New guy with the 02 white wagon

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by Wrxcked_, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Wrxcked_

Wrxcked_ Member

I'm sure some of you know about the 02 white wagon with the 6 spd swap and brembos that was on CL for awhile at import auto sales.. well I bought that. New to mnsubaru! Actually looking for the previous owner for info but on here for meets, discussions, parts etc etc. i was told he's on here so show yourself!

Silky21L and idget like this.
  2. joebush44

joebush44 Well-Known Member

Silky21L, pillboy and Krazylegz1485 like this.
  3. Wrxcked_

Wrxcked_ Member

Took it off the lot yesterday actually! Thank you. looks like nobody had anything good to say about that lot.

4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Pics!

Hopefully you guys can get it sorted out! If so, it definitely has potential!

5. Wrxcked_

Wrxcked_ Member

Silky has a couple pics up on the previous thread he made but I'll be taking more soon. Thank you, I'm excited to get things started.

6. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Welcome. I hope we were all wrong.

sneefy likes this.
  7. Nhibbs

Nhibbs Well-Known Member

Weeellllll well welcome.

[​IMG]

Jk, but ur friend said we had to be nice to you and nobody tells me what to do.

tehfuzz, Krazylegz1485 and Wrxcked_ like this.
  8. Wrxcked_

Wrxcked_ Member

Agreed. You can be the juiciest peach on the peach tree, but there will still be somebody that doesnt like peaches. I do wish I could've sent it to JM before hand, but things will be done to prevent it from puking it's guts out.

9. idget

idget Want to pokéman? PM ShortytheFirefighter Staff Member

Fortunately for you, @Nhibbs has hairy little peaches.

10. Silky21L

Silky21L Well-Known Member

Hahaha

Wrxcked_ likes this.
  11. housemusic1

housemusic1 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully this rig works out for you. So.........just out of curiosity:

1. Why didn't they want to let you take it off the lot? Your buddy's thread mentioned something about the address on your ID had to match the address on the loan?

2. Was a pre buy inspection even considered (from JM, or anybody)?

3. Did they offer a carfax, or any vehicle history?

4. What are your future plans for the car?

5. Did they offer a warranty of any kind, so you're not totally screwed if this thing goes into torpedo mode in a month?

***Sorry for all the questions, its been a very interesting read over on the "Anybody know this car" thread. Now that you're here, fill us in!

Wrxcked_ likes this.
  12. Wrxcked_

Wrxcked_ Member

Thanks. I did check reviews and did my research btw, reviews seemed well put and very sincere. So they weren't letting me bc it was policy, they needed to have all of the proper information they needed to send to the bank via fax before the bank gave the A-OK. This was my first purchase from a dealer, thought it was just stipulations, wasn't my place to argue. No the inspection wasn't offered, again my first purchase, nobody was there to hold my hand so it wasn't mentioned to me either, didn't know it was possible otherwise I would have. They do offer carfax, label me an idiot. If it makes you sleep better, I feel like one bc I never asked for it, no excuses. Title status was NOT regarded on the CL post, regret not asking. No warranty on modded vehicles, they have a policy on it, I read it bc I wanted a warranty. Future plans? Besides all the maintenence I'll be doing ASAP, eventually a VF turbo from my buddies 04, DP, exhaust and tune. Nothin special, it's got most of the goodies i wanted besides an fmic. Lookin to get 350-400 if that's not unrealistic for it. I'll be content with that. Now you know everything haha.

Eazy_E_Rich likes this.
  13. Wrxcked_

Wrxcked_ Member

I was previously driving a focus, silky made it clear I should keep that if it does torpedo , ill have something to fall back on.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  14. tangledupinblu

He's a pretty smart guy! :)

15. jubella2

jubella2 GC8 FTW

Good luck, I hope the car works out well for you and that it is a fun project.

Wrxcked_ likes this.
  16. Silky21L

Meh, don't assume to much. Lol

Wrxcked_ and tangledupinblu like this.
  17. tangledupinblu

I meant "for your age". :D

Silky21L likes this.
  18. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

Carfax isn't as good as everyone says it is. It only records things that were REPORTED. Good luck with your new car! If it does grenade on you, you've got a nice project to work on!

Wrxcked_ likes this.
  19. GrawvyRobber

GrawvyRobber Active Member

20. Wrxcked_

Wrxcked_ Member

What a dumb question, why would I part out a car that runs just fine?

21. Silky21L

20170820_150833-720x1280.jpg current situation, update yall soon.

22. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

On jack stands and a loose turbo inlet. Do tell.

23. Silky21L

@Wrxcked_ did a timing belt with water pump, and the old stuff looked pretty clean. Previous owner said he traded it in soon after the motor was built. New valve cover gaskets went in and he found some cosworth camshafts hiding in there. I coated the intake manifold a textured light blue for him. PO says its all forged internals, that will hopefully not be confirmed for awhile. We just finished up a compression test..... 165ish across all four!

GrawvyRobber and tangledupinblu like this.
  24. skubi1

skubi1 Well-Known Member

From the pic, your first mod should be get in date tabs. Second, take off the dealer license plate frame :D

Silky21L and Wrxcked_ like this.
  25. Wrxcked_

Wrxcked_ Member

Patience, haha I have tabs. Haven't put them on yet and the license plates are all effed up around the edges, I'm waiting to buy frames with my tow hooks and shift knob here shortly.

26. Silky21L

Next up, accesport, rally armor flaps, and a sweet vape. Lol

27. JasonoJordan

JasonoJordan Well-Known Member

FYI when getting a car transfered to your name they give you the option to replace the plates and highly encourage it if they are damaged. At least my DMV told me that anyway.

28. Wrxcked_

Wrxcked_ Member

So guys , it's been awhile. Spent all weekend getting everything back together and getting it started with success! And it sounds healthy. Starting from the beginning( I don't have pictures) I took the intake out, and had it powdercoated a wrinkled blue which looks great. I bought an up pipe and down pipe gasket , 2 exhaust gaskets, cam seals , upper and lower intake gaskets , throttle body gasket , and valve cover gaskets. (Was seeping pretty bad out of the pass side and driver side cam seal, but not bad). Installed all of those including, gates TB /WP kit with the help of my brother. Considered Perrin crank pulley, passed. After that pulled the turbo, 3 broken bolt and $75 later retapped and bolted up a full catless invidia n1 up to the td05. It needed an intercooler coupler set and the upper brembo bolt retapped as well. PO says 03 heads and the block is from an 05 STI with full forged internals, I cannot confirm the crank or pistons , but it has cosworth cams that are. (I pulled a sequence from the passenger side intake and exhuast which are
    Pr7840 & B0623
    If someone wants to see if they can find what they are? I have an idea but not positive. Possibly 274? Along with the cams, unknown brand headers and up pipe. Big fuel rails and I'm guessing 785 or 880 cc ultimate racing injectors. Good? Tgv deletes. NGK iridium plugs were in there, looked good. Compression test went well and was filled with rosella t6 of course. It has a samco inlet, turbo xs tmic and blow off valve, greddy cc, koyorad radiator, unknown coils in the front and seems like forester struts in the back, I'll be changing the set up with BC or something. Ordering my accessport here soon, and trailering it to a tuner. Haven't set up my tune which I've decided to go with a 93 octane at about 20 lbs. PO says he was running at 23. And a conservative tune at 17? What're you're guys thoughts?

GrawvyRobber likes this.
  29. Silky21L

Precision turbo and drag slicks. Do it.

tangledupinblu likes this.