My new addition from Streichers...(Firearm owners, post up your pics inside)

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ShortytheFirefighter, Sep 9, 2007.

1. ShortytheFirefighter

ShortytheFirefighter Pokemans. I has none. Staff Member

...A Remington 870 12ga Police Magnum:

Obligatory foot shot:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one with my Kimber 1911s in .45ACP and .22LR (Custom TLE II and Rimfire Target):

[​IMG]

I'd been looking for one of these for a while and almost bought a similar one a couple of weeks ago, but I got a phone call from a friend of mine at Streichers and got this for less than $150. It was part of a load of used ones from the ND State Patrol. Brand new this would be over $500. The fun thing about the 870 is that they're the small block Chevrolet of shotguns, there are so many parts and accessories out there that you can do pretty much anything you want to them. With just a few parts changed out you can have anything from a short barrel home defense gun to a long barrel bird gun, or anything in between.

LagWagon likes this.
  2. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

someone's been playing too much counter strike.

tehfuzz likes this.
  3. Saabaru

Saabaru Well-Known Member

I've got a Benelli Super Nova Pump (3 1/2" 12 ga. ftw for ducks/geese), a Remington 870 Express Magnum Youth Model 20 ga. for the brush, the very very old and very reliable Winchester Model 70 .270 for the deer, and also the Winchester model 90 30-30 that every person has- nice gun for hunting in thick woods- but very dangerous gun. pics soon.

4. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

I will see if I can get some of mine up later.

5. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

Can anyone tell me about a particular handgun S&W .40 4006(If I remember correctly) My father in law has been trying to sell us one for the last few weeks and I really don't know the specifics on certain models/types. if this is too much of a hijack:) feel free to pm.

6. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

nice looking guns.

I have a Ruger 10/22. I love this gun for plinking its too much fun and easy on the wallet.

I am thinking about getting a Walther/S&W P22. Otherwise I just might up and get a Springfield 1911. lotsa money though. too many things i want to buy...

7. ShortytheFirefighter

The Walther P22s are a riot to shoot, they're pretty reliable and they have a ton of accessories for them. They're just a bit too small for my hands, which is part of why I bought my Kimber .22. Look at the Kimber 1911s also, they are very, very competitive with Springfield Armory pistols. One nice thing about them is that you can get a .22 conversion kit for either and shoot .45 or .22 out of the same pistol. Great for training and plinking purposes. The 1911s are a lot of money, but to me they're worth it. My next pistol will probably be either a Kimber Warrior or an HK USP Tactical Compact or a standard USP. A Sig Sauer 226 is also on that list of things to get eventually. Another great .22 pistol to look at with the P22 is the Sig Mosquito, it's a 90% scale Sig 226 and I've heard great things about those too.

The 4006 is a decent pistol, I haven't really heard any glaring flaws about them. CA State Patrol uses them as a duty sidearm, so they should be a pretty reliable piece. I've never liked S&W pistols (other than their 1911s) because they don't seem to fit my hand right. That's the most important thing, make sure you like how the gun feels and that you can point it naturally and use all of the controls in a timely manner. I have the same complaint about them that I do about Glocks, I can't stand how they feel in my hand and I can't stand the trigger on them. I think it's plain awful, but anyone coming from a 1911 is going to think that with just about any other type of pistol. Take a look at it, make sure there isn't a whole lot of wear and tear on the slide rails and barrel, check for any corrosion (they're stainless, so there shouldn't be too much) and make sure you like how it fits and feels in your hand. The controls should be instinctive to manipulate. The .40S&W cartridge is a good one, a lot of LE agencies are using it and there are plenty of ammunition choices out there for it. If you like it and the price is good, go for it!

8. LVT

LVT Well-Known Member

i have one! check out my avatar! on the other hand that's some big guns you're packing brian! I don't even have my firearm saftey yet.........

9. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

The P22 looks like alot of fun for taking out cans. which is the majority of my shooting. Kimber makes amazing stuff however they seem to be more money than I can afford. I have heard good things about SA so far and they have pretty good pricing. I will have to look at the Sig. My dad has a few Sigs, and they are really nice. hmmm more options...

10. kvang

kvang Well-Known Member

My S&W 44 Mag.

I'll post my .308 FAL later.

11. Jackstand

Jackstand Well-Known Member

I have a Colt .223 AR-15 with the same bore pattern as the military it has a M4 collapsible stock and a compensator & finally a swat issue scope. I also have a Ruger 10/22 rifle with a 2x scope, a single shot ruger 22, a 20g browning pump shotgun, a CZ 9mm/22 mm (u can change the barrels) Pistol, and finally a .32 mauser that was from WWII. Ill try to get some pics up.

12. dipp

dipp Well-Known Member

this thread reminds me of family guy (Hi im pete the pistol, if you squeeze me just right i make the bad people go away)

13. Jackstand

Jackstand Well-Known Member

lol truth

14. ShortytheFirefighter

The Kimbers and Springfield Armory pistols are actually very close in pricing. The main difference is that Springfield has their G.I. line, which tend to be cheaper because they don't have some of the options that a baseline Kimber does. Apples to apples, they're very comparable, to the point where it really is down to whichever you prefer. You won't go wrong either way. Springfield makes issue sidearms for the FBI Hostage Rescue Team, Kimber makes them for LAPD SWAT (TLE II), and the MEUSOC (Marine Expeditionary Unit Special Operations Capable) teams (Kimber Warrior). Either one will serve you well.

The Mosquito is a fun little pistol, and they're not much more than a long barreled P22. Usually less than $400 will get you one out the door. My only gripe with the P22 is that it was just a bit too small for my hands. Control wasn't the issue, just comfort. The Mosquito doesn't have that problem for me. If I were you, I'd save up the extra coin and get a 1911, either a Springfield or a Kimber. Find a .22LR or .17HMR conversion kit, then you can shoot both rounds out of the same gun. That's the route I was going to go until I found my Rimfire Target. I got it used for not much more than a conversion kit was going to cost, and it's functionally and ergonomically identical to my .45 so it feels the same shooting either one. I still want to get a .17HMR kit for my .45, that is a fun little round and makes the .22 look like a BB gun.

15. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

My .243 sniper. Remington model 700, the military is using the gun now, just not in the same caliber.

[​IMG]

16. bummpy

bummpy New Member

I always thought guns were kind of fun, but then again, I always grew up in a house-hold where they were frowned upon.

I don't think I'll ever own one myself, although I'd like to go shooting sometime.

I think the idea that you'd ever vanquish a bad guy is kind of romantic, but in the end, I think guns end up having a better function as entertainment/hobby than anything else.

17. piddster

piddster Lone Wolf

Damn Brian, how many rounds does that 870 hold? Also, does it have adjustable choke tubes, or is it fixed? Sometimes it would be nice to have 9-10 rounds availible when bird hunting.

I've got a Remmington 700BDL 30-06 that kicks like a mule, and pwns deer when used with moly coated nosler partitions. I need a nice shotgun though. My Mossberg just doesn't cut it anymore, although reliable.

18. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

my stinkin camera is not working right now...
    i've got 2 marlins, a 30/30 and .357 cowboy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

an h&r .223.
    [​IMG]

soon to pick up a TC .22 bull
    [​IMG]

and maybe, if i get a freaking job, a sig in .45acp
    [​IMG]

19. ShortytheFirefighter

It's an 18in barrel, so 6 in the tube plus one in the chamber for a total of 7. The 20in barrel versions hold 7+1. I've seen as many as 10rd extensions, you just have to get a longer barrel. It's also a fixed (improved cylinder on police models) choke.

20. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

That is one fine foot you got there:yumyum:

21. ShortytheFirefighter

Glad you like it sailor. ;)

Got my new Knoxx stock put on this afternoon, I can't wait to try it out. They claim up to 95% recoil reduction, even on 3in Magnum buckshot and slug loads. Their site has several good videos showing them in action. Knoxx also has a contract with Remington, several of their new models come equipped with this stock from the factory. I'll have some pictures up later this weekend, but so far the gun feels more controllable and I think it points more naturally.

Here's a pic from Remingtons site, my stock is the one on top:

[​IMG]

www.knoxx.com

22. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

my Buddies Barret 50 Calibur... still want to go have a shot of it...

23. PRA4SNO

PRA4SNO Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Shibbs, I have the same rifle in the 270 variety. I wouldnt trade my R 700 for anything.

The military has always been a big fan of the Remington 700. Its been a service rifle for quite some time. Its also a favorite with law enforcement. I believe they shoot .308 from the remington, as its a NATO caliber.

Except maybe a Sako TRG-22 :)
    [​IMG]

This is what I hunt birds with:
    Beretta over and under silver pigeon. 20th anniversary roughed grouse edition ;)

[​IMG]

My other guns are:

Browning BPS Junior Edition. Will be hanging on to that to train my kids in with (when I have some)

I also have my grand fathers no name .22 with iron sights.

Its a great gun for hunting squirrels. The things accuracy is unreal.

24. PRA4SNO

oh and I have a .177 bb/pellet gun.

25. gran0393

gran0393 Well-Known Member

i just have a good ol remington 1300 pump, nothing special but it'll drop a bird for me. also have a rifled barrel for deer. shoot 3"mag slugs

26. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

I've got a Rem800 12-ga 3" at home too, didn't think it was worth mentioning.

However, I do like stealth as well:
    [​IMG]

27. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

^^ Its a HoytUSA Intruder. (Old model, still a GREAT bow) Not set too high being as I don't use it much anymore, since I got hassled by the cops for shooting ON THE ARCHERY RANGE when I lived in Hutchinson. Something about shooting a weapon in public.... What a joke.
    [​IMG]

EDIT: I shoot release, just for the crazy accuracy and consistency. Its not hard to split nocks at 25 yards. :cool:

28. EtchyLives

EtchyLives Well-Known Member

All this talk of guns, and me with a wad of cash coming in... Brian, does your friend have line on any more shotguns? I want one of those (ostensibly for home defense, but in reality for shotgun fun) and a small CCW-able .40.

29. AWD_PWNZ

AWD_PWNZ New Member

This is my buddy's shotgun he let us shoot with for the day.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

Cool, great find on the 870 po-po issue. Please let me know if you become aware of a similar value.

Hand guns are gay relative to the self-defense beauty of a 12G with buckshot.

31. EtchyLives

EtchyLives Well-Known Member

I agree. That's why I want the 12G for the house. The small handgun is for me when I travel/go to school/hang out in a dark parking lot with some freak in a minivan cruising by.

32. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Good luck swinging around a shottie in a narrow hallway tho.

I just have to stand up for my dream gun - Desert Eagle .50 cal A&E. Oh what pure sexiness that thing is. And weighted perfectly, too. So little recoil for what a huge chunk of lead its throwing!

*comes in his pants a little*

33. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

my gun can shoot over 2,000 rounds a minute :)

34. Soupboy

That's what a collapsible/folding stock is for.

The DE is a "Hollywood gun". Very little practical application. If you have a semi for a handgun get a venerable .45 ACP and be did.

35. Soupboy

Sounds expensive. Pray tell what it is?

Are you a Class 2 firearms dealer?

36. curly2k3

curly2k3 Well-Known Member

WDP Angel G7 Fly, paintball is expensive but its well worth it :laugh: and its only about 1,400 new :roll:

37. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

PB = homozex.

lawl

38. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

i'm just filling out my permit to purchase on a 357 right now. :)

39. Bielke55

Bielke55 Well-Known Member

Wow how did you bribe your friend into taking this photo?

40. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Carry and Conceal: Walther P99 FTW in my case... also have a Sig 229 Crimson Tracer for show and tell ;D along with a HK USP Compact.

Hunting gear, I use my handy dandy Benelli SBE II.

41. Shibbs

Shibbs The Daywalker

Yeah, no kidding.

No person; set it on a shelf, timer, and run. hahaha

42. PRA4SNO

I used my beretta this weekend.

Took two grouse and a snowshoe rabbit up north on a hunting trip. We grilled the rabbit at the hunting cabin, and I just ate one of the birds. Yum.

43. TRUBLU

TRUBLU New Member

There is just something wrong with an Aussie holding a weapon of that caliber.

44. nightracerwrx

nightracerwrx New Member

I have shot that on a few occasions. Pretty fun gun to shoot, get a good scope for that bad boy.

45. Dizmal

Dizmal Well-Known Member

:yumyum::cool:

[​IMG]

tehfuzz and optimusrob like this.