More Tools!

Discussion in 'FS: Everything else' started by Shancaldazar, Mar 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shancaldazar

Shancaldazar Well-Known Member

I'm back again with more tools! I'm currently in Northfield and occasionally will be in Plymouth if you want to meet up. I am SUPER busy except for usually Fridays after 10AM and Saturday, so if that works, we can set up a time and place! Otherwise I'm more than happy to ship them items for the price I have listed!

I've got a 88 tooth Armstrong USA MADE 1/2 drive ratchet. New and unused and has excellent chrome. This is one of the newer style 88T ones (not the older 60 tooth ones) and is a high quality professional grade ratchet (identical mechanism to the Matco Tool Truck brand ratchets, just has a different handle from them). The head is super slim for better access, 88T for a small swing arc, and high strength so you don't have to worry about busting your knuckles. The Matco version of this goes for $140+Tax+Shipping, so these are truly a great deal in the tool world. New and high quality item. Leagues better than any craftsman or big box store ratchet. $80 Shipped OBO
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I've got the 3/8 drive version 11-992! Also 88T, but this one has been used. Matco versions are around $100, and these use the exact same mechanism, just different handle. Super Slim head and high strength, this is one of the best ratchets in the US right now and it is MADE IN THE USA! It is used, and as such has signs of use: light scratches and dirt, but not chipped or peeling chrome. Great shape. Ratcheting mechanism is in excellent shape. $40 Shipped OBO
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is a pretty rare set of tools. The KD Tools GearPliers set! It features an 180 Tooth gear plier that can ratchet close or be set to open and close without the ratchet mechanism. Its unique locking technology allows multiple different tips to be inserted into the gear plier without any slop! This one pair of pliers can perform 15 different tasks for you and replace 15 different types of pliers.

The following tips are included in this set:
    Straight hose clamp tip
    Long angled hose clamp tip
    Short angled hose clamp tip
    Cable hose clamp tip
    Fuse and module relay tip
    Long straight spark plug boot tip
    Long angled spark plug boot tip
    Short angled spark plug boot tip
    Valve stem puller tip
    Push pin tip
    Piston ring compression tip
    Hog ring tip
    Brake spring tip
    Hose pinch off tip

This set has been used a few times (only the cable hose clamp attachment and the spark plug boot pullers). The rest are unused, and everything is in great shape. One of the latches on the case (the case IS included) is broken, but the case still stays shut just fine even with only one latch. These have been discontinued and are incredibly hard to find in good shape! $135 Shipped OBO
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then I have 2 wire strippers for sale. One is a channellock 958 and the other is an Ideal 45-121. Both are USA made and professional grade wire strippers. They have not been used, but do have some marks from sitting around. Very light surface rust on the uncoated parts of the jaws, and the Channellock has two black dots on the handle. The channellock version also has a locking lever, so you can lock them closed when not in use. Both are unused, so they have sharp blades and are ready for years of use! The Channellock strippers strip 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, and 20 Solid AWG while the Ideal T-Strippers strip 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, and 24 AWG Solid and is dual marked for stranded AWG too (16-26 AWG). Together these two strippers will strip pretty much all wire that most people encounter! $20 Shipped
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Shancaldazar

And then a bit of a random pile of stuff I have left over..
    Got a rather large tool set for sale that I am selling all together. It consists of 33 pieces ranging from screwdrivers to pliers to sockets. Just want to get rid of these items as I've had them sitting around for way too long now. Look below for individual pictures and descriptions, but these are being sold as a set for a great price. $50 OBO Shipped
    [​IMG]

Three 3/4 drive sockets- URREA (Mexico) 1-3/16" (30.16MM) 12 point socket, Armstrong USA 23 and 25MM 12 point sockets. All have off corner engagement and are top quality tools. Each one of these is normally around $15, and these are NEW with just wear from being stored with a bunch of other sockets and rubbing on each other. Excellent condition.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gearwrench 3/8 drive Semi deep sockets 6 pt w/ off corner engagement. Mid length sockets are a great alternative to having both deep and shallow sockets, and sometimes work where the other two don't! Sizes 7/8, 13/16, 3/4, 11/16, 5/8. Used once or twice and now I have Mac sockets instead of these. Great tools and highly useful if you use these sizes. Also includes a short SK USA MADE 3/8 drive extension that has been very well used (but still works 100%).
    [​IMG]

Then we have a piece set of mini pliers. 3 are craftsman and 1 is bluepoint (Snap On brand). There is a 45661 long nose, 45663 diagonal cutters, 45667 end nippers, and the blue point B45CMP mini linesman pliers. All are used, and the bluepoint has a little surface rust. Cutters are still very sharp and have only been used on copper wire before. Each plier is normally $10 from Craftsman or Snap On.
    [​IMG]

Got a Gearwrench 13 piece 1/4 drive pass thru (not for a regular 1/4 drive ratchet!!!). Sizes include 3.5MM, 4MM, 4.5MM, 5MM, 5.5MM, 6MM, 7MM, 8MM, 9MM, 10MM, 11MM, 12MM, and 13MM. All you have to do is buy a 1/4 drive pass through ratchet from gearwrench or craftsman (both are the same, just stamped different at the factory) to use these sockets. They can be used in place of deep sockets (can go over long studs/threaded portions) and get into places that a regular ratchet and socket can't because they are too thick (these are super slim even with the ratchet attached). All are 6 point and have off corner engagement. As a bonus, there is also a 5/32 Craftsman 1/4 drive pass thru socket included too (and you can see they are the same except for stamping). All are brand new and unused.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 Piece hose pliers set. These are useful for removing hoses that are very stuck. Includes 3 different sizes for various sized hoses. Great for fuel lines, vacuum lines, etc. Pittsburgh brand (HF) with a lifetime warranty. These are well used and rusty, but still completely functional and useable. Joints are slightly stiff, but again, still work great.
    [​IMG]

Last is three screwdrivers. One is a masterforce T8 Torx USA MADE, another is a Wiha GERMAN MADE 6.5MMx125MM flat head screwdriver (with hex bolster for getting really stuck screws out with the aide of a wrench), and then a craftsman USA MADE 4 way flat head screwdriver keychain. All are great shape and the Wiha screwdriver is of the highest quality. Excellent soft grip handle and the most durable screwdriver tips available. I take no responsibility if you feel the need to purchase more Wiha after using this screwdriver!!
    [​IMG]

I'm more than happy to make deals if you buy multiple items or pick up items from me!

3. Shancaldazar

1/2 and 3/8 ratchets sold!

4. Shancaldazar

Got an unused 3/4 drive 72 Tooth SK ratchet. I have put a socketed two on the drive end but I've never actually used it before (hence why I am getting rid of it). Unused and excellent shape, this is an IDEAL Sk tool with the "AA" date code (made in 2011). Best price for a new one I could find was $115, so I'm selling this one for $110. As you can see from the reflections in the pictures, the chrome is damn good.

For that price shipping is included, and I will throw in a 20" 3/4 drive quick release Pittsburgh Pro breaker bar. This has been used before, but is in excellent shape.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tangledupinblu likes this.
  5. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

I don't have nuts big enough to require 3/4" drive stuff. GLWS.

Shancaldazar likes this.
  6. Shancaldazar

I'll throw in the three 3/4 drive sockets I have too with the Sk 3/4 drive ratchet and Pittsburgh Pro 3/4 drive breaker bar
    [​IMG]

And some other stuff
    1/2 Drive 84T Gearwrench Ratchet. Unused and has the packaging with it. The 84T mechanism has a super small 4.3 degree swing arc and is rated at a massive 190% of ASME torque for strength! High quality tool and it has a super slim and compact head for better access in tight places. $35 Shipped
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3/8 drive 84T Gearwrench Ratchet. Also unused and still has the packaging with it. The 84T mechanism has a super small 4.3 degree swing arc and is rated at a massive 190% of ASME torque for strength! High quality tool and it has a super slim and compact head for better access in tight places. I will also include FIVE 3/8 drive Gearwrench midlength/semideep sockets with this ratchet (sizes 7/8, 13/16, 3/4, 11/16, 5/8). These sockets are useful for when shallow or deep sockets don't work, or as a replacement for both shallow and deep sockets. There is also a USA made SK 3/8 drive extension (used, rough shape, but still works!) included. $35 Shipped
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The tool lot that formerly contained some of these items is no longer for sale as a lot, but the individuals items are for sale.

The pliers (4 mini pliers and 3 hose gripper pliers) are $20 shipped

The 1/4 drive passthrough sockets are $15 shipped

And the screwdrivers (all three) are free with any other purchase.

Wire Strippers are pending payment

7. Shancaldazar

Gear Pliers, mini pliers, and hose grip pliers are sold!

8. Shancaldazar

Wire strippers sold!

9. pillboy

Since you seem to be the resident tool expert, do you have any idea where in the greater Minneapolis area the average Derp can just walk in and have their torque wrench calibrated?

10. Shancaldazar

In Minnesota there aren't any that I have used before, so I'm not sure if they take walk-ins or only industrial customers.

A good calibration is usually $50-$70 for most torque wrenches, so it's only worth if it is a good wrench to begin with. I've used Team Torque in the past since they are a factory authorized service center for several different brands of torque wrenches (and for some brands, the only certified lab/repair center). I paid $60 last time IIRC (been a few years).

If it is a well known brand (e.g. Proto, Snap On...) they company that sells it usually can do it for you, and for sure will have the correct parts if it needs to be repaired too.

If you want local, searching for torque wrench calibration or a metrology lab should find one closer to Minneapolis.

pillboy likes this.
  11. pillboy

Thanks!

12. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Let me do some checking at work. We make all kinds of spring tester, including torque testers. I'malmost certain we have the capability to do so, it's just a matter of if we will. I'll do some asking.

What brand is yours? I have an old Craftsman one that I was given for free. The main calibration guy there said he tested it one day (I was curious to see if it was accurate) and he said it just feels way off. We were going to calibrate it but unfortunately I can't figure out how to get the handle apart (to adjust the spring inside). If I can figure that out, I feel like we'd be able to do it no problem. I could also maybe pretend that yours is mine... Haha.

13. Krazylegz1485

Forgot this was a for sale thread, sorry. @pillboy Can you send me a pm if interested? Thanks.

14. Shancaldazar

14 Piece Craftsman 6 point SAE Set! Sizes 1/4, 5/16, 11/32, 3/8, 7/16, 1/2, 9/16, 5/8, 11/16, 3/4, 13/16, 7/8, 15/16, 1. Great shape lightly used, some signs of use. Hard to find a USA made Craftsman wrench set now! These are also 6 point box ends too with off corner engagement so you don't round off any nuts or bolts! $75 Shipped
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gearwrench 7 Piece SAE Stubby Flex Ratcheting wrench set. Very useful in tight locations and a 72T gear for a super small swing arc. Absolutely critical when you need them and great tools to have! Sizes: 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 9/16", 5/8", 11/16" & 3/4". New and Unused, and come with an Ernst USA stubby wrench holder (worth $10) $80 shipped
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Krazylegz1485

Curious, how much does shipping usually run? (Meaning, is there a pick up in person discount?)

16. Shancaldazar

Shipping is only a little over $5 for smaller items like this, so it's pretty cheap. We can try to meet up and I'll knock off shipping charges. The problem usually is, though, I'm super busy throughout the week and 35 minutes south of the metro.

17. Krazylegz1485

Understandable. I thought it'd be more because they seem like they'd be on the heavy side. No worries. Contemplating that Craftsman 6 point set.

Shancaldazar and tangledupinblu like this.
  18. Shancaldazar

19. Shancaldazar

Would anyone be interested in a Hobart 140 MIG welder for around $400. I'll include the regulator and around $100 worth of flux core wire (ESAB production grade stuff). It's been lightly used and is still under warranty. This is the newer version of it with the all aluminum drive roller system, 5 tapped settings (instead of 4) and an overheat light. Been a great unit, but I am considering jumping to a 220V machine....

20. Shancaldazar

Plus some extra consumable tips, the flux core protection tip (to protect the gas ports while using flux core) and the MIG shielding tip. Might have some other random things for it too as I keep cleaning

21. Shancaldazar

Tekton 3/4 drive 38" breaker bar. LOCAL PICKUP ONLY. Super strong and great tool (have a Snap On one now though). When you pull this out, either the bolt is coming out or it is breaking. Forged Chrome Vanadium Shaft and chrome moly head. I used this to get the lateral link bolts out during a rear wheel bearing as even my super powerful impact wrench would not remove those bolts. This worked great! $35
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lisle Torque Angle gauge. This is used for bolts that have a angle spec as well as a torque spec (e.g. Subaru head bolts). This is way more accurate than you trying to mark the bolt and guess how many degrees you turned it and absolutely necessary for doing subaru head gaskets or engine builds. This tool is Made in the USA and is high quality. I've never used it before and am selling it since someone else gave me a digital angle gauge ($$$). $18 shipped
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am also now in Plymouth and meeting up will be much easier for me. Let me know

22. Shancaldazar

Adding some caliper hanging hooks....I made these out of 1/4" aluminum round stock, bent them to shape, and powder coated them red. They are 9.5" to 10" long and work great for Subarus to hang the caliper (without stretching the brake hose) from the springs. They have large hooks (can fit over even heavy duty truck springs) and can probably be used on many different vehicles, I just sized them to work very well on Subarus (97 impreza, 03 forester, 05 outback, 11 Forester). Please keep in mind that these will have a few flaws in the powder coating (I was trying different ways to powder coat, baking, multiple coats, etc so some are better than others), they will range a bit in size (again, was trying out different settings on my metal bender), and they have a few gouges and chunks from various cutting techniques and methods I was using to find what the best way to do these are. Just remember that they aren't going to be perfect but they will work excellent for hanging calipers still. They are made out of aluminum so they will NOT RUST even if the powder coating falls off and can support a good amount of weight for even larger brake calipers. I will sell them in sets of 2 only (discounts for buying multiple sets however!).

$10 shipped for one set (2 hooks) or $15 shipped for two sets (4 hooks). If you buy anything else from me (or pick them up), that price changes to $8 for one set and $12 for two sets.
    [​IMG]

23. Shancaldazar

Help me cover the costs to install 240V in my garage by buying some stuff :) Send me some offers if you're interested in anything!

24. Shancaldazar

Gearwrench Stubby Ratcheting wrenches sold and Lisle torque angle gauge pending payment

25. Shancaldazar

Lisle torque angle gauge sold!

Just have the craftsman wrenches, Tekton 3/4 breaker bar, and the caliper hooks...

Send me offers, I'd like to get rid of all of it!

26. Shancaldazar

$20 for the 3/4 drive breaker bar! I'm in plymouth, so that'll make meeting up easier for people

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.