NF DCTC Event

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by kongzilla, Apr 14, 2013.

1. kongzilla

kongzilla Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
    ofspunk7 likes this.
  2. turbotalon1g

turbotalon1g Well-Known Member

Amazing pics, thanks for getting one of my car.
    Thanks to NF Performance, the volunteers, instructors, and their families for making such an awesome event, someone please PM me when the next one is.
    Nice meeting you guys.

Musashi likes this.
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

You should also let me know when the next one is. So much fun.

4. xluben

xluben Well-Known Member

That was quick! Posted before most people even left the event! Looking good!

Musashi and kongzilla like this.
  5. SubieFinest

SubieFinest Member

derek's car just look like its going off course.

ofspunk7 likes this.
  6. Musashi

Musashi Well-Known Member

Kong, Ben and Eric thanks so much for coming out to help capture this momentous occasion in history. Also thanks to everyone who braved the cold and participated in the event as drivers and volunteers. I couldn't believe how many people came out today. The staff at DCTC were great to work with. Great job everyone on today's success.

kongzilla and SubieFinest like this.
  7. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

This is one of my favorite parts about going to events like this all the pictures. Thanks to everyone that braved the track to take pictures and to work the corners.

ofspunk7 and Musashi like this.
  8. kongzilla

I don't know much about racing but I know enough about gran turismo. After looking at some of the pictures, a lot of drivers are using the wrong line in and out.

Musashi likes this.
  9. souy07

souy07 Well-Known Member

SO FAST!!!!

10. Nuke

Nuke Well-Known Member

Enough with the talk and bring it! :devil:

ofspunk7 and kongzilla like this.
  11. Musashi

I wanna thank mr Bro for sharing with me one of the best idea's ever... having neon orange laces really helps me know when my students are using the most important paddle.....

12. Musashi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SubieFinest likes this.
  13. kongzilla

Next time when I'm not so scared to kill my self.

Musashi likes this.
  14. kongzilla

The other two are the real photographers. I take pictures for fun.

15. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for putting this together. This was planned and executed very well. (too bad the only thing that didn't was the weather) I had a great time putting faces to screen names and getting a little time behind the wheel.
    Here is a couple of laps from the morning sessions.

FuJi K, BroCo, ofspunk7 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Musashi

Great job driving today sir. I'm glad that's not the in car video cause I was screaming for my life.

17. MNGman

MNGman Well-Known Member

That's coming up later ;)

Musashi likes this.
  18. kongzilla

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
    Musashi likes this.
  19. kongzilla

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

derp and Musashi like this.
  20. Musashi

I hope today's experience has given you a positive view of your vehicle and has helped enhanced your original decision why you chose Subaru. Driving in the element has always been a treat to me and today I hope you felt the same way too. For most when they buy a car its mostly because of the way it looks, feels and how it wears on them, it's not very often you'll get to experience some of the roots behind how these magnificent machines were derived from. I hope you'll respect and take even better care of your vehicle as a result of today's event.

I also want to thank the folks who were unable to make the trip out, we really do appreciate your kind support and look forward to having you at out next event.

SubieFinest and kongzilla like this.
  21. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone who snagged a picture of the derpwagon! I'd love to see a few more if they are out there!

Musashi likes this.
  22. Musashi

I'm so busy at these events jumping from car to car and entertaining our loyal volunteers with a complimentary rides, but I did take notice and it was my highlight of the event to see everyone in such high spirits despite the ever changing weather, you guys didn't let that spoil your fun and driving training.

Here's a few questions for yah?

1. What was your highlight of the day?
    2. did you get enough seat time?
    3. and what was the funniest moment you remember most?

Mine was when I had to keep telling my wife to slow down in her Red Blur Prius cause she was driving it so fast and even made a dew passes and kept a bunch behind. She was on an adrenaline high and even got me scared..

23. derp

derp Well-Known Member

Plenty of highlights.

Getting told I'm doing well despite it being my first time driving on a track, passing some cars, figuring out exactly how far i can get the wagons fat sexy ass out on a turn and still reel it back it (which was pretty damn far, I thought for sure it was going all the way around... Instructor Jason was in the car with me too!)

Getting a drift ridealong was fun too, but probably the ultimate highlight was taking the wife out (with fuji in the back, poor guy) for a few laps. She really enjoyed it.

Seat time was plenty. It seemed like there wasn't as much organization after lunch due to the delay, and the run groups got jumbled. People were also leaving early, so that played a part in it too.

Funniest? nuke's yellow bugeye (don't know who was driving at the time) still lapping the WRONG WAY when the afternoon run group started.

Musashi likes this.
  24. Slomander

Slomander Active Member

Highlight of the day was chasing the STIs around the track, until Roger told me to calm down... I thought we got plenty of seat time, but I would agree with Derp regarding the afternoon sessions. It was fine to me however, cause it provided more seat time. Funniest moment was when you took me and Nick for a drift session in Nuke's bugeye and said, "Hmm, it seems like we aren't getting that much rotation this time..." Nice subtle way to saying, "You guys are too fat!" ;)

Musashi likes this.
  25. ofspunk7

ofspunk7 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pictures!

That is because it was. Nuke and I had some fun that session. I guess Star Specs and ice don't work too well on hairpin to wide out turns. It was all I needed to persuade me to swap back to my snow tires. Kong actually was able to see some awesome sideways action on that corner a few times in the morning... I think I fishtailed like 3/4 times my 3rd or 4th lap.

Driving a new track. It really was a fun track to drive. I think I like the morning direction over the afternoon track. I can't wait for the next event to try a few different layouts.

Yes and I thought it was laid out well. You were able to get in a ton of track time without having too many cars on the track. It was a good amount of solo running, following and being chased. Next time I will let TMF chase me instead of letting him pass right away ;)

Its a toss up.... either the excitement of your wife after she took the Prius to find a snowbank... or watching the yellow car drift/spin/go off track
    OR maybe it was Yolo and the greatness of the Camry.

TMF and Musashi like this.
  26. Ctracey218

Ctracey218 Playpen Wrangler Staff Member

Where are the pictures of Pete tracking his DD?!!! :)

27. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Ya at least have to put up a fight! lol

1. Highlight: One of my last sessions of the day, Steve (buddy) and I were having a little dog fight out on the track...Steve has come a long way in his driving skill, and I was actually really have to try to stay out ahead. That was a blast, good work!
    2. Seat time: Yes, plenty! I could have had more, but I was hitting it pretty hard while I was out there. Now this morning, I wish I would have taken more seat time yesterday afternoon!
    3. Funniest moment: There a few...one in particular: Jason was instructing me and I was really concentrating on hitting the right lines and accelerating out at the right times to maintain optimum tire grip. On one turn in the back, I started to lose the rear end and it got real quiet in the car...I thought "screw it," laid the hammer down, and drifted smoothly out of it. Jason just says..."Aannnndd nice drift!"
    Other funny moment: watching the yellow bugeye of fury drifting right in front of me while loaded down with 4 people. :eek:

Thanks for pics also Kong and Ben!

Musashi and ofspunk7 like this.
  28. Musashi

As an Instructor of the sport it's our duty to be good ambassadors of our sport and help promote and inspire upcoming enthusiasts like yourself and others by putting a fun spin on things. ;)

Slomander likes this.
  29. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

My highlight was dogfighting with TMF at the end of the day. I thought I did a ok job of keeping up with him. But to hear him tell me he was having to work pretty hard to stay in front of me made me feel even better. I felt I had more then enough seat time and pulled off early a few times because of that. Funniest part was thongs wife after she pulled in from hitting the snow bank. The look was priceless.

TMF, Mr.Tran, Musashi and 1 other person like this.
  30. ofspunk7

Thong.... wife.... where was I ;)

Musashi likes this.
  31. Musashi

;)
    He's our newly acquired NF Instructors just for this event. I think it was Pink just how Subaru's like them

32. FuJi K

FuJi K Well-Known Member

Fuji secrets put to use! Lol Steve caught on really quick. Showed him a few tricks and there he went.

33. Buddy

Buddy Well-Known Member

dang phone!

Thanks Fuji. I love riding with Chong but it was nice to get another set of eyes to see what I can improve on and you were great to work with.

Musashi likes this.
  34. Musashi

Fuji is another great resource as well, I trust him as he has great technical driving skills and is a competent driver. I sorry I couldn't make it back around to you and Jordon. :)

35. turbotalon1g

turbotalon1g Well-Known Member

Highlight: Getting better every time out with my sweet BMW, this car is amazingly neutral and whatever you put in it will give right back to you.

Seattime: Was great, I think the instructors should all get radios so they can be called off-track at the right time.

Highlight: Riding with Fuji in Nate's STI, that was a blast.

Feedback on the event:
    -I'd say a bit better structure with regards to tech. It was nice that it was pretty low key, but if something happened that could of been bad.
    -Run group times were a bit muddled, esp. after lunch, I know I was guilty of staying out a bit too long, but I never started on time either.

All in all, an amazing first event. I'd love to make the next one for sure.

Musashi likes this.
  36. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Fuji, you're full of so many secrets! Hopefully some day you can share some knowledge with me!
    It's all good, it was nice to hear some different perspectives. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on my development though...which means I'll have to make it to the next event. Not have to, I want to!

Musashi likes this.
  37. Musashi

The only secret I wanna know is how does he see over the dash board grr

Over the years I've been working really hard at perfecting my process for teaching others how to drive really really fast. And I think it's been fairly successful. But the ultimate challenge isn't with me but it's really with you, and how quickly you acclimate to the training, the speed and the situations. It makes a lot of people very uncomfortable really quick as all of the sudden their speeds start to multiple. I can teach you to be a very safe and very blistering fast driver, but it's up to you to do your homework. Driving fast is one thing, driving very fast consistently and winning is another. You are doing very well, show me more and I'll give you more, but be careful what you ask for, or you might just get it. :coffee:

38. Musashi

Thanks for the feedback everyone who has provided it. There's a very good reason why we capped our limit at 20 drivers and we wanted our first event to be MNSubaru specific as we know our community is a tight knit family and I hope you felt that at the event. Everyone was very very well behaved, did a great job of passing and helped kept the facility clean. We really apprecaite the flexibility, there are only a handful of us who have track experience but we didn't want that to limit our abilities to provide you a great avenue for us to enjoy and learn more about our cars. With any great organization there's always room for improvement and we welcome the feedback and we could not have done this event without your help. ;)

39. TMF

TMF Well-Known Member

Ha nice signature line Steve...but I still have much to learn. I don't want my head swelling up too large, otherwise I'll need a new helmet!

Until then...catch me if you can!

ofspunk7 likes this.
  40. ofspunk7

^ IDK man. You were sort of setting the pace for the limit yesterday.

41. Musashi

And JH is pretty much stock except for his six foot extension, that took a few reflash.

JasonoJordan, TMF and ofspunk7 like this.
  42. Slomander

Slomander Active Member

Ghetto video of part of my last run...

SubieFinest and Musashi like this.
  43. glen

glen Well-Known Member

Can't believe I missed this, will have to watch closely for the next one.

Musashi likes this.
  44. nate

nate Well-Known Member

My highlight of the day was when fuji took my car around the track a few laps.

Seat time was good. Just regret not staying the last hour.

Musashi likes this.
  45. Musashi

Oops my other favorite moment was when my wife wouldn't give up her seat in the Yellow WRX during our drift sessions and then she proceeds to tell the tough leather neck guys it was ok to scream cause it's a lot more funner that way. One of my other friend who had been volunteering for me over the weekend on both Sat & Sun did infact lost his voice from all his screams of joy and were not shy about it. They kept daring me to drift the Honda Civic and then the Miata and I did, but to their surprise the WRX had way more angle lol

SubieFinest, kongzilla and ofspunk7 like this.