Moved: Oil change day?

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Zola, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

Say, anyone with a heated garage interested in hosting an oil change day/evening sometime soon? I could technically probably do it in my garage but it's pretty cold and the lighting is horrible.

I come armed with my own tools, drain pan, containers for used oil, etc, so I can be in and out in probably a half hour (taking my time). If anyone else is needing an oil change, so much the better...we could do it like an assembly line. :)

2. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

My friend has a heated garage, but the fricken heater won't light anymore. :mad:

3. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

you could call biziatch

4. Xcelor8

Xcelor8 Well-Known Member

Usually I just have a local place around me do it, I bring them the oil and the filter, they charge me something like $10, vaccum the car, top off any other fluids and a car wash, all done in like 10 minutes... I haven't changed oil on my truck or car ever :D I leave that to the shop. Full synthetic oil, change top of the line filter, clean carpet (not that it's dirty anyways) and a clean car for $38 :cool: Personally I think that's pretty **** good, considering when I bought my truck in 01 I was spending $50+ an oil change.

5. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Joel, I don't mind lending my garage for an oil change day. The only down fall is, I have a 1 car garage, no heat, bad lighting and wet floor from my car parked in there, did I mention no heat.

Maybe Todd might want to open the garage for us for an hour or two just for a group get together and oil change. I don't mind chipping in 5 bux to pay the coverage just to use the space if Todd can pull this through for us.

We'll provide our own oil, filter and tools.

6. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

you could call biziatch
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah but I always ask you so I feel bad for imposing.

7. jeff

jeff New Member

OK, I could have an oil change or hoist day. I'm lucky enough to have a hoist and heat in my "toy" barn. It would have to be on a Sun. and you would have to put up with an old crabby guy.(me) But it would be kind of fun. I live in the Maple Grove area and Sundays are pretty flexible. All you gotta' do is say if you want to. Jeff

8. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Feed me and I will be happy!

Maybe we should go invade Jeff's house }:)

9. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, if anyone wants or needs any amsoil, let me know. I have some stuff at my house, but if I need any kinda of quantities I will need to pick it up. Just let me know what day.

Russ

10. Gspot

Gspot New Member

I'm due for an oil change on Sunday. I have good light, tools, collector, and a kerosene heater. All the way down in Lakeville though.

11. morganm

morganm New Member

Instead of saying COULD someone should say we ARE having it at .....

Then ppl will show up :D

12. jeff

jeff New Member

There will be an OCD (oil change day) at Jeff's house on the 30th of Jan. BYOO and filter. How about starting at noon or 1PM. e-mail for address and phone. Jeff

13. yosmiley

Jeff, thanks... looks like a plan for those of us with no heated garage LOL.

Oil and filter in hand for the 30th :D

14. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

OOOOOOOO, sounds like a good time to dial in that FHI Factory lift ;), and put on that "new" y-pipe! I'll try to be there!

15. morganm

morganm New Member

Sounds great Jeff, thanks for stepping up and hosting this :D

16. tbone

tbone Well-Known Member

Hey russ I request a oil filter from you.
    And jeff e mail me direction of OCD!!!

17. WRXdriver05

WRXdriver05 Guest

I'll make the journey to meet some of you guys, so if you could Jeff give me your address so I can do a mapquest or something like that.

18. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

well, i dont need an oil change...but it would be cool to see some of your guys's rides :D so perhaps i'll be there

19. WRXdriver05

WRXdriver05 Guest

I don't need a oil change either but it will be nice to take the Scoobie on a road trip and meet some of you all.

20. jeff

jeff New Member

WRX driver, It's a road trip just to find Vergas on Mapquest. Actually you don't need any reasons to BS about cars or bikes or whatever.

21. WRXdriver05

WRXdriver05 Guest

I went to Mapquest with the info you gave me Jeff and it wouldn't give me the exact address, it brings me to Brocton Ln and then into Hamel and that's where it ends. So I am gonna need some directions from you from that point when the time comes.

22. morganm

morganm New Member

EMAIL JEFF if you are going to come!

Click on his name to go to his profile. There you can email him and request directions. I don't blame him for not posting them up on here.... some CRAZY subaru owners might show up! :D

23. jeff

jeff New Member

I'm pretty sure I said E_MAIL ME for directions,I could have forgot though. and you're right. some crazy Subaru owners might show up.

24. morganm

morganm New Member

Wife just reminded me I have a nieces birthday party to go to on SUN. Doubt I'll be able to make it now. :(

25. WRXdriver05

WRXdriver05 Guest

.....sorry about that, I guess I will e-mail in the future. I didn't know we were under stage 4 terrorist watch on the website. :cool:

26. AWD 101

AWD 101 Well-Known Member

oooh, count me in... I've been putting this off :)

edit
    not going to make it after all... family obligation. At least it's been warmer lately.

27. jeff

jeff New Member

Is stage 4 terrorist alert orange or red?

28. WRXdriver05

WRXdriver05 Guest

I think it is a orange with a splash of red mixed with an amber alert with defcon 5 on the horizon......or something like that.

Anyway I think I have a passenger riding with me, Steve-O said he is gonna come and hang out. Also I think I am gonna try to put off getting the DP put on and have some of you assist(I mean assist as in I am not really a mechanical genius and if someone wants to step in and get it done in 5 minutes, I'm cool with that)

29. morganm

morganm New Member

So how'd it go? What did I miss? Lots of high speed upgrades? Pics? :D

30. Steve-o

Steve-o Administrator Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by morganm

It's this weekend....?

31. morganm

morganm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Steve-o

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by morganm

It's this weekend....?
    hah... I'm a week off [xx(]

32. morganm

morganm New Member

Okay it's on! I'll be there with a filter and jug of oil :D Only stipulation is I have to be home by 4pm; wife works Sundays. Its about a.... 45 min drive in a slow lifted subaru up to Maple Grove from Burnsville? Should be okay if I leave by 3pm.

33. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

I emailed for directions yesterday, I'll see ya there.

34. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Okay it's on! I'll be there with a filter and jug of oil :D Only stipulation is I have to be home by 4pm; wife works Sundays. Its about a.... 45 min drive in a slow lifted subaru up to Maple Grove from Burnsville? Should be okay if I leave by 3pm.

sorry man, I won't be there, so ya won't be able to see my hot new wheels, got stuff that needs doin up here.

35. yosmiley

Got my direction... oil and filter's in hand. May probably do tranny and rear diff fluid as well. We'll see if I get them on time.

36. WRXdriver05

WRXdriver05 Guest

and I bet everyone is excited to help me put on my downpipe!!!! but seriously, good times to be had putting it on...all the cool kids are doing it.

37. Steve-o

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WRXdriver05

and I bet everyone is excited to help me put on my downpipe!!!! but seriously, good times to be had putting it on...all the cool kids are doing it.

w00t, I hope there is space?

38. jeff

jeff New Member

OK, does anybody besides me think I should move before Sun?????Kidding:D

39. Steve-o

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jeff

I would.:roll:

40. morganm

morganm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jeff

Hey! Too late to wuss out now :D We're gonna be there weather you live there or not :mrgreen:

41. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member

Ill probably show up..

42. Steve-o

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dream

Ill probably show up..

oh fuk that... I'm out.:p

43. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

yikes, i havent read the boards in a while. good thing i caught this thread today (29th) is it too late to sign up? do you have a drain pan and a place to put oil up there? (or is it BYOB bring your own bucket?)

44. jeff

jeff New Member

You don't have to bring your own bucket. Already had one person come out who was only 1 day off. This persons identity shall be withheld by me. See y'all tomorrow

45. morganm

morganm New Member

Welp just wrote down the directions. I'll be leaving around noon !_! See yall around 1 :D