

assasain Well-Known Member

lookin sexy, I'd like to get behind the wheel of one of these.

16. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Nice! Congrats buddy!

Keep us updated on how you like it as you guys rack up the miles.

17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

thing looks sick!

18. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Awesome Joshua, just awesome! Congrats!

19. Terry Ammerman

Terry Ammerman Well-Known Member

I just saw her evil twin at BP Subaru. Had the thing locked up tight on the showroom floor WTF. All I wanted to do was drive it out the window:bye:

tangledupinblu likes this.
  20. AspitFire

When we went to look at the car the car had 12 miles on it, they allowed both of us to test drive the car. If they hadent allowed us to test drive it we wouldnt have purchased it. We went to a couple other dealers and same thing you experianced at BP Subaru, wouldnt allow test drives.

21. tangledupinblu

Wth? How do they expect to sell a car if the possible buyer can't test drive it? That's one of the dumbest things that i've ever heard.

22. Shancaldazar

Shancaldazar Well-Known Member

I'm sure that this car is in high enough demand that someone would be willing to buy without a test drive. Many other people bought the car (or at least a security deposit before even seeing the car, or one like it). I know it's ridiculous. But they own the car till they sell it, and can do as they please

23. SurlyOldManMN

It's a matter of the target demographic. They waited on my credit check before they'd let me test drive an STi. OTOH I can walk onto a BMW lot and test drive 1.5-2x more expensive cars with no hassle at all.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  24. tangledupinblu

I understand that they don't want the joyriders coming in and piss pounding their cars. But Josh doesn't own a flatbill and he works at a bank(usually rocking dress shirts and ties). Just suprised because i myself would NEVER buy a car without driving it first. Pay 30k for something and not even like it, then what...pssssh. I mean, i'll buy jeans without trying them on, but that's $15-20 at Target, lol.

Credit check is fine by me, but saying no would just justify me buying something used instead. I do remember that you couldn't test drive most of the new STi's...rubbish IMO.

Terry Ammerman likes this.
  25. SurlyOldManMN

Most of the people on MNS are good examples of folks who don't wear flatbills, often hold down corporate positions and still beat the living piss out of their car. Just sayin.

turkeylord, KA-T_240 and 02subbieRS like this.
  26. tangledupinblu

Troof.

27. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

Look at it from the other point of view. If Dealer A and Dealer B both have the a car on the lot, but Dealer A's car has 100 (or 200, 0r 300) test drive miles on it, and Dealer B's car has 1 mile and plastic still on it, which one would you rather buy? Most people would probably go to Dealer A and beat on their "test drive" car, and then go to Dealer B and buy their car. And with the number of posts in the NASIOC "The 2012 WRX/STI Order Thread", people are very willing to order a car and wait for it, to get a car with exactly the options they want, and minimal miles.

Since this is the case, it makes very little sense for a dealer to allow test drives. People are just going to test drive a car and then keep shopping to find the best price. Test drive's only make sense if they actually increase sales. On a niche car like the BRZ (or even the WRX and STI), I'm guessing it only closes the sale in a very small percentage of cases, and having a car on the lot with significant miles on it likely loses out on many sales.

28. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

That's how I picked up my bugeye. I was one of the 1st 4 cars into the whitebear dealer and if I didn't take it, one of the 3-400 other people on the list would have. From what I remember, almost all the dealers in the cities were that way when the 02 wrx was released.

Russ

29. idget

The thing is, subaru creates this. If there was a shortage of these vehicles then its totally understandable. But compared to the premium brands, there isn't. I think that's what josh is saying. **** I test drove a $110k car that had build numbers in the hundreds. Bo way I could have afforded it and I'm certain the saleman knew that too. It's just a different culture with that brand. I think Subaru is trying to be different from the Hondas of the world that are more interested in fleet sales and find a place in the market somewhere between that and the premiums. Unfortunately, the consumer is left in this weird position where they're either turned away, or have to resort to ordering site unseen.

That example of the test drive surprised the hell out of me. But what surprised me more was that I couldn't find an sti to test drive until I talked to a buddy who worked at a dealership. And this was back in 2006 (MY2007) and it wasn't a new model release, limited production model, or new even a new body style release. So I can only imagine these people who are "happy to order 2012s" are only doing so bc this is the way subaru operates and they don't have much other choice. I'm not placing a value judgement, but I agree that its weird. Good on them for tricking their consumer. If noothing else it makes the sales teams job easier lol

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  30. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

Or it could be that people buying $30k "sports cars" are often stretching their budget to limit. They spend hours upon hours on the internet researching their purchase. They want everything exactly perfect. They are willing to shop around and/or wait for it. On the other hand the buyer of a $100k+ sports car is provably just going to show up at the lot, pick one that he thinks look cool, maybe take it for a quick spin, and then drive off with it.

With high end cars, salesmen sell the car. Subaru salesmen sell Imprezas and Foresters. Most WRX and STI buyers know more about the car than the salesman. When I bought my car the salesman said this to me right off the bat. They let me drive a WRX but a salesman had to be in the car, no WOT, and no speeding. It didn't help me choose to buy the car at all. I bought one anyways. From a different dealer. That didn't allow test drives.

I have no idea if Subaru controls this or not. But I am in the camp that I'd rather not buy a car that has been beaten around the block by ten different bro's before I pay full price for it.

31. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

Always depends on the buyer more then the dealer I think. Last sti I test drove at the dealership, brand new, the guy that came with me said "let's see what this thing can do"

32. idget

Wasn't a sports car.

33. Shancaldazar

Shancaldazar Well-Known Member

That actually is a very good point. When I went with my mother for here to buy here 2011 Forester 2.5x (no turbo :(....) the saleswoman didn't even know that the forester was based upon the Impreza, and that the Outback was a lifted legacy wagon with a few other changes. A STi isn't a car you buy after a test drive really (that might help you decide in a case, say comparing it to an EVO), but for the most point you know you want that specific car. BRZ is no different. If you want fun to drive like no other, then it's your car (or the miata...).

34. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

Sports/Luxury, same thing. Clueless rich people buying whatever the guy tells them is good.

35. tangledupinblu

I test drove my WRX, signed the papers the next day. Given, it was used, but i wouldn't have bought it without test driving it. What happens if you order or buy a "sports" car off of a lot, get it and are all excited about it...and then the first time you drive it (because you couldn't test drive it), it handles and performs like a 1990 Ford Taurus? Just saying.

I'd be in the small percentage...but then again, i would never buy a new car anyways.

36. Tash

Tash Well-Known Member

Well morries gives you a certain time frame that if your not happy you can return it, I'm pretty sure

37. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

IIRC, 3 days or 300 miles.

38. idget

Do you truly think that someone who is willing to spend $xxxxxx on a car is really going to purchase it without any forethought? I can think of at least a half dozen people who bought their 100k+ cars as business expenses and came out even or ahead after selling/trading after a few years of ownership. They're all car enthusiasts or and/or extremely frugal. To the point that it was surprising that they bought anything flashy/expensive. Do you really think one gets talked into buying a gt2rs, 599 gto, etc?

I agree that most consumers don't want a new car with more than xx miles on it. Thing is, most Subaru dealerships have an sti with xxx+ miles on it (unless you show up right after release or more recently with the post tsunami production delays) and they still don't want you test driving it. They make you think you know what you want without giving you a chance to try it. Know why some of us call wrb lemming blue?

Hopefully Subaru wakes up and let's the consumer test drive the brz. It can only help sales and competition. fwiw, I had no problem test driving an frs.

ShortytheFirefighter likes this.
  39. gc8

gc8 Well-Known Member

This seems like it would be a dealer-specific regulation. I can understand if a dealership is getting multiple calls/visits regarding the BRZ, then they wouldn't want to offer test drives to them all if they have only 1 or 2 on the lot. As far as I know, BRZs aren't flooding lots yet so if there are more interested buyers than vehicles on the lot, then dealers probably assume that one of those parties will most likely buy sans test drive.

Then again, this could just be idiotic sales managers who have instituted a rule of no test drives under any circumstances because a bunch of punks coming in to solely to "test" the BRZ. Having worked at a dealership in the past, I wouldn't put it past some managers...they can be poor judges of character.

40. AspitFire

Put a couple hundred miles on the car this weekend and i am nothing but smiles everytime i drive this car! I love it!

j4ngl35, tangledupinblu and ofspunk7 like this.
  41. readymix

readymix ...Lest ye be trod upon... Staff Member

I love you.

ShortytheFirefighter likes this.
  42. WLGT

WLGT Well-Known Member

Show them the $ = very good chance they'll let you test drive it

Same anywhere else like when buying a tv, computer. They'll help you out and do anything to make you hand that $ over

They are like a kid at a toy store, buy this how, about this one, want me to get the keys?

43. Alexandra

Alexandra New Member

Hey everyone! Joined the site ;) I have officially put up over 1200 miles on the car already!! The more you drive it, the better and smoother it gets every time...thinking about adding some hp to my baby...but one step at a time. Here are some pics!

Attached Files:

turkeylord and SkeetsWisconny like this.
  44. fancyfootwork15

fancyfootwork15 Well-Known Member

45. Back Road Runner

Back Road Runner Well-Known Member

Sexy car and good ideology for a car design. Bravo for purchasing new. I wish I was willing to do the same. I almost want to trade in both my Foresters for one. I just have a hard time spending full price on new cars. Maybe a few years? O don't know.