Nemadji Trail Rally June23rd- Worker $$

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Scuba Steve, May 23, 2012.

1. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

Nemadji Trail Rally 1A/1B June 23rd 2012

The regional rallies we've all come to love and appreciate are back in 2012 with competitor written notes and a two pass recce!

Each Course
    Total course distance: 26.76 miles
    Number of special stages: 2
    Number of gravel stages: 2
    Total distance of Special Stages: 16.58 miles
    Type of road surface: Hard packed class 5 gravel, occasionally rocky, tight and twisty.

Word on notes: You are NOT required to use the competitor written notes.

The notes will be provided to all competitors at NO ADDITIONAL COST and are 100% optional. You still have the option to use tulips. During registration you will make your selection. If you elect notes you will be required to complete a two pass recce.

Mandatory recce: Each team that elects to run notes during the rally MUST successfully complete a 2 pass recce before the event. The recce will take place the morning of the event and conducted in a parade formation. You may use your competition vehicle. Any violations during recce may result in immediate disqualification from the rally. No refunds if disqualified.

Novice school: There will be a mandatory novice school the morning of the event. If you elect to use notes for the first time you are required to attend. If you have not participated in an event with recce you are required to attend.

Word from the Chairman: Offering competitor written notes at Nemadji Trail 1A/1B is only a trial. If we have a positive experience providing notes we will consider offering them at Nemadji 2 in July.

The notes provided to you will include basic instruction information such as mileage, corners, and crests and must not be compared to the stage notes offered at other Rally America events.

Worker incentives: Get the word out! Ziptie Rally Team is sponsoring $250 worker prizes to be raffled off after the rally! All volunteers pre-registered will be entered in raffle drawing for $$ http://www.rallymasterpro.com/workers/

Please see Nemadji Trail 1 thread on www.specialstage.com for additional information

Online Registrationwww.rally-america.com

See you in the woods!!!

2. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Well-Known Member

Worker incentives: Get the word out! Ziptie Rally Team is sponsoring $250 worker prizes to be raffled off after the rally! All volunteers pre-registered will be entered in raffle drawing for $$ http://www.rallymasterpro.com/workers/

3. SurlyOldManMN

SurlyOldManMN Omdat fok jou Staff Member

wooooo! Tentatively in for working. That's the weekend after I get back from Redmond so it might be a little tight, but I'm all over this if I can swing it. I'm still need my fix after last summer's shenanigans.

4. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

The Swift is nearly ready to go. Can't wait to hit the stages for the first time in the drivers seat.

5. RexNEffect

RexNEffect Well-Known Member

Want to work it, but gotta check the schedule. So far, I'm pretty sure that weekend is open.

6. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I think I will actually be able to make this one.

Russ

7. carl

carl Well-Known Member

come out and see the new car! Not many locals have actually seen it since I built it last summer

[​IMG]

8. FlatBlackIan

FlatBlackIan Active Member

Less then a week away. Is everybody ready?

9. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

I am so pumped for this!
    Who is coming up besides us Ziptie folks?

10. carl

carl Well-Known Member

no one. map proving grounds same weekend, scheduling fail

11. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

I guess so. Fail town is right.

12. SurlyOldManMN

I might come up with my kid for a day. There is no way I'm getting away with heading up for the weekend after only being home one day. Marriage fail. I think I can swing showing up and watching for a couple hours if I take my son though. Pretty sure he'd dig it. He was all kinds of pissed off last time he saw the old Ziptie car at a Morries event and I had to explain we just got to look at the cars and they wouldn't actually be racing that day.

13. carl

carl Well-Known Member

nemadji is a no spectator event (meaning you can't just show up anytime, watch and then leave). The only way to actually see the cars racing is to volunteer as a stage marshal. It's really the same thing except you have a better view than a spectator point but you're committed to being there for the entire race. (still doable as a 1 day)

http://nemadjitrail.com/volunteers/

14. SurlyOldManMN

Ah, bummer. I wouldn't be comfortable having my five year old with me while marshaling. Thanks for the heads up.