Offroading Nov 6 *pics AND VIDEO on pg. 2*

Discussion in 'MNSubaru Event Center' started by Chux, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Well, I'm coming home that weekend, and there will be mud flying!

I know of 3 of us going for sure, 2 in jeeps, so if you don't want to bring your sub, that's cool. We will be hitting our favorite spot out in watertown, then a minimum maintenence road in medina, and my friends property (where these pics where taken, though the water level has changed a bit}:)). Not necessarily in that order. Anyway, it's all way out west of the cities, so it might not be too conveniant for you all to come, but it'd be sweet anyway. We will probably do it late evening, meet at 9 or so, go out for a couple hours. I'll post as we know more details. love to see morgan and martin out there!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. morganm

morganm New Member

Sounds like fun. What day and time are you going out specificly? I'll check with my wife and see what's going on that weekend. If nothing is going on I'll come on up! Maybe Tony will bring out a Subaru from his fleet (he's got 4 of the darn things!) I'll talk to him and see whats up for him that weekend.

3. Dynapar

Dynapar Well-Known Member

Chux i am in, last night with the massive rainfall i stopped in at the parkinglot off of mcculley, i was only there for like 5 min. i didnt want to plug up my intake, and i was low on gas. i would have to say that the quality of mud there has decreased dramatically. it is now very sandy/gravelly, and doesnt fly very well. its still sloppy tho. i may have to trow in my stock airbox for that weekend.

4. Dynapar

sure would be fun to see some WRXs there, even if they dont get dirty. chux hows parking on the min maintanice road? incase ppl dotn wanna get dirty? (i know lotsa road parking in watertown)

5. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Dynapar

sure would be fun to see some WRXs there, even if they dont get dirty. chux hows parking on the min maintanice road? incase ppl dotn wanna get dirty? (i know lotsa road parking in watertown)
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

the road doesn't get nasty for awhile, so they could just pull off the paved road a bit, and be plenty out of the way, since we will probably turn around and do it again when we get through, my friend Alanna (one with the Aztek) may come, and I doubt she will bring it any farther than she has to, but I'm trying to get her to come down that trail at watertown some, we'll see.

Oh yea, that lot hasn't been the same since they regraveled it, brad's lincoln can tear it up pretty well, but beyond that, it's not all that great :(

morgan, it'll be on Sat. Nov. 6, probably about 8 or 9, depending on what works best for others interested.

6. morganm

morganm New Member

8 or 9 AM or PM?

Just hitting up minimum maintenance roads or are their any trails? If there are trails what kind of obsticles are there? Hill cimbs? Fallen trees? Mud? Sand? We better get some body damage! ;)

7. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

sorry, PM, I'm not getting up that early! and yes morgan, all of the above, don't think there's anything tight enough that body damage will be necessary, but then again, some of those trails out towards the swamp are pretty tight , meant for the go-cart. there's one hill out in watertown that I have yet to see anyone brave, but after seeing some of those pics of you and mick down in iowa, I bet you could do it!

8. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

well, plans have changed, the owner/resident at the property where those pics were taken will be out of town, we may be able to go anyway, but probably not :(.

As for the rest of you people, Let's go!!! You're all invited, come on, don't even try to tell me you have something better to do that night! What happened to:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by BlackDubRX

Let me know next time, I'll come as long as it's not too deep.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by bikerboy

Where was this and can I come to play?:D
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by masube81

NICE.... can we all come and play?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

and that wasn't all

come on! don't tell me it was all talk! It doesn't have to be in your subie, but there are a couple places you could go anyway. I want to see more flying mud! I've got three open seat belts (2 comfortably) and have had 2 people sit in the far back, though it hurts the ground clearance a bit, It's all good

9. Dynapar

Chux i am still in. i talked with malik, and he is in(you must have already asked him) i talked with kloss, he has to work till 10 but will meet us wherever and bring his video camera. on saturday i talked with MNAuto and he was interested in coming too. also dupa wants to show up.

10. Klesk

Klesk Well-Known Member

Yeah I'll be there, not sure if my FWD can handle it but hey. I still want mud racing stripes on my car:D

11. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

yea, I did talk to malik, hell yea dupa, if nothing else, we'll just put a tow strap on a tow hook, and then run it up the hood and into the cab for easy retreival (is that a word, maybe I just spelled it wrong). Are either of you guys in touch with ricky? we should get him out there if he's in town, and how 'bout Jeff Jeff in the Astro, and to the rest of you, I don't want to hear any "coulda, shoulda, woulda" BS, you've had your warning, this is going to be sweet, and there will be a ton of pics/videos to prove it!!!

12. Dynapar

i dont believe ricky will be intown next weekend. hes at caltech. and wont be back till xmas. also his wrx is there w/ him. i talked with jeff yesterday. he "may be" free on saturday. you know his schedule. now its worse workin all day at S3.

13. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

Schneider may come if he's in town, but he's only got the blue truck, and that thing's a tank, it'll go right to the bottom of anything it gets near, so we'll probably leave it at the road. I may call cort, what do you think? Might not be a good idea, might be rather humorous.

14. Dynapar

i think it would be fun to see joshs truck go rolling through the thick stuff. i dont think cort has gone down to iowa yet. ibet josh would like to come. even though his honda wont make it through anything.
    COME ON SUBY GUYS!!!! you know you wanna have some fun in the mud. get those shiny cars all brown. this is gonna be a FUN event. dont be left out.

15. Dynapar

spev may come out. he may be drivng the olds too.

16. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

is anyone here interested? Morgan? I'll be meeting Al in minnetonka, so I could show some people out to the area, otherwise, let's shoot for the MPFC at 9. Brad's house is out, haven't called Nate, or Cort, but will, let's wrap up as many people as possible!

LAST CALL

hey martin, should I bring civ when I come? I bet we could round up a few people for an all-nighter!

17. morganm

morganm New Member

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. This week has been crazy. I broke a tooth monday, dentist wed, worked till 10:30 PM thur, and had to take all of today off for the dentist again. ONe major filling and another small one :(

Tomarrow I'm booked up. I'm pretty bummed... haven't done any REAL offroading since the Castana Iowa annual event. SAT night I have to watch my son and put him to bed. My wife wakes up at 3 AM to work so she needs to sleep.

Have a blast, don't forget the snatch straps, and take some pics for the chumps like me who can't make it! :p

TTYL !_!

18. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

I think I might want to go could someone call me and let me know the details?

19. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

well, it wasn't nearly as fun as we'd hoped, but we had a good time nonetheless. My friend was not home, so we couldn't head out to his property, and the minimum maintenence road had been graded, so we didn't bother going back up there. but our favorite spot out in watertown was pretty good, had the same old trails, a bit gnarlier than my last visit, but all still doable, and a nice big mud hole in the middle, unfortunately, it was too dark to get any good pics, but we got a few of the aftermath, and a few videos.

The pics are here: http://www.ultimatesubaru.net/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=3242

the video that did turn out well might be small enough I can host it there too, otherwise, watch your inbox morgan ;)

20. bikerboy

bikerboy Subie GOD Staff Member

**** no good pics of the 323 [xx(]

21. Chux

Chux Well-Known Member

yea, sorry matt, you should've stopped at the holiday in maple plain with us, that's were those were taken, most of the ones taken out there are very close, or underexposed, so I didn't post them.

I added that video of Martin submarining his poor impreza , the other videos didn't turn out that great, one good one of the 323, but I'm standing next to my car, which is idling, so the sound is all messed up. Maybe I'll post it up anyway.