New Tribeca to the forum.

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by Jrod13, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Jrod13

Jrod13 New Member

I've been into cars for a long time. I don't currently have anything fun.

2009 Subaru Tribeca (wife's), which is why I am here. I am assuming it is not such a popular vehicle on here. That being said I really like it. Halls the kid and the dog around very well.

Also have a 2007 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring (mine), it's kind of fun, although it is a bit slow.

The Subaru is approaching 100,000 miles and is most likely going to just need some general maintenance soon. Figured it would be good to have a resource of information if needed.

Ctracey218 likes this.
  2. silver03

silver03 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard! You are indeed a very special MNSubaru member with a Tribeca. I think for myself it will be interesting to learn a bit about them as you post more frequently.

3. Jrod13

Jrod13 New Member

Thanks,

I can tell you that putting brake pads in them is about straight forward as brakes get. It takes a lot more oil then what I am used to with my other cars. About 7.5 quarts.

Other then that it has been extremely reliable for the year and 8 months we have owned it. I find the interior comfortable, if a bit quirky with the dash. Since I have the later body style I like the looks of it. The first gen fronts just kind of weird me out. My friend Matt has a 2010 Tribeca that kind of turned me onto them.

4. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Welcome Tribeca owner! You are few and far between, but welcome none the less!!

Pics??:D

-Josh

5. Jrod13

Jrod13 New Member

About the only picture I can find that involves the car. It's obsidian black. Stock except for winter time when I put the Blizzaks on.

Attached Files:

tangledupinblu likes this.
  6. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

Well...you're definitely in the right place.

7. Jrod13

Jrod13 New Member

We got it for $14,995 with 75,000 miles on it. Seemed like the most car for the money when I was looking around in that segment. We were planning on having a kid soon and have a golden retriever.

Our jeep grand cherokee had 205,000 miles on it and was starting to develop electric issues which I had no desire in dealing with.

8. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

lol!