New 150k mile member

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by pbedroske, Jan 17, 2017.

1. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

On an icy county road, I passed 150,000 miles on my 2004 WRX. I bought it new in 03 and I've largely done all of the miles, mods and maintenance on it myself or with help from friends. My wife and I have 3 kids now so it doesn't get as much attention anymore. It is still my daily driver because what else would I drive 13 miles to work on country roads in the winter?
    I still get comments about it, mostly from a younger crowd now - I was invited to join mnsubiez. B-rad at Discount tire was surprised I still drive it.

Anyone else with high miles still one-owners?

Deathly and tangledupinblu like this.
  2. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

I'm the second owner of my 06 2.5I. Bought it with 27xxx miles. I'm just over 190xxx now. I love my car! This year will be the 200K celebration!

3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Wish that i was a "single owner", but finances have never allowed me to go new. I have 273,355 miles that i've driven in my bugeyes tho(between the 2). ;)

And i still remember the day that your avatar came into existence! That was some scary chit! Hahaha

Deathly and pbedroske like this.
  4. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

Even though it is 13 years old it still looks cool!

5. pbedroske

pbedroske Well-Known Member

Deadly combination of brand new tires, overly stiff suspension, gravel on blacktop at a corner and trying to avoid oncoming Aston Martin. I think I was probably going less than 30mph at the time, but the drop-off the cliff maybe 20 yards from the road was scary.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  6. thomas franz

thomas franz Well-Known Member

I picked up my 02 wrx at 185k. It now has 235k and runs fantastic. The car has had some serious issues but has never stranded me.