New exhaust for 2012 Outback 3.6R???

Discussion in 'Modifications And Maintenance' started by Soupboy, Dec 24, 2014.

1. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

Just picked up another Outback 3.6R. Want to add an axle/cat/header back exhaust dumping into a single can. Looks like nil aftermarket bolt on options. Tricks, tips, or suggestions ?

Ideally, I'd like to get Maddad Whisper like rubelz - i.e. no drone cruising, nice growl at WOT .

Thx in advance

2. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Here ya go, these should fit the outback also (that's just an educated guess though): http://shop.namelessperformance.com/2010-legacy-gt-3-6r-axleback-exhaust/

I almost bought the deletes for mine, but decided against it. I like my DD quiet.

FWIW, I believe the 08+ wrx aftermarket sedan mufflers can be fit onto the 10+ legacy 3.6R, and presumably the outback.

3. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

For reference:

Sounds pretty good if you ask me!

souy07 likes this.
  4. Soupboy

Soupboy Well-Known Member

Thanks TMF. I've got a question into Nameless about the fitment for those. Found them on the Outback forum. Unclear as to whether or not the hangers and/or tabs need to be modified to clear the Outback bumper since the OE mufflers tip down ~45d.

5. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

I see, let us know what you find out! Forgot about the angle difference.

6. STi_From_DSM

STi_From_DSM Well-Known Member

I have nameless axel back on my 13 WRX. No mufflers on mine. Fairly decent drone on the highway. If you don't want that I would get the mufflers.