Not new to the forum but new to owning a Subaru

Discussion in 'The Welcome Mat' started by Sir Lance-A-Lot, Jul 12, 2022.

1. Sir Lance-A-Lot

Sir Lance-A-Lot Well-Known Member

So I haven't been on here in over 10 years. Years ago while in college I drove a Mitsubishi Lancer and had been over here (on this forum) as I was fond of WRX's and STI's (especially the hatch when that came out and the blob eye sedans). Well fast forward some time and last month I picked up a 2021 WRX. I was digging around facebook subi groups and wondered if this site was still here and active, and it is! Crazy to see standalone forums still being a thing but I'm happy it is.

Anyway, here's my new WRX (she got tint today and I think I went overboard on how dark I went, but I love it. We'll see if it gives me lots of problems but hopefully not).

I don't know that I have too many plans to make it much faster, probably just cobb ap eventually, intake, do full exhaust (I've done axle back so far). I lived in CA for some time and got into motorcycles so the plan is cosmetics and enjoy this more in the winter and get a new sport bike for summer.

Glad to see this site is still active!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sir Lance-A-Lot

Damn, and then I look around and see that this is the last month this site will be here :(

Glad I got to come back and see it before it was too late

3. tangledupinblu

tangledupinblu Event Coordinator Staff Member

Welcome to Subaru ownership! It must feel good to finally have one after so long:) Rumor has it that the forum may stick around via a new host. That is TBD though.

Your WRX has that Darth Vader vibe going on:thumbup: And that license plate block off plate cracks me up

-Josh

4. Krazylegz1485

Krazylegz1485 Well-Known Member

Love the emotional rollercoaster from post 1 to post 2. Haha.

Sweet looking car!

5. PJ171

PJ171 Well-Known Member

Never fear, the site likely lives!!! Readymix is hatching a plan to migrate things.

Fully admit I'm WRB fan to the bone, but I love the tint with the black. That is sharp.

6. Sir Lance-A-Lot

It's wild, wasn't even something I was really looking to do (buying a subi). I just happened to look and see what was out there, thought about getting an STI but the prices were insane for something newer then this thing came across my radar (it had 0 mods and 5k miles on it when I got it) and I just had to have it. I know I look like a dork when I walk into stores and keep looking back at her and smiling but I can't say I've owned a car that's brought me so much joy before. Really tempted to say f my warranties and get a Cobb AP sooner than later, that turbo drop off at 4500rpms is nonsense. Beyond that I love this thing.

That would be awesome if it stuck around!!

I've thought about wrapping it but that may be something for way down the road, darth vader for now for sure! That plate thing is for when people gap me, it's my way of saying "meh" lol

tangledupinblu likes this.
  7. Sir Lance-A-Lot

Haha yeah fingers crossed the forum stays, I've met a lot of cool people over the years from forums like this.

8. Sir Lance-A-Lot

There's something weird that happens where I never cared for WRB until the day I got this car. Literally the first drive in it I got on 494 near Minnetonka and a guy in a WRB STI came flying by and gave me a thumbs up and I immediately was drawn to it. It's a good looking color. I've always wanted a black car but I will admit it's annoying af trying to keep this thing clean.

9. pillboy

pillboy Well-Known Member

One black car is all most people will ever own and then never want that "color" again.

10. MidnightImpreza

MidnightImpreza Well-Known Member

I'm on my 4th black sedan. :)

Sir Lance-A-Lot likes this.
  11. Sir Lance-A-Lot

I mean I'm a fan of the color but I'm starting to think a full body clear bra is a must given all these water spots!

MidnightImpreza likes this.
  12. Cotts612

Cotts612 Well-Known Member

Just wait until winter. You'll be watching the weather, trying to pick the right day to wash, so that it's clean for the longest amount of time possible. Then there's spring and all the crap melting. That's a tough one to plan out :facepalm: