MUD!! : The Sequel

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Dynapar, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

Tonight, after a brief attempt ata board game, chuxwagon made a trip out to ye local mud pit. this time he was accompanied by the jeep, a ranger, and a beastly chevy truck. it was tons of fun. even ask chux, he had some issues with tree clearance and a hidden cinder block.

lotsa fun i have pics and videos. (i got a pic of chux when he was stuck) (it only happened once and i thnk all 4 tires were off the ground). chux also puled the ranger out twice.

Chevy was tons of fun in teh mud. bumpy due to liftage, and drank gas like crazy.

jeep ..... itsa jeep

ranger, got stuck twice. way home baja-d a ditch broke off bottom fogs, liscnces plate, bent front bumper under, tweeked pas fender, twisted crossmember so it now rubs on u joint.

2. BlackDubRX

BlackDubRX New Member

You can't post this without vids! C'mon man!!

3. morganm

morganm New Member

Sounds like a blast!

Tell the ranger driver thats what happens to people who offroad in ditches. :mad: It's illegal for more than one reason :p

4. Klesk

Klesk Well-Known Member

YOu didn't drive man? What?! I wanna see videos please!!!:D
    BTW whos got the ranger?

5. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Harmann's 2WD Ranger!!! That's why it got stuck, when I got stuck, I was pretty high-centered, and one back wheel way up off the ground, if my rear diff wasn't open, I might have had better luck.

unfortunately, I don't have a memory card reader, or my digi cam's cable here at my parents house, so my pics will have to wait until sunday night. I have videos too....(Morgan...do you mind hosting them again?)

had a great time, cut it a bit close to a tree and ripped my roof rack off, along with the trim it was attached to. but we were out there for a couple hours, and it was nice and soft, and the subaru went everywhere the trucks did, and I STILL haven't cranked up the FHI lift. Also just did the rear disc brake conversion before we left, so the system was not sufficiently bled, and the resivoir was a bit low.

As for the ditch incident, he was coming home doing about 85-90 in a 55, so a cop come over the hill from the other direction and stand on his brakes. As soon as he was out of sight, my friend shut off his lights, and aimed for a driveway, and missed. busted up the front bumper, and twisted the crossmember under the driveshaft carrier. nothing a pipe, BFH, and monkey wrench couldn't fix.

6. morganm

morganm New Member

That's highly comical Ranger ditch action.

I would be happy to host it. Currently webprogrammers.net is down though. Dunno when it will be back up :(

7. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

i got pics, but i have nowhere to host em. chux i will give em to you on cd tonight, maybe you have some open slots on mnsubie. the videos arent the best as i have already stated. very dark, and short. they are also very high res. so the clip of chux pulling out the ranger is liek 15 seconds but like 20megs. not to mention that huge 114meg video i got (from inside the chevy) where you cant see anythign cuase its soo dark out (headlights covered in mud)

8. Dream

Dream Well-Known Member