Next Meet

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by WRX1, Jul 12, 2004.

1. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

When are we going to have our next meet?? I was thinking about getting something together for the dyno day. We could have someone drag a grill out to rs motors and have a minin cookout while Jorge is doing some tunning and such. It would be a great time for some people not familiar with the utec to get a first hand view of one of the best utec tuners in the country doing his work. We would also be right on Uni, so after everyone gets done with the tunning and such, it will be a quick trip over to Firestone. Just a thought. Anyone else have any ideas?

Russ

2. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

I'm down with anything you guys got. We need another MEET asap.

3. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

Any kind of meet sounds good to me

4. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

Looks like our next meet is on July 31st then. :D

5. cowboybebop

cowboybebop New Member

what time and where

6. Steve-o

Steve-o Administrator Staff Member

I'll be there.:cool:

Steve

7. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WRX1

When are we going to have our next meet?? I was thinking about getting something together for the dyno day. We could have someone drag a grill out to rs motors and have a minin cookout while Jorge is doing some tunning and such. It would be a great time for some people not familiar with the utec to get a first hand view of one of the best utec tuners in the country doing his work. We would also be right on Uni, so after everyone gets done with the tunning and such, it will be a quick trip over to Firestone. Just a thought. Anyone else have any ideas?

Russ
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Russ:

I think we do need another meet, but I really do not want to deal with it at the same time as the Dyno day. Firstly, I dont think Ron wants to deal with lots of people standing around his shop as we are working. Second, as people are paying for time to tune their cars I want to make sure they get there moneys worth.

So I propose that we have a meet that night maybe we could look at a park that is in the Uni. area or a resturant. The tuning has to be over at 6 pm so why dont we start the meet at around that time then we will all be able to sit around and bench race and share our results.

M

8. morganm

morganm New Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    Russ:

I think we do need another meet, but I really do not want to deal with it at the same time as the Dyno day. Firstly, I dont think Ron wants to deal with lots of people standing around his shop as we are working. Second, as people are paying for time to tune their cars I want to make sure they get there moneys worth.

So I propose that we have a meet that night maybe we could look at a park that is in the Uni. area or a resturant. The tuning has to be over at 6 pm so why dont we start the meet at around that time then we will all be able to sit around and bench race and share our results.

M

After 6PM sounds good to me. If I'm in town that weekend I'll try to make it. I think we have something going on that weekend but if its in the evening I should be able to head out. Prolly around 9 or 10 pm.

Hopefully I wont be the only 'vintage' subaru there? :)

Peace

9. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

M

How about mounds park @ 6?

10. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by morganm

Hopefully I wont be the only 'vintage' subaru there? :)

I'll see what I can do, we may have other plans that weekend but I'll be there if at all possible

11. Todd

Todd The Originator Staff Member

You all could come to my car show. :D:D

Well, it's not actually mine. I'm helping organize the second annual car show at Living Word Christian Center for the morning of the 31st.

12. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Todd

You all could come to my car show. :D:D

Well, it's not actually mine. I'm helping organize the second annual car show at Living Word Christian Center for the morning of the 31st.

Im down with that. I think the only person that won't make it for sure is JOHN. right JOHN?

13. Scooby02

Scooby02 Well-Known Member

Im down with the izzy fo shizzy. Actually my plans changed for the 31st so I will actually bring out the car for the meet (for once)}:).
    Dave

14. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

Yang, you are wrong...I think I can make it...I think..hehe..:D

15. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by John16V

Yang, you are wrong...I think I can make it...I think..hehe..:D

Yes You think, meaning You probably will not show up or show up in a custom :D

16. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

Well, I still think we should meet up at the dyno day (maybe like 5pm or so). Atleast that way we can get everyone together and head out from there to wherever we want to go. That will also give some people a change to see what the dyno tuning is all about. I am game with going someplace afterwards, we just need to figure out what and where.

Russ

17. subi_2.5rs

subi_2.5rs New Member

will you know me....i is everywhere....only need time/day....

18. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

So are we all still meeting up between say 4:30-5pm and watching the last car and heading out from there?? We can head to any place to get some food and such. This is only a couple of days away.

Russ

19. John16V

John16V Well-Known Member

Sorry guys....I am out for both day, Friday at burnsville and Sat. at dyno....having church events on both day

Yia, you called it...I can't make it...

20. Yang

Yang Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by John16V

Sorry guys....I am out for both day, Friday at burnsville and Sat. at dyno....having church events on both day

Yia, you called it...I can't make it...

:eek:[yia] shakes his head[/yia]

21. Substeroo

Substeroo Well-Known Member

I might join you guys. Is anyone actually bringing a grill and have we figured out food and such?

22. yosmiley

yosmiley Subie OG Missin'In Action

I think we're all going out for food instead of grilling there. Fire regulation!!!

I'll meet up with you guys on the 31st... probably go in early so I can catch Matt's tunning.

23. kickin_81

kickin_81 Well-Known Member

I might just show up at the dyno so I can see how they run it. Besides, if people were to show up at RS Motors, loitering outside shouldn't be illegal. We want to see some action!

24. WRX1

WRX1 _ Staff Member

I figured that if people show up around 5pm or so, wew can see the last car run and head out for some dinner from there. There really isn't much to see in the way of the actual tunning. It is just a laptop screen and some utec logs, and there is now way we are going to let anyone sit in the car while it is running. There really isn't much to see other than the car on the rollers, after 2-3 pulls it is all going to be the same. Besides, we don't want alot of people trying to crap into the little shop. Once the last car is done, we can figure out were to go for some dinner and play it by ear from there. I am assuming that Jorge probably doesn't want to be out real late after smelling exhaust all day.

Russ

25. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

I work until 6:15 :(, Sounds like I'm going to miss this one too.