Need help remounting engine (Coon Rapids area)

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by terrorgen, May 18, 2017.

1. terrorgen

terrorgen Member

Hello,

Car: 2010 Impreza manual
    Modifications: None
    Problem Description: The engine front mount studs are 1/2 inch away from the mount hole. I tried to remove the dog bone but couldn't remove the fasteners.
    Recent Modifications/Maintenance: None

Need some help from you guys who have swapped/remounted an engine and have the tools to do it.

The car is in Coon Rapids.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  2. terrorgen

terrorgen Member

Since no one replied I decided to try my luck once more. I removed the dog bone fasteners with a bit of silicone penetrating fluid then pushed the engine from the front of the car, by hand. The driver's side engine mount dropped into the crossbar within a minute of violently pushing. The passenger's side took much longer, but eventually it is in as well. Went under the car to install the bolts for the engine mount.

While putting everything back together the neighbor approached me to tell me I shouldn't work on cars in the driveway. It is in the HOA rules she said.

Sometimes HOA rules are such PITA.

silver03 likes this.
  3. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Did you ask the ***** where the **** she was when you needed a hand earlier? Her timing sucks. Unless you were still lying in the driveway and she had a skirt on...and is hot.

Sometimes neighbors are such a PITA.

4. terrorgen

terrorgen Member

eww no thanks...