New to the site, old to Minnesota, kinda new to Scoobs

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by GregRoot198521, Feb 27, 2012.

1. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

-------------------------DISCLAIMER!!!-------------------------
    I sold this car, as some will notice in the posts from Jan. of 2013 or so. This thread likely won't be getting any further updates for this reason, though I may add things in (like the videos in post#31 ) that were supposed to be added but I spaced on. That said, read about the journey I had with Roxie.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hey everybody, as the title says, I'm new to the site, but I've had my WRB 2011 WRX sedan since March of 2011. I'm from Brooklyn Park, and living in Hell Paso Texas. I am a local though, and I'm sure some of you who live in the Twin Cities will see me eventually, as I do come home on leave occasionally. Here are links to my build threads: DirtyImpreza build thread & 3GWRX build thread The threads are the same, I just occasionally don't update both at the same time.

Pics: New:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After the ****ing raccoon:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  2. Mr.Tran

Mr.Tran Well-Known Member

Welcome!

3. john

john Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

4. fdomestic

fdomestic Member

Hey there! What color?

5. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

Welcome.

Pictures of the ride?

6. SubieFinest

SubieFinest Member

is it satin white pearl? there's only one i've seen other than my swp 2011 wrx and welcome

7. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

Nope it's WRB. If you're on dirty impreza or 3gwrx, you can find my build thread under the same screen name, but I'll try to remember to toss up the links. Been busy with getting prepped for an army school.

8. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

Updated the first post with by build threads and some pics. Need to snap some pics of my newer and better done zip-stitching.

9. fdomestic

fdomestic Member

sharp!

10. Hagadorn

Hagadorn Member

Nice ride!! welcome

11. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

Thanks everyone! When I do some more parts I'll update again, so tomorrow I should have something to add.

12. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

Updated my build threads with pics of the lift with King springs, Feal revalves, RalliTek 22mm front & 19mm rear sway bars and SPT h-brace.

13. subaruordie

subaruordie Well-Known Member

Awesome looking car! I love how the grills look

14. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

It's so refreshing to see another Subaru "lifted" instead of "slammed". Thank you sir for that!:coffee:

15. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

Thanks Tangled, I never got the whole slamming or hellaflush scenes in the first place, but I'm almost happy with it now. Need to get my bumper bar made so I can stop cracking my bumper cover worse.

16. whtstar

whtstar Well-Known Member

Welcome

17. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

Alright, got the Cobb SR intake installed the other night. Heard bad things bout the loudness and sound of it. Definitely not as bad as people made it seem.

Also added some more pics to both of my build threads. I'll try and remember to toss some of the others up on here too for y'all to enjoy.

18. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

Wow, it's been a hot minute since I updated this! Have a pic, I'll have to remember to add some of the info from my builds on over to here. She looks a LOT different than she did.
    Old spot, new pic:
    [​IMG]

tehfuzz, jles, Hagadorn and 1 other person like this.
  19. Hagadorn

Hagadorn Member

Checked out the build thread. Very nice sir!!

20. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

Wow, that bumper is so cool!

21. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

Oh Ben.

[​IMG]

22. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

You're always hating on it when I posted on NASIOC though....... but I guess thanks though.

Contemplating returning to stock and trading in for an '07 STi now. I've got to spend a little bit to do this though, still worth it though.

23. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

I think I have found the hawk-eye for me! '06 with 48k on her, in WRB, all of ~300mi away, and all stock, except for the SPT intake. Going to check her out this next weekend, assuming nobody snatches her. Maybe I can make a deposit to prevent that......

24. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

:( Someone got her before I could even get out there. This ****'s getting a little irritating now. Oh well, gives me extra time to get Roxie prepared to go back to stock. I'll keep hunting and ill either have to take some leave and get one from Cali in SWP(which is the top color choice now, WRB in second) or find a great deal in one in a less desirable color, get the bottom half Line-Xed, and the top half repainted to a white. Gotta show off the dirt easier, you know.

25. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

There is a gray '06 STi here on base that's for sale. So I checked it out a little today. 82k mi on the car, owner bought it 3 years ago with ~60k on it. The only mods on it are a basic stage 2 setup with an OTS stage 2 Cobb map. Bolt ons are: SPT CBE, GrimmSpeed UP, Cobb catted DP, Forge BPV and Perrin intake (not installed). Suspension/ wheels: BC Racing coil overs, adjustable camber plates, stock 17x8 BBS' and 17x9 Work Emotion(2 sets of wheels). Guess he has a second trunk with a "Mines Rep. Spoiler." Kicker door speakers are also on the list, but I didn't read the entire list. He wants $20k for the whole shebangle, strikes me as a good deal.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

Well, the dude sold the STi to a small auto "dealer" here, and I use dealer loosely, for an older Cobra. :barf: Still possible to get it though, I suppose, think ill try and get her as close to stock as possible this weekend. So I suppose I'll be starting the FS thread I've been planning pretty soon too.

27. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

Well, I went to go look at the car a little better today, at the shop the dude sold it too. Went at about 4, and sold not too long after I checked it out. This ****s getting crazy with people buying right after I get some info on the car. Apparently the dude who it did belong to I'd friends with the awesome service guy at the dealership. Anyways, super-awesome-service-dude (or: SASD, what he shall be called by me on the interwebz) at the dealership told me he has another friend selling a WRB 07 STi here. I'm going to hit SASD up tomorrow and get the dudes number, and find out more about the car.

In news with Roxie, I stopped at the dealership and bought a new bumper skin, and fender liners for the return to stock. Also got a few more small pieces ordered off the web too.

28. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

All engine mods are now off. Took most of the evening, but it's done. Sitting with a stock map loaded on the car, will load the stage 1 map up later. Suspension parts will be removed probably this next weekend. Need to clean the parts tomorrow and get some pics, then start my part out sale. Kind of freaky that I am really doing it. Soon I will be in an STi.

29. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

Completely back to stock look now. Gonna kind of miss her, since she's looking so good now. Oh well, almost gone now.
    [​IMG]

30. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

31. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

Since I promised some vids forever ago, here they are:
    Some desert run vids:

32. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Now i know why you turned Roxie into a Land Rover! LOL

GregRoot198521 likes this.
  33. GregRoot198521

GregRoot198521 Member

Because it was fun? Damn right!! ;) And I'll be doing a very similar setup on my STi too.