My front wheel bearings seem shot

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by FuJi K, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

After a hard day at St. Cloud, it seems my front wheel bearings are shot. AND of course, my tires are worn unevenly so I get a little shakyness in the steering wheel.... plus my brake feels is deep, must be the gasses that formed during my hard braking.

Anyway, I'm more concerned about my wheels bearings... I'll take her out this friday so you guy(s) could inspect.

2. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Time to get a job, Fue. :p You know the sound that emits when the bearings fail? It's a non-stop groaning sound you can hear when you're moving.

3. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

Time to get a liscense! ;)

4. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

Isnt that re-test today?

5. Zola

Zola Well-Known Member

re-test? he didn't pass the original??

6. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zola

re-test? he didn't pass the original??

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

A little bird told me that he revved at a Subaru owner, ran a red light, and honked at an old lady crossing the street (and laughed). LOL! J/K, Fuji is still in the works of finalizing his permit. :p

7. bikerboy

Do you even know the conciquences of getting a ticket w/o a DL?

minumum of two tickets

one for original offence that got you pulled over
    one for no DL
    Do you have insurance?

They will tow your car!
    towing charges
    storage charges

my quick math says that is going to be in the neighborhood of 1000.00 plus a ban from driving for at least a year.

Is it worth it?

8. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

He's gonna get it today. HOPEFULLY so we can go vroom vroom and not have to worry....

9. jprice

jprice Well-Known Member

No license = no Insurance = BAAAAD!!!!!! (seriously, big trouble for that if something happens and someone gets hurt! It's NOT worth it)

10. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

Off-topic guys......

Re-test Wednesday..... *Will look over shoulders while changing lanes*

11. bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jprice

No license = no Insurance = BAAAAD!!!!!! (seriously, big trouble for that if something happens and someone gets hurt! It's NOT worth it)

<font size="4"><font color="red">jail</font id="red"></font id="size4">

OT or not you are part of our comunity. Your a subi owner and you represent us as well, dont give me a bad name. Or at least a worse name than I already have.

I have a stack of 20 plus tickets from the last few years. I know what it is like to go to JAIL and dont want others to go through that.

M

12. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by jprice

<font size="4"><font color="red">jail</font id="red"></font id="size4">
    I have a stack of 20 plus tickets from the last few years. I know what it is like to go to JAIL and dont want others to go through that.

M

For Real MATT? I always wonder why you're so hard-core. Where do the income come from anyways? Bank Robberies:p. 20 tickets is a lot for 1 year........

FUJI, did you go take the test yet? Bring a vehicle with A/C or the instructor may fail you for that ;)LOLZ

13. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

ahahahaaa....oh you experience it first hand....ahahaahaha.....funny....ahahahaha.....yep time to get job.....

14. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by subi_2.5rs

ahahahaaa....oh you experience it first hand....ahahaahaha.....funny....ahahahaha.....yep time to get job.....

Lee; You also need a JOB!:eek:

15. bikerboy

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

M

"the last few years" with out looking I would say since 1994

these are just the ones issued not the ones I actually have. I have no tickets on my record in the last three years.

What do i do for work? LOL Ask Matt H he will tell you LOL

16. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

On Topic: Start fixing up that car, you gotta pay if you're gonna play!

Off Topic for Fuji: *Shakes head and crawled back into the hole*

Off Topic for Matt: Jail? No wonder Matt walks funny :D

17. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by yosmiley

Off Topic for Matt: Jail? No wonder Matt walks funny :D

:eek:

18. bikerboy

:(!

19. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

:(!

[Homer Simpson] DoH![xx(] [/Homer Simpson]

20. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

I was bleeding my brakes and did that routine check on the suspenion. Front passenger wheel bearing is shot.

What's the cost on these things? $80? How about doing this at home, would it be possible?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.