New to the forum - not currently a subaru owner but a long time fan and owner in the past

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by Brian Miller, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Brian Miller

Brian Miller New Member

Hi everyone - recently sold our 2020 outback to move into a Chrysler Pacifica PHEV as we needed more room and better efficiency and already have a 4x4 truck with snow tires for bad weather days. Currently selling some accessories from the last outback and was tipped to this local forum from the national page. Have owned a 2002, 2015, 2017 and 2020 outback and converted several family members to foresters, outbacks and ascents. Still love the subaru community and am a big fan of watching rally and just generally geeking out about cars.

20211223_153111.jpg 20200306_140613.jpg

2. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

Welcome.

pinjasaur likes this.
  3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

We like geeking out on cars as well! Welcome!

-Josh

Brian Miller likes this.
  4. Optimus8304

Optimus8304 Member

Welcome

5. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

The new car prep person missed removing the little orange stickers on the Pacifica's wheels.

tangledupinblu likes this.
  6. PJ171

PJ171 Well-Known Member

Welcome Aboard! As a dad, I have Zero hate for the minivan game lol. The Chrysler is definitely not a bad looking machine at all either.

7. Brian Miller

Brian Miller New Member

They were a pain to get off clean once I decided they had to go! This was a factory order and I was really anxious to get it before the end of the year so I could have it for X-Mas and get the tax credit for 2021 so I may have encouraged them to prep it quickly!

pillboy and tangledupinblu like this.
  8. Brian Miller

Brian Miller New Member

It has been really awesome so far and as a city dweller the Plug-in part has been great as more than half our miles have been all-electric at $0.028 per KWH or the equivalent of about $0.40/gallon of gas

9. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Minivans are so, so, so much more useful than an SUV. I think automakers are missing the boat on not making a high performance version that would attract enthusiasts that need the versatility of one.

10. Brian Miller

Brian Miller New Member

I agree and was hoping subaru would enter the space but alas we got the ascent. It seems the minivan stigma runs deep and the numbers show the money is in building 6 different crossover SUV's rather than a single great van. Kia is now trying with the Carnival to build a vehicle with minivan utility and SUV styling and 'coolness' but I feel they need time to see if it works. I personally think the Pacifica is a great looking vehicle and the PHEV version is really great but would love to see them figure out how to do PHEV and AWD in the next generation.

11. tangledupinblu

I agree. The Pacifica is really good looking compared to all other vans. And an AWD version would be dope. PHEV?(Pretty Heavy Electric Vehicle?) hahaha!

12. Brian Miller

Brian Miller New Member

They do make an AWD version (starting with 2021 model) but only in the gas version - the Plug-in hybrid loses AWD and Stow-N-Go as options because the Battery takes up the space where the drivesahft would sit for AWD. I think Pretty heavy Electric Vehicle fits - this thing weights over 5,000lbs but as an upside that weight sits low and makes it good in the snow with FWD. I like the freedom the plug-in format gives a car as it allows me to use EV around town but also take a road trip without worry but once the infrastructure and battery allow for a full BEV version the AWD options with 4 motors is very cool. I am looking forward to seeing how Subaru will integrate their AWD experience and full electrification.

13. tangledupinblu

So, no stow and go? We wouldn’t have even bought a van if not for the stow and go.(it moonlights as our pick up truck when needed) We we’re very limited as to what we could buy because not every manufacturer offers the stow and go system.

All electric Subarus. I couldn’t imagine! A Subaru with no boxer rumble sounds, well, it doesn’t sound like a Subaru.

I saw a documentary on how they are starting to butcher the rain forests to get to cobalt deposits for making the EV’s. The irony in that is beyond ridiculous. Now I know, you can’t believe everything that you see/hear. But what I’ve seen so far leads me to believe that we need an alternative to batteries. At least the ones that we are currently using for EV’s. On the plus side, my BRZ is currently worth $10k more than what I paid for it! And it has 50k more miles on it now. Lmao

Either way, I’m glad that the Pacifica has been working out for you and your family!

Krazylegz1485 likes this.
  14. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

:frantic:

This world we live in right now is so absurd...