My talk with SOA

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by Substeroo, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

MY ORIGINAL MAIL:

I noticed that I have a recall on my front spring gaurds. Does SoA only replace the front spring gaurds even if the springs are rusted? Or do they replace the springs as well? Thanks, Noah

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Miwa:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for taking the time to e-mail us. Per the Product Campaign Bulletin WWE88, the sevice will consist of inspection of the Front Coil Springs for corrosion and installation of a spring guard that will protect your tires in case of a coil spring failure. If the front coil springs break at any time after the front spring guards are installed, you are elligible to have broken springs replaced at no cost to you, even if your vehicle is out of warranty.

We hope this answers any concerns you may have. If you have any other questions, please contact us at 1-800-SUBARU3 (800-782-2783) and refer to case number 626810. This will help expedite your call.

Sincerely,

Steve Sampson

2. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Is the recall for your supercar or is it for your daily beater? :cool: Did you notice anything funny with the front spring gaurds or something?

3. Substeroo

This is for my wife's supercar. ;) The Leggymobile.
    I went to them last year (when they put a huge dent in the door and didn't take responsibility, F**kin White Bear) to get the spring gaurds put on and they said they had a nation wide back order for them. And they said that they would call me when they get some. They never called. So, now I'm trying to find out because my springs are rusty at the bottom where there is peeling paint. Subaru never put them on, and they "may have mis-applied the paint on the springs during manufacturing." and due to this, "owners in the salt belt area may have rusty springs that break and puncture the tire and cause rapid deflation of the tire." Or something like that. So, now they are putting on spring gaurds that protect the tire from being punctured.

4. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

I have had bad experience with White Bear also }:)

5. Substeroo

Yeah, when ever I hear someone say how they have to go to the dealership, I always tell them NOT WB Subaru!!! :(!

6. MNAutomatic

MNAutomatic New Member

that blows they aint taking responsibility. I have always delt with minnetonka subaru right next to ridgedale and have yet to have a problem. Made friends with a few of the service people there and they have always taken care of me with no questions. Is there any one dealership that is better than the rest who knows about mnsubaru

7. Substeroo

That would be the one off of 494. It's Morries Subaru. :)

8. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

in Brooklyn Park :D

9. Jakezor

Jakezor Guest

Even though I live a few miles from White Bear Subaru I refuse to spend any money there at all. They were giant pricks when I went in to scope out buying my WRX.

I ended up having a contact through Morries group and purchased my car from Minnetonka.

10. Substeroo

See! [xx(]
    No one likes them!
    [xx(][xx(]

11. k_thaosta

k_thaosta Well-Known Member

I don't like WBL Subaru and I even bought my WRX from them!!!

12. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

lol...**** good thing i didnt go there....**** that sucks...so which dealer is the best or a recommand to go to?

13. wall of tvs

wall of tvs Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by subi_2.5rs

lol...**** good thing i didnt go there....**** that sucks...so which dealer is the best or a recommand to go to?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Morrie's Subaru in either Minnetonka or Brooklyn Park.

14. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

oh ok..thank...

15. AspitFire

AspitFire Well-Known Member

yeah, morries in brooklyn park, is where i purchased my car, a friend of the family is the fleet manager there, and they are super nice there.

16. DISCOPOPE

DISCOPOPE Well-Known Member

Brooklyn Park shop is where i go...
    there are a few coneheads at the mntka location.....

the sales manager was 'too busy to take my call' everytime i tried to talk to him about ordering my car.
    funny because after getting frustrated with no response, we ordered an sti, a gt40, 2 350 powerstroke fords, 2 econoline delivery vans, and 2 huge boat haulers from the ford fleet salesman. (imagine that spiff check.)

17. Substeroo

wowzers! :eek:

18. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

From my experience the morries in minnetonka is the best. the people there are nice and knowledgeable. also i am not sure if other subaru dealerships are doing this, but minnetonka had a owners meeting a few months ago for all of the new subie owners to get together for food/drinks and talk with service people while getting free maintanance. a word of caution if you are going to buy a subbie from a non subbie dealer BEWARE we have baughten 2 one from rudy luther toyota in minnetonka and one from minnesota motors. both had been in accidents that we were not told about at the dealership. the one at rudy luthers had a bent cam shaft, the one from minnesota motors has minor front end damage (cosmetic). i will only buy another subbie from morries!!

19. rmrf

rmrf Well-Known Member

I bought mine from Brooklyn Park and have never had a worse experience buying a car. The salesman was a dick to my wife, and my car was in an accident that I was not told about. My car also had a few things covered by warranty, so the salesman said he would get the parts in and call me to get them taken care of. That was 3 months ago with no word to this day. I will never go back, but for those that have good luck with them, good for you.

I also had a bad experience at the Minnetonka Morries. I waited for 30 minutes just to talk to someone, then another 15 to get a test drive. I finally got a test drive, but I had to go with a Saab salesman that looked like he was on the brink of death. I asked him a few questions about the car, but he said he didn't know anything about the car, he was just along for supervision on the test drive. He only let me drive from the 394 east exit to hopkins crossroads, and made me take the frontage road the rest of the way back.

From my experiences, and hearing of others, Subaru needs to get a new idea of what service is. One of my best experiences was at all places, an Acura dealer.

20. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of your experiences, Darrick. Auto sales people are generally biased people. They make money on commission, and if you don't look like a person who they think is going to buy something, you don't get service. Try going to a Lexus dealership. You'll get no service unless you look like you make $50+K.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.