New T-Shirts, Need Your Artwork and Color Ideas

Discussion in 'General Subaru Discussion' started by mlgez, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Ok so we are coming up on summer again. Time to get some new MNSubaru t-shirts made. At this point we are looking for design ideas, artwork, and color choice ideas. What does everyone want?

At the end we can hold a poll and vote for the options. I think we will leave this open for about two weeks and then we will start the voting. That leaves us a week to get the voting done.

2. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

how about we actually find a sweet logo this time and STICK WITH IT instead of changing ever 10 months. just a simple nice font that can be plastered on tshirts, hats, banners etc...this is what we need. oh, and not that crap font one on the top of this page.

just a thought

3. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

+100000000000000000

4. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

Well are we looking for a logo or a t-shirt design? I was thinking t-shirt design. It is nice to have different t-shirts to choose from otherwise it looks like you are wearing the same cloths all the time. My thought was that this was not for a logo just a cool Subaru design with MNS on it somewhere.

These are just my thoughts. Everyone please feel free to voice your opinion.

5. subaru4

subaru4 New Member

I think that instead of switching logos every year, you could just change the color of the shirts the logos are on.

6. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

yeah...i agree mmmglez, there are two separate issues here.

imo the most important one is to get an actual club logo. once we have that then we can go crazy making shirts, then place a little club logo on the shirt somewhere to make it more official looking.

7. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

the logo that is on the shirts you have is fine, but I want my logo in purple ;)

8. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

I personally see no problem with the MNSubaru logo that has the rally style stripes in it and the state. I am sure there are some people that would disagree. I do not remember anyone ever saying that the hoodies design was a logo. I thought it was just a cool design. Again I could be wrong.

Thoughts?

9. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

could you post of the rally mns logo..i dont remember what it looks like.

10. SpoolinWrxGirl

SpoolinWrxGirl Member

I would love to have the logo in pink but ya know.....not everyone likes pink especially ya guys.....that's my opinion....

a bright shirt would be nice tho, like bright blue

or a black shirt with really bright writing

11. SpoolinWrxGirl

SpoolinWrxGirl Member

Since I'm new just a few questions,

When do you normally get the shirts?

How much?

What all do ya put on them?

12. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

Well right. That is why the shirts should be black, with different color logos. Then you can have your pink, I can have my purple, and these boys can fight over the WRB :laugh:

13. SpoolinWrxGirl

SpoolinWrxGirl Member

Ya, I think that we should have multiple colors, the girls should get a lot of say since theres not as many of us as you guys lol....I agree with you all the way Aegis!!!

14. kimmigt

kimmigt Subie Godess

Curious what is wrong with the logo the club has now? I know when I see a Subuaru driving around town I always look for a sticker and I can spot one pretty easily. IMO it's pretty unique. :)

I'm not opposed to seeing other options, but I'm not opposed to what the club has now either.

And as for a color ~ I'm down with the other girls here Impreza Pink please Mglez for me if it becomes an option. :cool:

(pink would be my preference, but I'd get a purple one too)

15. TSTRBOY2004

TSTRBOY2004 Well-Known Member

wow.. all the chicks are taking over... i guess I will have a purple shirt with pink logo... hey I am comfortable with my sexuality... ha ha

16. kimmigt

kimmigt Subie Godess

real men DO wear pink :laugh: right on brotha

17. Ryan

Ryan Sled drifting master

Just wondering, Depending on logo etc, what about a polo shirt for us who wanna rock the mnsubaru at work? :)

18. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

i'm mainly talking about the logo at the top of this page.

19. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

I have a few thoughts.

1. the girls should have a lot of say because they have fashion sence which most of us guys lack.

2. How about a shirt that can be baught in most color options so the ones that one pink or purple can have that, us boring guys can have are WRB, but instead of changing it every year, tack a year (2006, or 2007) under it to distigush the different years.

3. I think 2 shirts could be made, A club shirt and a new year shirt. A club shirt that is always available to the new comers and those that need them and a new year shirt that is different from other years.

I know number 2 and 3 kinda contradict eachother, but it is 2 ideas is all..

20. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

The WRX you see on top of the forum was never the MNSUBARU logo and the plain TEXT for MNSUBARU was never the MNSUBARU trademark font. When the site was put up, we left it as is until we can figure out what we want to put up there. No one ever got around to changing it.

The actual MNSUBARU logo is the one everyone is sporting on their car/s. The Rally Swoosh with the MN State in the center. That is the MNSUBARU logo from the get go.

The very first set of shirts were the blue TShirt with the MNSUBARU logo on the front and the big S Subaru trademark in the back. The hoodies was just a Design for the winter and that one didn't sport the MNSUBARU logo. The design for the Hoodies was never intended to be use as the MNSUBARU logo. It was an idea to get a Hoodies design for that period of time.

21. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

For those that have no idea!\/\/\/\/\/;)

22. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I happen to be an EXTREMELY big fan of the current logo (Justin....there's no logo on the page now ;) ). I am not a fan at all of the one on the sweatshirts (no offense...just not for me).

here's a new version of the old logo I whipped up. [​IMG]

for anyone doing some new artwork, here's a small collection of common subaru fonts:
    http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/80s/mick/soobfonts/soobfonts.html

23. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

Yup, Chux and tangledupinblu got it right. That's the MNSUBARU logo.

So... does that answer your logo question Justin?

24. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I am also not a big fan of changing the swoosh logo. As of now, I think we are close to 400 sets of stickers that are out there. The logog doesn't have the domain name on it, so when 10 people get busted for doing something, there is no direct link to the site.

Well, collectively as a group we need to get this put together as soon as possible. The sooner we get something rolling the sooner we will get some shirts. As for design, we can still go with something like the club logo on the chest area, and put a new design on the back. That is basically all we did for the last shirt.

Russ

25. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

I agree that we need to have the logo of the club on the shirt as seen in the above photos. What we need is a new design of the back or front or where ever we are going to put it. I see there is a lot of people talking color. One thing to keep in mind is that the cost will go up if we have multiple color choices on the same t-shirt run. I am not against it I just want everyone to be aware.

1.) Maybe multiple color choices..... need to look into that.
    2.) OK so the logo will be on the t-shirt somewhere..... anyone got some artwork ideas?

26. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

yep, i'm still not dropping my case that the site needs a real logo though.

its weird...i really like the sticker logo when its on the car, but when i see it on a shirt it is not as appealing to me. who knows.

27. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Well-Known Member

I think that is because it has the right lines to look very good on a car, but it looks unbalanced on a t-shirt.

I like it a lot, but agree with Justin RE the t-shirt.

28. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

i also dont like the car logo on the shirt, it doesnt flow, and just looks like a peice of dump..... also what is this all about in justin's second post on the first page? Last edited by admin : Yesterday at 09:01 PM.

29. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

I agree with mr L. We have that all over our cars, why put it on a shirt too?
    This should be something new. We had this discussion earlier when it was snowing and there were snowflakes and things like that - no.

Here is my suggestion: don't take the original logo and modify it. *Make* something original. You can even do this every year with a different T-shirt and the elitists can use it to fight about who joined in what year :laugh:

but in all seriousness, that swoosh one is fine for cars, we know it on our cars, we need something new and different on the shirts.

30. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

*Make*

31. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

am I really the only one that actually likes my shirt?

the new one better not suck, because my old one has been loved to death :(

32. phi11

phi11 Well-Known Member

A. use old design, but on new color t's. (different color t's?)

B. use hoodie design on t-shirts.

(these two are EASY, because the arts made already, duh)

C. new art

33. ceci96

ceci96 Member

I have a cousin in CA who has a skate company. His art is all/mostly graffiti. He designs clothes as well. I'll see if he and I can't come up with some artwork ideas.

34. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Wow, some of you people crack me up. This thread is about making a t-shirt for this summer. It is up to the members to decide what they want on it. We are not going to discuss making a new site logo, a new sticker logo, or changing the header on the forum. This thread needs to be able getting some t-shirts made. We can put whatever we want on them. We as a group, jsut need to come up with what we want.

It is a real shame when one person throw out a simple idea, and it gets shot down be 20 people who can't come up with a good idea themselves.

Russ

35. ceci96

ceci96 Member

I'm not shooting down anyone. I'm just trying to get involved and contribute some ideas myself. I can't disagree with anyone's ideas so far--they're all excellent.

36. TchainT

TchainT Well-Known Member

well i agree on that. i wasnt here for the last round of shirts being made, but ive seen those hoodies and stuff with the MN state, turbo, etc design and i think those look cool. is there a way we can bring that design back, as well as make a new one? otherwise, yes, we would pretty much have the same clothes.
    variety=profit :biggrin:

and on the topic of new ideas, ill put in my two cents...
    black or white shirt with "MNSubaru" in like a cursive style lettering in the front and then our window sticker logo on the back.

and as far as the lacrosse trip shirts go, if anyone is still interested in making those, "MN Subaru 07- The Lacrosse Cruise" on the front, along with the MN and WI states, and then on the back have the screen names of all who go.

anyways, those are my ideas

37. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

I know there are some people on here with photochop and paint skills..... lets see some designs.

38. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

if we want i can do the work behind getting the tshirts made if someone else wants to do the money, sales, etc. i'm talking about both mnsubaru shirts and the LaCrossove Cruise Shirts. turn around is usually about 7-10 days.

Justin

39. mlgez

mlgez Well-Known Member

I believe someone is already heading up the t-shirt making. I am tring to get idea so we can decide what they will be.

40. Aegis

Aegis TAKE IT!

TchainT has the best ideas so far ;)

41. AWDimprezaL

AWDimprezaL has more posts than you

how about this, i take a white shirt, do a design in grease (clear grease) and roll around in some dirt and whatever it comes out is the design

42. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

ok, just thought i'd help if you needed it.

43. 02blubru

02blubru Well-Known Member

sounds like an awsome way to make a design.

44. badbennyb

badbennyb Has no title

I kinda like the cursive or some kinda writing across the front with or without a logo on the back. Its cheaper doing one sided which should be easy to design a bunch of different shirts on the cheap. I would also at some time like to know if hats would be a possibility. I also prefer to stay away from bright colors.

45. Justin

Justin Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.